Goodbye Jesus

James Dobson Book For Teenagers

Mutate

he said in the book. something like "remember, a boy can be out of control..he can be attracted to anything at this time..ANYTHING..even their sweet feminine feet is attractive at this time"

did anyone else remember that part?

At least he said wanking is ok though "unless it becomes an issue". To be honest, I never got the feeling he was a bad guy, I think he cares as much as he can through the prism of his stern beliefs (and foot fetish).

I haven't read that book, but oh, I'm familiar with James Dobson, alright. And no, he isn't a good guy. He's a homophobic, misogynist, anti-evolution, neocon fundie of the worst order, ranking right up there in popularity and influence with folks like Falwell, the Grahams, and Robertson. Focus on the Family has given him a means of having enormous influence on the political evangelical movement, and not for the better. Most worrying is his association with Dominionism.

So while I haven't read the book you've quoted here, it doesn't surprise me for a minute that he would shame adolescents for their normal, healthy sexual development and sex drives. Par for the course, for god-fearing men like Dobson.

Least he appreciates a good foot though. That makes me relate to him more.

• Super Moderator

A foot fetish is his only redeeming quality.

Focus on the Family is a special interest group, who wants to try to shape America by their standards, it starts with the child....and the conservatives blame the liberals when they do this and have a homophobe as the leader of this organization.

My Mum and Dad gave me that book when I was growing up as a substitute for talking about the issues openly.

Dobson is a giant douche bag that wants to ruin the country with a theocrazy (intentionally misspelled). He helps fund the Family Research Council, which is a huge anti-gay "think tank," which produces anti-gay pseudo-scientific literature.

My Mum and Dad gave me that book when I was growing up as a substitute for talking about the issues openly.

OMG me too! It's called "Caution: Changes Ahead"

Mom gave it to me and told me I had to read it before I finished 7th grade. I have no doubt that my parents love me but they were scared to death to talk to me about sex. Therefore, I got my information from that book, school, movies, counseling (when all the youth group precautions about anything sex-related finally induced a severe phobia in me), and of course, college. My college friends have been the most thorough and accurate source of sex-ed I have ever gotten.