Goodbye Jesus

I hate my fucking ISP!!!

Brutal Brian

The following is a excerpt from my blog. Over the last, oh I don't know 1.5 years I have lived in my apartment(approx. time since moved in), I have had this shitty ISP that is the only one I can get for a cable modem. Enjoy, it gets quite funny in some spots and a tad bit off tangent towards the end.

Thoughts, Comments, and General Fuck-Offs as always much appreciated.....

I hate my fucking ISP!!!!

Current mood: pissed off

Ok guys and gals, I know I am just an aggravated fucking loser who spends too much time bitching about shit for his own good, but this time I have every reason to fly off the fucking handle!!!

I have this shitty ISP(Internet Service Provider) that has an exclusivity agreement with my apartment complex, meaning that for me here, I can't get any other cable modem access than this company called Wide Open West, hereto after referred as WOW. With WOW my Internet is almost and or pretty much guaranteed to go out between Midnight and 6 AM and sometimes early and during the day. Granted, the might shut it off and do maintenance, but I wouldn't complain if it fixed the problem and it hasn't. I have lived here for a year and a half.

I tried switching to DSL, and that was a mistake as well. No other alternatives than dial-up and we all know how slow that can be. So, I switched the cable modem back on and nothing, keep in mind I never had it disconnected in the first place. So I figure by now, it must be the building and the lines in it, because the signal level is still shitty. So naturally I would try calling apartment maintenance, but the maintenance guys here don't touch them and say it is all the cable company's doing. I am glad because this means they can't blame it on my apartment complex and I can pull my anger towards these guys, but I am nice on the phone so I at least try to get helped. Anyway, I called WOW and they go through the script of saying its the cable modem and its gonna take em 12 days to send me a new one. I say fine as long as it fixes the problem, but I want a service credit, but they tell me that they cannot give me one until the new cable modem arrives.

-16 Days Later-

Still with no Internet, the cable modem arrives FINALLY!!! I have had very sporadic Internet access so slow, I might as well not even use it and never mind Instant Messenging. So I get the new cable modem hooked up and my router all set and call WOW back. Same BS with the tech. I explain the situation and they see I have called about this matter, and we do some tests. THE SAME SIGNAL LEVEL PROBLEM. SO I send the old modem back, might as well keep the brand new one, and they say it will take 5 days to get a truck out. I say fine and ask for a service credit. Finally, I manage to get somewhere with this, and they credit me for the two and a half weeks It was out plus another week for the truck taking so long. So I am saving about half of what I would have paid although I should get a month free. Plus, WOW doesn't have their own people like comcast does for installs, they have independent contractors working on installs and sporadic company reps who take forever to show up.

So the guy gets there, and while he is there he talks down to me. Automatically assuming I am an idiot, and that I am full of it for calling them. He walks around and looks at the lines takes one reading at the signal coming in and going out, and apologizes then for being rude. He says you definitely have a signal problem, and I am like no shit. Well I am gonna take these readings back and we'll verify it from there. So well do this in the meantime, and he tweaks my cable modem and it works for the next six hours and then it craps out AGAIN. So I call WOW back and complain. They say they are working on it and it will be fixed soon.

Another week of shitty access goes by and I have simply had enough, I call to complain for like the 8th time, and I finally make some headway. They say that they have received several calls from my area about the same thing and that the lines need to be replaced. SO I am like okay, how about a service credit? They credit me for only half of all the time again. That is better than nothing I suppose and hang up. SO finally 2 WEEKS LATER, they come out and fix the lines for our complex. They only repair pieces of the line. PIECES OF THE LINE. Faulty fucking cable line and all this shit and they only fucking fix PIECES OF THE FUCKING CABLE LINE?????

Well flock to a year later, which is NOW, I have had this crappy spy ware ridden access for a year to deal with, and my apartment complex WILL NOT cede to allow Comcast in here, even though Comcast has the capabilities to do so. I have talked to several reps and they said that they can't. I talked to the apartment complex and they will NOT switch to Comcast no matter how much I plead.

And the fucking Internet STILL goes out regularly during those hours, which is some of the only time I have to go online. Still shits during the day sometimes too, and pretty much all I get from WOW techs is to shut the fuck up and not complain for the crappy service I'm getting. They won't compensate me anymore for service outage, nor will they upgrade my service class for free. I want something to be done, and this fucking sucks.

Just this evening I have lost the Internet for periods of 10-15 mins at a time and it is running way slower than what I am paying for. I am paying for 2/3 of what I am supposed to be getting and not the full thing. I was kicked off of my IM program 5 times in 20 minutes, so if you wonder why I don't use IM all the fucking time that is why.

So FUCK THIS GODDAMN ISP AND I WANT SOME GODDAMN COMPETITION IN THIS FUCKING APARTMENT COMPLEX BECAUSE THSI EXPECTING ME TO BE FUCKING COMPLACENT FOR SHITTY SERVICE OF ANYTHING ANYMORE IS PISSING ME OFF!!

FUCK HUMANITY FOR NOT FIGHTING BACK AGAINST SHIT LIKE THIS MORE OFTEN EITHER!!

Maybe if the world bitched and complained about BULLSHIT a little more often, the world's corruption would be as bad as it is.

Maybe if people would start questioning shit and being skeptical a little more often about things as they appear instead of hiding behind their motherfucking Jesuses or Mohammed's and started THINKING FOR THEM GODDAMN SELVES, and learned to fucking read and stop eating fast food so fucking much, the world might be a better place.

A Guy can dream and complain can't he?

Fucking hell do I feel better now. Thanks for putting up with my shouting. Much appreciated. And if you don't totally hate my ass now, feel free to comment and tell me if I called bullshit when I saw it on my cable company, many other people in my area are having the same problems.

Thanx again,

Brutal Brian

I think you have every right to complain, and I bet the apartments don't want to go to comcast because they have an arrangement with the other service and are getting a cut of the profits or some kickback. I had the same problem in the apartment I lived in before I finally bought a house. The apartments had a contract with one cable company and that's the only choice we got. The service was constantly going down, the customer service was horrible and it was very difficult because I depend on my access for work. In fact I ended up going back to dail-up because it was so unreliable and I couldn't justify paying the extra money. But I can relate it is very frustrating! It almost seems like if you are in a situation like that and really can't live without dependable high speed access you almost have no choice but to move. Really, that's one of the main reasons I moved.... if it's making it so I can't do my job then I have no choice, I can't stay there. What else can you do? :shrug: