Goodbye Jesus

The Saga continues

Lunar Shadow

I am so fucking pissed right now.... I just found out that my parents have been teaching my 3-year-old daughter about God! This is after I had had a frank discussion (about 4 months ago) with them telling them that Ivy and I would not tolerate this. They said ok to this since she is my child. So I find this shit out tonight I call them on it and they feed me the line "Well its my house and I will say what I want and to whom I want."

I went on to say well then that makes you a liar and a hypocrite even your holy book says that the responsibility of raising a child falls on THE PARENT. they conveiniently ignore the fact they even their book says they are wrong and stand their ground. I give them a fucking ass of a life time and tell them that they can go fuck themselves and I pack up my family and leave for about 4 hours

SO WHAT THE FUCK SHOULD I DO FROM HERE?? needless to say that there is now a greater rift between my parents and I and they have just trashed any shred of respect I had for them in their actions but I am stuck in their house. Any suggestions?

--JESTER

Goodbye Jesus
I am so fucking pissed right now.... I just found out that my parents have been teaching my 3-year-old daughter about God! ..............

I am so sorry to hear that. If it somehow is possible, I think it would be better to move to another place. (I would be happy if I could offer you a temporarily place to live, but I think Denmark is a little too far away :grin: ).

Hope you will find a solution.

Yes, is it feasible to live elsewhere?

Jester

Just one more comment. I understand that you are in a difficult situation with very limited options. Since your parents do not respect your authority over your child, I still think it will be best, if it is possible for you to live elswhere.

But don't make any quick decisions. Take your time to calm down and think thrue which optinons you have. The best decisions are made when you are calm.

If your parents believe that you are going to hell, and that your daughter awaits the same fate, then they probably believe *deep down* that they are rescuing her when the talk to her about God. They really can't help themselves.

This means that, yes, as soon as it is feasible you will need to get your own place, even if it's a cheap-ass apartment with a roommate. Your sanity is more important than the other possible inconveniences. Don't make any rash decisions, but it seems pretty important to you that your daughter not be brainwashed, sooo........... :shrug:

yes we would move out (if we could) I am currently unemployed and looking for work and my wife (Ivy) just had our 2nd child so at this moment she can not work either.

A "Cheap" apartment round here would run about 1000/mo for a 1 bedroom hole in the wall (I live in the SanFran Bay Area) Shit is expensive here. Yes I know I need to get the fuck out ASAP and I am doing as much as I can as fast as I can but it seems every day I stay here them more danger my daughter is in.

:ugh:

yes we would move out (if we could) I am currently unemployed and looking for work and my wife (Ivy) just had our 2nd child so at this moment she can not work either.

A "Cheap" apartment round here would run about 1000/mo for a 1 bedroom hole in the wall (I live in the SanFran Bay Area) Shit is expensive here. Yes I know I need to get the fuck out ASAP and I am doing as much as I can as fast as I can but it seems every day I stay here them more danger my daughter is in.

:ugh:

So I guess the question is about how to protect your daughter, while you have to stay there. I don't guess, your parents will change their attitude, so the only answer I can think of is to avoid letting her be too much alone with them (if that's possible).

Once again. I am so sorry about your situation, but I hope you will be able to handle it and that things will change.

working on it it is just so freaking frustrating getting the feeling like you have been stabbed in the back you know what I mean??

This situation just SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

I want to raise my daughter without having nightmares about going to hell.

That is what can happen to some children when pushed into a religion at a very young age. Nightmares about certain stories that stay in their minds.

Religion and Beliefs are not for children. This topic is for adults. We want to wait until around 7 or 8 to talk with her about this topic.... NOT 3 years old.

I CANNOT WAIT to get out of this place.

Jester and Ivy, I am not sure what you do for a living but if it is at all in construction; Northwest Florida is in desperate need. Construction jobs are on all corners.  There are no state taxes either.  Just want to throw something out there for you all to consider.  Many places are in the processes of rebuilding and there should be good steady work, at least for a few years.  I'm not in construction, nor do I know much about it.  However, I have a good friend that recently moved from Colorado and her hubby and a friend started their own business here easily.  Right now though because he is so good in construction, he was hired to go on the Hilary Duff tour as the head man in charge of building sets.  Anyway,  I could always ask what all they did to get construction over this way, if you're interested.

That is a nice thought Thankful but alas there is no moneyh to get out there in the first place.... however things are looking a little better. I went down to the Union hall and put my name on the outta work list. When I signed up I was #68 and as of this morning I am #53 so I have climbed like 15 spots in 4 days at this rate I'll have a job within a couple weeks :woohoo:

so I guess you could say thqat things are looking up.

It really bites that they violated your trust. I don't blame you for being angry.