Goodbye Jesus

Starting Again

RaisedPB

Does anyone have any recommendations on groups to get involved in or other ways to get to know others going through or have gone through deconversion; or just to make friends outside of church and christianity? I'm still very early in this journey, and most of my friendships were within the church.

Thanks,

Steve

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

I remember having the same problem at first. Add changing gender to leaving my religion behind and I pretty much started completely from scratch. Most of my friends I met through a hobby I'm into. most of my friends are part of an association I belong to through this hobby, and the rest are fellow volunteers at a local museum that is related to the hobby. I have made many wonderful friends and though we all have diverse backgrounds and interests, we all share one common interest, which is cool.

You might want to try going to http://www.meetup.com and look for local meetup groups that might interest you. There's a plethora of groups on there for just about every area of interest you can imagine. It's a good starting place.

Good luck.

Ceili

Guest Perus32

hey...good question...i thought about it as well.

What i did is I've re-started the friendships i had with certain people i went to high school with and lost contact over the years. Also, i started taking salsa lessons and so i got to know some people there. So a hobby, a class, a lesson, a volunteering organization.

Does anyone have any recommendations on groups to get involved in or other ways to get to know others going through or have gone through deconversion; or just to make friends outside of church and christianity? I'm still very early in this journey, and most of my friendships were within the church.

Thanks,

Steve

This is a real issue for a lot of us. I think I'll talk to Han Solo and some of the other moderators about having a board to post meetup times and locations for our areas. Thanks for bringing this up. I also want to encourage ANY OF YOU to talk to us or email any of us, even if you just want a private chat. We all need someone to vent to. My email address RationalOkie@gmail.com

Guest Perus32

same here...PM me if you just want to chat...i'm up for some good talk and i love meeting new people (especially if you are a girl :P haha).

On the top of this forum there is a menu with the choice: "Social", it will bring you to one of our socializing forums instead. It hasn't been around as long as this forum, but we hope it will grow and become more of the meet-up kind of site.

Hans

On the top of this forum there is a menu with the choice: "Social", it will bring you to one of our socializing forums instead. It hasn't been around as long as this forum, but we hope it will grow and become more of the meet-up kind of site.

Hans

Thanks Han.