Goodbye Jesus

Encounter with a Christian Man...

Luck Mermaid

job, they show up. On the way, one of them mentions a nearby church -church of mountain fire. I thought he was mentioning a church for mentioning's sake.

Then he tells me when we pull the truck up to my new building, "you're a very pretty girl." which I have learned to always interpret as code for "I want to rub against you" from a man.

So I smile and say to this 40 + year old, "and you're an old, old, old man."

he smiles and says 'that's true'

(I'm in my early 20s so I can get away with being abundantly rude to a 40 something or maybe even 50 year old trying to hit on me)

Then we're in the elevator and this guy he says to me he says, "so do you go to church?"

Now I ignore him and he asks me it again a minute or two later.

Now we've been talking about stuff and he knows I'm a Jewish girl and it's not like I'm a practicing Jew but I say, "um, I'm Jewish" and he says "yes, but that doesn't matter do you go to church?"

Sigh, Christians are usually respectful of my Judaism because the holocaust is so hot and prominent on their backs, and they of course would rather I'm Jewish than a Pagan and/or magicworker.

But apparently he didn't get the notice and here this cunt is trying to convert me from Judaism (good thing he didn't know of my Pagan/Satanic leanings).

And I tell him, excuse me - you just hit on me, you're old enough to be my grandfather and now you're trying to convert me ? I think you should work on yourself before you try to send a message.

He apologizes and says he didn't mean to hurt me or offend me. I don't know if he understands, since his English isn't that good, what I said about him hitting on me. We continue to move my stuff in, his partner getting more stuff from the van and then helping me get everything in my room.

AS THEY ARE LEAVING, outside, I've paid and partner is starting up the truck, before he gets in he again takes my hand and apologizes and I'm saying, 'oh ,it's okay , it's okay' and he leans in and says "because when I go to heaven, I want to see you there"... and then leaves.

Because he convinced his annoying partner to let me ride in the truck despite the fact that they might get stopped by police for a third person in the vehicle (this is my third move, all in a short span of time and I just actually expected to ride in the truck, and was really annoyed when partner was acting like 'oh what will you do? ride with us? or pay extra money for a cab?" ride with you! but that's another story)

So Christian had convinced his partner, so I let it slide, and in retrospect I can see that his proselytizing happened all behind partner's eyesin hushed tones.

That lean in, that pulling of the hand, that smiling trap as they pretend they're sorry and really they're just running the numbers. God if I didn't know better I'd szy these people are sociopathic.

Anyhow, just wanted to share this.

I don't know what I am exactly. I'm human and alive. Other than that, it depends on who you ask.

I don't know what I am exactly. I'm human and alive. Other than that, it depends on who you ask.

I was just wondering, since most people on this board were (at one time or another) Christians

luck, it seems that this old,old,christan man was trying to include you into the sheep fold. some people just can't fathom the notion, that their brand of beliefs isn't for everyone, and he sounds like one of those people. you tried your best to ignore this guy, but he didn't give up. i can't honestly say if he was truthful when he said he was sorry.