Goodbye Jesus

Philosophical Shopping Anyone?

DaveL

Wow,

So you’ve de-converted and are beginning a voyage of self discovery. How about hitting the philosophy web sites. ‘Cultural Relativism what’s that?’ ‘Humanism, uh huh…cool’

I was doing a search of these terms when I came across:

http://www.allaboutphilosophy.org/secular-humanism.htm

On the surface it looked like you stock standard philosophy web site. Definitions of the main theist and non-theist philosophies, even a few I hadn’t read about.

That is until I found the explanation of each philosophy a bit half-assed and paranoid. The killer was at the bottom of each page (you’ll love this) ‘Want to learn more?’ ‘Continue your investigation’. Umm, hang on I think I smell a rat.

Yep, a fundy site pretending to embrace philosophies and turn them on their head with God speak. Silly me for thinking that all that non-theistic stuff is really great. Better go back to my dark hole in the ground (not). Better not think about this stuff any more (not).

It’s a bit like having a salesmen try and sell you a beat up old car and an international motor show. "Forget that new Porsche, this one is much better" "that Ferrari.. total crap", you gotta buy this one, it’s sooo much better.

Nice try allaboutphilosphy.org. You can go back to the used car lot now. ;)

Cheers,

Dave

i wonder if they know how many lies they are telling. well, no matter anything to advance the mind inducing fuck of what jesus and his sky dude could do the masses. it's terrible that these xtians have no back bone. why pretend to be something that you obviously aren't. then again, fundies pretend to be human, but aren't actually.

Argh. I hate it when fundies do that. It's philosophy, not another religion.

Of course, to them, anything that makes you think even a teeny bit is considered dangerous and evil.

:Doh: That is sooo messed up, as usual!