Goodbye Jesus

Life Without Men

chefranden

You can at least keep gay men around. They won't bother you and they can lift heavy things. :shrug:

:kiss:

I'm a man who is terrified of spiders, but not snakes. Whew. I'm still IN.

Having been assigned a Y chromosome sometime early in life, I feel compelled to plea for our continued existence. But I might be a little biased in this.

I'm a man who is terrified of spiders, but not snakes. Whew. I'm still IN.

Oh please, I can pick up a wild spider to take it back outside.

I honestly feel the world is a better place when we look beyond our differences, regardless of race or gender. I do agree with eliminating the assholes who crave power, however.

I know at this point, I would not be happy without men, because most other women are nutty. But then a LOT of that nuttiness is because of men...so would that quality I dislike in them go away? Would I be able to find something in these ladies I've written off as superficial crazies, that would actually be worth something? Maybe get to see a REAL and worthwhile side of them for once? :scratch:

I think that the only reason women get all nutty over men is that we are around. Without men around, women would just be neurotic over other things. Also, as far as how they look, it seems that women care as much (if not more) about what other women think than any man.

So they grew sperm in a lab, so what? There is more to us (humans, that is) than just gametes. We need variety in our interactions, and I think that the gender differences are a good source.

(OT- For any Sci Fi lovers, a great short story relating to the topic of no men is "Houston, Houston, Do You Read" by James Tiptree, Jr.)

Another interesting look at a world without men is the comic series Y the Last Man. For some reason that's never completely explained, all the men, and all the male mammals on Earth die all at once, except Yorick Brown and his pet capuchin monkey Ampersand. Here's the wiki article about it.(Has some spoilers further down the page.) Wiki-Y The Last Man

I love men! My best friend is a man!!!

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, you've gone from marrying real dicks to just having one as your best friend. :P

Danger, danger noob!!! Tread very carefully!!!

O.K. Lest I ruin his reputation, I will concede that he is a dick. But at least he is a fun, amusing, intelligent dick!!! And, his doG rules!!!!!

Plus, he has NEVER stood me up and he would NEVER, EVER put bluegrass music on my MP3 player. So there. :P

Of course you realize now he's morally obligated to put a single pseudo-bluegrass song on your MP3 player which you won't discover the presence of until February.

I love men! My best friend is a man!!!

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, you've gone from marrying real dicks to just having one as your best friend. :P

Danger, danger noob!!! Tread very carefully!!!

O.K. Lest I ruin his reputation, I will concede that he is a dick. But at least he is a fun, amusing, intelligent dick!!! And, his doG rules!!!!!

Plus, he has NEVER stood me up and he would NEVER, EVER put bluegrass music on my MP3 player. So there. :P

Of course you realize now he's morally obligated to put a single pseudo-bluegrass song on your MP3 player which you won't discover the presence of until February.

No way!!! I would trust him with my life AND my MP3 player!!! But I wouldn't leave him alone in the room with my cheeseburger and fries. :)

I have no idea why people think a world without men would be a peaceful one. Women are peaceful my ass. In my experience women are more vicious and underhanded when crossed.

True, but they don't seem to gather in groups to get those bastards. I have a hard time picturing an all female lynch mob.

I can already see the flak barrels starting to swivel my way for what I'm about to say, but anyway...

...I wonder what the reaction of most people would be if this article had reported the opposite - you know, "Men don't need women anymore, they can now form eggs out of (whatever cell type of a male body)"?

Somehow I suspect the outrage against "those macho pigs" or similar would be deafening.

Intriguing.

Scientists produce sperm using DNA from adult epithelial cells. Men no longer needed.

Fourty, fifty years later, scientists develop artificial wombs, and perfect procedures for regulating gene exp​ression throughout development leading to perfectly viable infants. Women no longer needed.

Since the production of neither men nor women is needed, the technology designated to this purpose becomes obsolete.

I have no idea why people think a world without men would be a peaceful one. Women are peaceful my ass. In my experience women are more vicious and underhanded when crossed.

Apes of war... is it in our genes?

...In the Seventies, Prof Wrangham and Dr Goodall watched a group of chimpanzees split into two factions. One group killed every male and some of the females in the other group. The victims had recently been their companions.

Although Dr Goodall was the first to suggest it, Prof Wrangham went on to develop a theory that would explain human violence based on the aggression he had witnessed. As he points out, we are hardly a peaceful species. In Britain, men are 24 times more likely to kill or assault another person, and 263 times more likely to commit a sexual offence than a woman...

Guest Davka

True, but they don't seem to gather in groups to get those bastards. I have a hard time picturing an all female lynch mob.

Also true. However, I have no trouble at all picturing an aggrieved woman motivating and egging on an all-male lynch mob.

I can definitely imagine women gathering together in lynch mobs.

Which is why I am cautious about Walmart sale-days. :eek:

Which is why I am cautious about Walmart sale-days. :eek:

This is also why I avoid sales. I went to a sale once...never again.

In case you didn't hear it already... I read online that the statement about that artificial sperm has been retracted. No reasons were given.

In case you didn't hear it already... I read online that the statement about that artificial sperm has been retracted. No reasons were given.

Anxiety? That just made me think of a couple copulating but are interrupted.