Goodbye Jesus

Had To Say Hi!

Coriander

Hello! I didn't see any 'introduce yourself' board but it seemed rude to jump in without a few words first.

Live on the other side of the world to most of you. Hate coriander (the herb) passionately - reckon it is the anti-christ so why did it strike me as a good username?? :scratch: Was raised in a fundie family in a bizarre pentecostal cult - CRC, last 5 years have been a gradual journey out of that cult, out of the church, out of xtianity and out of 'religion'.I'm enjoying life without a need for labels. Will post my 'testimony' sometime soon, right now I'm busy reading pages of old posts thrilled to see there are others who get it.

• Super Moderator

Welcome, Coriander.

I hope you like it here. We always have a good time, even when we fight!

Look forward to your input.

Wilkommen in...in...mygermansücken.

Welcome aboard our freedom boat. You're sure to find some like-minded people here. And I, for one, am looking forward to your extimony.

Welcome, Coriander!

I'm always delighted when a new person takes the time and shows the interest to spend time reading old posts. Even with all the frivolous, silly or "off topic" posts here, there is a real wealth of information and excellent thinking from our members. We have some extremely sharp and courageous thinkers and researchers here.

If you have any problems or questions, please don't hesitate to contact one of us moderators. This is definitely not one of those sites where the mods are not active.

Loren

• 3 weeks later...
I'm always delighted when a new person takes the time and shows the interest to spend time reading old posts. Even with all the frivolous, silly or "off topic" posts here, there is a real wealth of information and excellent thinking from our members. We have some extremely sharp and courageous thinkers and researchers here.

Oh there is, it's been refreshing. :)

Thank you for the welcomes. I look forward to joining in (and learning how to multi-quote).

Oh there is, it's been refreshing. :)

Thank you for the welcomes. I look forward to joining in (and learning how to multi-quote).

When you hit the "reply" button, notice how the text is preceded by coding that says:

In this case, I changed the final closing bracket to a closing parenthesis in order to keep the software from automatically making a quote box. The end of it should say, post='470854'] instead of post='470854').

At the end of the quote, you'll notice a

[/quote).

You can copy and paste those discrete parcels of coding where ever you want within the text of what you're quoting, with your own responses interspersed between. The real key to understanding it is to know that everything between the brackets is an instruction to the software, with a slash mark being the instruction to end the preceding instruction.

Try highlighting a word or line, and hitting the italics key, the bold key or the underline key and see what the coding looks like that gets inserted on each side of what you highlighted. You'll get the idea of how it works.

If I'm making multiple replies to different chunks of text, say in a paragraph, I'll often leave the full line of quote coding in the first box, since this leaves the time stamp, and then leave out everything in the coding line between the second single quotation mark after the person's name and the final bracket. This reduces subsequent quote boxes to being labeled with just the name of the poster. I just think it looks neater, and easier on the reader's eye.

I'll do the same thing with the following text that I did before, changing the final bracket to a parenthesis, in order to show what the coding looks like, then I'll change the parentheses to brackets (the way they should be) in order to show what the end product looks like.

When I first hit the "reply" button, it looks like this:

Hi, everybody! I've been reading here and can see that you've all left the faith because you've been hurt by the church. Well, the Holy Spirit told me to tell you that those people who hurt you were not True Christians! If you'll just read the Bible, and trust the Lord Jesus, you can still have forgiveness in the grace of His love! Did you know that you were never really saved by the blood of the lamb, you just thought you were? If you'd really been saved, your happiness would have kept you from losing your faith!

[/quote)

Then, I do this with it:

Hi, everybody! I've been reading here and can see that you've all left the faith because you've been hurt by the church.[/quote)

No, you haven't. Don't lie to us. If you'd been reading, you'd know better than to trot out that sorry line for us.

Well, the Holy Spirit[/quote)

Is this the same Holy Spirit that failed to warn you what kind of people you are now dealing with?

told me to tell you that those people who hurt you were not True Christians![/quote)

Right. Most of us lost our faith because we studied our way out, not because we were hurt.

If you'll just read the Bible, and trust the Lord Jesus, you can still have forgiveness in the grace of His love! Did you know that you were never really saved by the blood of the lamb, you just thought you were? If you'd really been saved, your happiness would have kept you from losing your faith![/quote)

Right. Try really reading next time, instead of lying to us and just saying that you did.

Jackass!

So it should come out looking like this:

Hi, everybody! I've been reading here and can see that you've all left the faith because you've been hurt by the church.

No, you haven't. Don't lie to us. If you'd been reading, you'd know better than to trot out that sorry line for us.

Well, the Holy Spirit

Is this the same Holy Spirit that failed to warn you what kind of people you are now dealing with?

told me to tell you that those people who hurt you were not True Christians!

Right. Most of us lost our faith because we studied our way out, not because we were hurt.

If you'll just read the Bible, and trust the Lord Jesus, you can still have forgiveness in the grace of His love! Did you know that you were never really saved by the blood of the lamb, you just thought you were? If you'd really been saved, your happiness would have kept you from losing your faith!

Right. Try really reading next time, instead of lying to us and just saying that you did.

Jackass!

And that's how you multiquote. You can change names, time stamps and so forth right in the coding.

And by the way, it's fine to start a test thread, just to play around with this stuff and get a feel for it. Just let one of the mods know when you're done with it, and we'll delete the thread. Just title it, "Coriander's Test Thread," or something obvious like that, so we don't have trouble finding it.

Also, after you make a certain number of posts, you'll be able to edit your posts after you've posted.

Welcome. There is an anti-testimoney section if you are so inclined that many use as an introduction.

welcome it's good to see new "wolves to the fold" lol :) can't wait to hear your exitmony. i love not going to church on sundays, hitting up a local starbuck, or just sleep in is always good

Welcome, I think you will learn much here and there are many good people here.

Just make sure to stay away from me, as I bite.

P.S.

Life without a need for labels is good.

Welcome to Ex-C. Yes. There are some very intelligent and helpful people here. I think it will be a good experience for you. It has been for me. There is a wealth of information and insights already posted here. I'm looking forward to reading your ex-timony.