Goodbye Jesus

Argh! One of my Favorite Radio Stations Gone

Amethyst

Grrrrrr.

Am I the only one in the Twin Cities who likes jazz once in a while? Sheesh. The jazz station disappeared suddenly and turned into a Christian one.

I want my jazz back. Argh!!!!

:vent:

I know how you feel.

Since around 2000, we had a really cool radio station just called "Project" here in Northern Germany. You got there lots of alternative music, lightyears away from the boring mainstream, along with moderators who didn't censor themselves but said whatever they wanted to say just like they'd talk to their friends in private. Their gags included stuff like the "topless weather chick" who was (officially at least - hard to verify that she really does that from afar ;) ) obliged to open her window topless - no matter who might be able to see her - and, phone in hand, tell the moderator about the weather at her place that morning. By the way, that was a volunteer program, no babe was coerced into participating... but somehow, there was never a lack of weather chicks :wicked:

Then, one morning in the summer of 2003, suddenly it was no longer Project, but "89,0 RTL", and the mainstream junk was back - though in decidedly less quantity than on the other bullshit stations. It was mentioned casually that Project had, after all, just been a literal "project" of the TV/radio company RTL, and that it had been decided to end the project now.

Boy were we furious...

...the one good thing is, of course, that the station still is of somewhat above-average quality, but still...

(At least it didn't turn into a fundie propaganda base overnight :pureevil: )

Grrrrrr.

Am I the only one in the Twin Cities who likes jazz once in a while?  Sheesh.  The jazz station disappeared suddenly and turned into a Christian one.

I want my jazz back.  Argh!!!!

:vent:

As a Dj on a radio station, granted college radio, but still a radio DJ nonetheless, Iknow that it indeed sucks when these things happen. But Xtian shit? I am sorry.

But also being a college radio DJ, check for colleges in your area with Telecommunications programs, they usually have a few hours of Jazz a week. If you even want to consider it, you may be able to join the station and play some Jazz of your own, if you have the interest.

-brutal brian