Goodbye Jesus

My Very Lame Deconversion

greenhunter

I'm not sure, I just left, I guess you could say I had enough of being told that what I believed in was "wrong" and that even though I was "saved" and did the cliches of "christianity",and I was going to hell because I didn't support the issues they supported. I officially left in 2005, with the final belief that if there was a god, or isn't one, I don't care. I haven't told my family yet, and honestly don't plan on doing so, I've told some of my friends and them being my friends are cool with it. It's been an easy road for me to leave so far, things have changed for the better and I can finally think about me and now can freely say happy holiday (I love saying that rather than merry christmas) without hearing some "christian" say to me "you need to say merry christmas", or give me the riot act on how we were founded with "christian fathers' sorry about the rant, it's been a long path building up to my relief, but now that it happened, I feel better.

Congratulations. . .coming out to family is an adventure (read: lots of bumps), don't rush it.

Greetings.

I can finally think about me and now can freely say happy holiday (I love saying that rather than merry christmas) without hearing some "christian" say to me "you need to say merry christmas"

For what it's worth, the word "holiday" is derived from "holy day," so you may even want to switch to "season's greetings" instead. :)

Greetings.

I can finally think about me and now can freely say happy holiday (I love saying that rather than merry christmas) without hearing some "christian" say to me "you need to say merry christmas"

For what it's worth, the word "holiday" is derived from "holy day," so you may even want to switch to "season's greetings" instead. :)

thanks for letting me know so i'll say seasons greetings instead :)

Happy Festivus! :)

isn't that a "religious" holiday...lol.

The great thing is you feel better and honestly dealt with what you felt needed to be dealt with.

That was NOT a lame de-conversion story, by the way.

The great thing is you feel better and honestly dealt with what you felt needed to be dealt with.

thanks, well, i heard all these people with great stories and all i had was working with a "christian" bookstore, with idiots who thought they were better than i am because i didn't listen to "christian music" or watch "christian movies", the same company who did a hostile takeover of a internationally known "christian" university, but treats their employee's like shit, but a lot better than the previous owner of said university who didn't even pay minimum wage or insurance as far as i knew. a lame douche-bag of an ex step father who claimed that i wasn't saved,my former church was apart of the southern baptist convention who endorsed the idiot who gave us the phony known as palin. so my turn was more political since i was a democrat at 13.

btw you guys have been great thanks for the encouragement.

i talked to my mom about it, and she doesn't care, so i can breathe a sigh of relief.

There is no Lame de-conversion story.

Very true. It's great to be freed from the shackles of religion, so any deconversion story is a good deconversion story.

Very true. It's great to be freed from the shackles of religion, so any deconversion story is a good deconversion story.

again thanks, it's short and quick but it's to the point as i could make it.

• 8 months later...

sorry it's been less than a year since i posted, here's an update: i made my official exit from my church in november. my christian friends are slowly catching on, but since i went to that church since birth they don't seem to care. i took at night job at a hospital, and my mom is still ok with it. so no major problems, yet. my aunt is very religious so i won't be telling her anytime soon. a