Goodbye Jesus

Peace of the Gods

quicksand

Peace of the Gods

Blame Christians for All the Worlds Problems...

Last night, a tornado hit Stoughton, southeast of Madison, WI destroying 30 homes, killing 1 person, and injuring 21 others. Diane Derra, a resident, comments that "To see that, you know you saw something powerful. I’ve never seen anything like it."

Fast forward to the past, 4th and 5th century Rome.

As Christianity began to assert its dominance by various factors and mostly by the assistance of the state, the traditional gods that classical society worshipped were being abandoned and legalized against by Holy Roman Imperial Authority. Justinian, emperor from 527-65, declared:

All those who have not yet been baptized must come forward, whether they reside in the capitol and in the provinces, and go to the very holy churches with their wives, their children, and their households to be instructed in the true faith of Christianity. And once thus instructed and having sincerely renounced their former error (paganism), let them be judged worthy of redemptive baptism. Should they disobey, let them know that they will be excluded from the state and will no longer have any rights of possession, neither goods nor property; stripped of everything, they will be reduced to penury, without prejudice to the appropriate punishments that will be imposed on them.

Despite the decline of paganism during the period, the legalization against, the practice of worshipping other gods did not fall out of favor with the local populaces even when these strict measures were enforced. Christianity frequently makes the claim that once the faith was introduced to the people, millions converted overnight and of their own volition. This is not so. From the chronicles of the time, we see a confluence of worshipping both Christian and Pagan gods, even at public festivals. Often celebrating a Christian celebration and a Pagan celebration together, like Candlemas. Also, Christians never stopped believing in the pagan gods themselves, no, instead of saying they didn't exist they simply called them evil or demons. But what happened when Christianity finally took hold over all of Europe? That's right, the Dark Ages began when the old gods were no longer worshipped.

The conclusion, the pagan gods are still with us and trying to get our attention.

And how are they doing this? Here's a quick sample:

• Drought. The Midwest is currently experiencing a drought that has hit local farmers quite hard and produce prices continue to skyrocket. Not to mention the famine and droughts that plague Africa. Ceres, the goddess of agriculture we need to appease. It would also be wise to build temples and worship Proserpina, Saturn, Vesta and another god of the ancients that influenced agriculture.

• The Iraq War. We need to get out and win this thing. Therefore, we must appeal to Mars for his help. You support the troops right?

• Female Infertility. You must appeal to Venus, she is the goddess of motherhood, then and only then we can end the debate over human embryos and stem cells. It might also help to worship Nona too.

• The Asian Tsunami. Killing thousands and thousands and destroying millions and millions of dollars in property. Those people were killed because you Christians, stopped worshiping Neptune.

• Insomnia. Only when we appeal to the god, Somnus, will all overworked Americans finally get a good nights sleep.

• Earthquakes and volcanos. More frequent now. Injuring and destroying millions throughout the world. Vulcan we need to appease.

• Hurricanes. The number, severity and frequency of hurricanes has increased hitting Florida every year again, destroying millions of dollars in property, and injuring and killing hundreds. Again, Neptune, just trying to get your attention.

• Greenhouse emissions, and Global Warming. Threatening humanity's entire existence. We need to appeal and appease, Veiovis, only he can heal the planet.

Sounds crazy? It is not. Christians are encouraged to find miracles in the everyday as proof of the God's work through the Holy Ghost. Pat Robertson and Jerry Farwell famously said that 911 was the direct result of God punishing the United States for homosexuality and abortion. We simply live in a world that the supernatural manipulates the natural world and we are forever in direct connection with. And Christians, you can say all you want that you do not believe in the old pagan gods, but that does not make them just go away and not exist. The bible supports other gods and even mentions them (ie Saturn, Baal), this is why He tells the Israelites they should have "no other gods" before him. Your God has always acknowledged their existence, and so should you.

Therefore, it is only wise that Christians begin again to worship the old gods. They can still worship God, but they must include the old pantheon in their duties. Since Christ-God is a God of peace therefore a pacifist and has saved you through a sacrifice of his perfect son, you are in no risk of punishment in Hell. You are saved. Furthermore, God has not destroyed the Pagan Gods in the supernatural realm, as we continue to see their lack of involvement and the subsequent disasters that have occurred per my short list above. This is all the evidence you need.

Christians, is the time for you to make the sacrifices and rebuild the temples and attend them. We simply need the protections that the Pagan Gods used to provide and has since withdrawn because you no longer worship them. In doing so, you are showing your love to your neighbors and enemies that even Jesus said was a high moral principle, by once again, securing their protection from natural and otherwise disasters.

Peace on Earth is at stake here.

• Insomnia. Only when we appeal to the god, Somnus, will all overworked Americans finally get a good nights sleep.

Christians, is the time for you to make the sacrifices and rebuild the temples and attend them.

Peace on Earth is at stake here.

Hey, I'm no Xian, but I'll help fund the Temple for Somnus. Fuck, but I could use some god damned SLEEP! :grin:

I always thought Christianity was a logical belief system based on real things that really happened, not some myth like Apollo? You mean, their pure logic and reason has caused all these calamities for us by denying the help of the gods? Zeus help us!!! :fun:

I always thought Christianity was a logical belief system based on real things that really happened, not some myth like Apollo?  You mean, their pure logic and reason has caused all these calamities for us by denying the help of the gods?  Zeus help us!!! :fun:

It would appear so, wouldn't it hey? :grin:

I'm just feeding their logic back on them, reductio style. Not meant as an impugnment against paganism, but against the rigorism of Christianity.

You make a good point. I didn't really think about it before but the commandment in the old testament is:

Exd 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

I think a strict reading of this would indicate that it is OK with God to worship other gods, just make sure to take care of the jealous one first. :scratch:

You make a good point. I didn't really think about it before but the commandment in the old testament is:

I think a strict reading of this would indicate that it is OK with God to worship other gods, just make sure to take care of the jealous one first.  :scratch:

Hmm, perhaps we could get Yahoo Sports to rank the gods. Put God first, followed by Sol Invictus, perhaps Zeus, then um....

My fear is that some Christian may say I am right and follow suit, but the fundies as you know, will have sand in their panties over this.

Ave Jove, thou Father of Gods... Heimdall :Old:

I think a strict reading of this would indicate that it is OK with God to worship other gods, just make sure to take care of the jealous one first.  :scratch:

So if I understand this right, God had an open relationship with Israel. They could sleep with other gods if they wanted, so long as they came home to YHWH at night and gave him primacy? What about god swapping, or even group sacrifices with multiple gods (so long as they practiced safe worship)? :3some:

Now, that was mighty liberal attitude I'd say. Maybe this is when things when things turned bad for us, when it became an insistence on strict god monogamy? Now look at us, with global warming and everything!

I don't know about your Christian churches but Christianity has yet another twist to rule out their being other deities.  LOL... I was taught a god can be your tv, your wallet, your children, your job.  You know those things people have in this life.  Figures though doesn't it?

That's called Pantheism isn't it? Perhaps after all these years of neglect christians should start worshipping the physical world as well. Just to be safe.