Goodbye Jesus

What's So Special About the Teachings Of Jesus?

Guest SerenityNow

Guest SerenityNow

Really, what is so special? What did he teach that wasn't taught in Jewish Law?

Exodus 23:4-6

4 "If you come across your enemy's ox or donkey wandering off, be sure to take it back to him. 5 If you see the donkey of someone who hates you fallen down under its load, do not leave it there; be sure you help him with it.

Leviticus 19

16 " 'Do not go about spreading slander among your people.

" 'Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor's life. I am the LORD.

17 " 'Do not hate your brother in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in his guilt.

18 " 'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

Oh and um, since the OT is non-binding according to the majority of Christian Denominations, I guess these little tidbits can be tossed away too, No? :Hmm: Or is it only the ones people that people don't like to do that get tossed aside?

Really, what is so special?  What did he teach that wasn't taught in Jewish Law?

He taught that he is one aspect of yahweh, and that ever since god developed three different split personalities, that god is not consistent, jesus proved it by breaking the law that was put into place for the hebrews for ever and ever, and because of that we can never really know if god will totaly throw out any laws given us by jesus sometime in the future either. That is what jesus taught. hehe

That explains why jesus never came back, because one of gods personalities must have changed the rulez AGAIN!. god is fighting with its other personalities. hehe.

Those are the types of things I got from Jesus...... love your enemies and turn the other cheek. I guess using that line of reasoning, if America was really a "Christian nation" then on 9/11 we should have told Al-Queda we loved them and offered up another building for them to bomb. :nono:

Those are the types of things I got from Jesus...... love your enemies and turn the other cheek.  I guess using that line of reasoning, if America was really a "Christian nation" then on 9/11 we should have told Al-Queda we loved them and offered up another building for them to bomb.   :nono:

The neocons have new rulez given them by god. Dub......ya speaks to one of gods personalities dont chyah know.

Does the Law stand? Yes and no, depends on gods mood I guess. The prez will fill us in as god reveals itself to him. hehe.

( yes I'm a disgruntled moderate fiscal conservative, hehe. )

You're funny D_C, that's why I love ya ;-)

You have a lota knowlege and ask damn good questions.

I love you too thankful!!

The neocons have new rulez given them by god. Dub......ya speaks to one of gods personalities dont chyah know.

Does the Law stand? Yes and no, depends on gods mood I guess. The prez will fill us in as god reveals itself to him. hehe.

God, Jesus and HS are all moral relativists. The Christians who claim moral absolutism and pawn relativism off on atheists make me lol :dumbo:

God, Jesus and HS are all moral relativists.  The Christians who claim moral absolutism and pawn relativism off on atheists make me lol  :dumbo:

Hehe! And xers treat nihilists with disdain! :lmao:

So if biblegod is true, he should turn the other cheek and allow all us "evil" heathens in through the pearly gates.  :grin:

Well, if he did that, wouldn't that make Jesus a liar? :wicked:

Why didn't jesus show up at the garden, and let adam and eve tack him up to a stick and pay the price for sin right then and there, then humanity would have been saved a lota grief sooner with the gift of salvation.

Hey sounds like another great Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure! Could you imagine Bill and Ted dragging jesus outa the phone booth and into the garden, after having payed Judas 30 silver to nab jesus before any deal was made with the pharasees? Air guitar and an "Excellent!", for sparing all the victims of gods atrocities!

Those kinds of laws were around way before the OT too, so, even there; these "laws" are not original.

I know. They were based on the Code of Hammurabi from Sumer, which predated the Jewish Laws.

I used to think Jesus had the corner on not taking revenge but whoever wrote Leviticus already coined it.  He may not have said "turn the other cheek" but in the Levitcus scripture above it said "do not seek revenge".  Pretty much the same thing though either way concerning 9/11 now, isn't it.

Those kinds of laws were around way before the OT too, so, even there; these "laws" are not original.

Not to mention it's exactly the humble meek behavior that would be considered very desireable to the ruling class in a civilization. Allow the ruling power to walk right over you. Take your sons for war, your daughters for slaves, and your goat milk for taxes to keep everything going. Don't question, don't oppose, just smile.....nod....and tell us you'll pray for us while we rape the fruits of your life for our agendas.

Please turn the other cheek.....it makes you a "good" person. And when we come back to screw you later, you won't mind.

Afterall, even the book of Leviticus says to help those who hate you

It just says to love your fellow neighbor. In the Jewish context, that would Ahavat Yisrael - loving each Jew. If you are Jewish, he/she is part of your people, and so you are supposed to love him. Much like family members are supposed to love each other.

It doesn't say to help people who hate you.