Goodbye Jesus

"animal Heaven"

bird28

Ghaw, today I run over my uncle's cat accidentally. Poor kitty... I got horribly upset. So the first thing out of my uncle's and grandma's mouths "Kitty's in Heaven now" Ghaw, they just kept talking about it and stuff... I just nodded, not wanting to tell them I don't believe that anymore. What was funny is when my uncle later said "Kittys not in Heaven, it's laying in the yard dead." I laughed, but he was trying to make a joke, cause he believes in kitty heaven.

Anyway, animal heaven is not even in the Bible, but it seems that people want to believe they will see their pets again... what is your theory as to why "kitty heaven" exists in the minds of many?

Anyway, animal heaven is not even in the Bible, but it seems that people want to believe they will see their pets again... what is your theory as to why "kitty heaven" exists in the minds of many?

For the same reason they believe in human heaven: because the idea of never seeing a deceased loved one again terrifies them.

This topic was covered in an episode of Moral Orel, when Jesus came back as a dog. It was pretty much established that true Christians know that animals don't go to heaven, they just die. I suppose that's because animals are atheists. Can't blame them, really. The animals, that is.

Pets aren't going to be raptured either. But........

http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/Home_Page.html

You've committed your life to Jesus. You know you're saved. But when the Rapture comes what's to become of your loving pets who are left behind? Eternal Earth-Bound Pets takes that burden off your mind.

It's pretty much orthodox thought that animals do not go to heaven because they lack a soul. Apparently, expressing one's cognitive thought in the form of a linguistic utterance is a sign of a soul.

But if there is an Animal Heaven, what about an Animal Hell? Just think, somewhere in eternity some grannies mean ass parakeet that loved to poop on people is roasting alive. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! :fdevil:

"All dogs go to heaven"

My cat has issues with this. He in fact asked me what "that was all about". I told him that dogs were very selfless at times and would even sacrifice their lives or risk danger to protect their human patrons. My cat had problems with that, since the concept of a "selfless" act is outside the purvue of felines, in case you hadn't noticed.

Then my cat asked me that if I make it to human heaven (which he doubts cuz I play violent video games, have sex outside of marriage, smoke grass sometimes and listen to heavy rock music....oh, and I favoured Obama in the US election.....) but if I did I would attempt to bring him back, you know, it might be cool.

It was then that I picked him up and hugged him, and told him how much I loved him, and that it would be painful when he finally expired or got offed by the other cats in the hood.

Not fooled by this, (cats never are) he said, "I take that as a 'no'..." To which a tear came to my eye, then I gave him a fishy treat. He seemed satisfied with this, however, but I got the distinct impression he knew something that he wasn't telling me.

The little bastard.

You've committed your life to Jesus. You know you're saved. But when the Rapture comes what's to become of your loving pets who are left behind? Eternal Earth-Bound Pets takes that burden off your mind.

Is that site serious??? What a good way to make money :wicked:

Those videos reminds me to make a video of my aunt's dog saying momma and putting it on youtube.

Anyway, I guess I'm still not convinced the supernatural doesn't exist, so I sometimes go to these non-christian spiritual sites... They told me to tell the kitty it was okay to go into the light... out loud?

But seriously, I'm about to give up these sites cause I still don't see any evidence... especially since they can't agree on an aura color based on one simple picture, sigh.

• Super Moderator

I think at the time the authors penned the Bible, they couldn't have known how important and beloved pets would eventually become. Had they foreseen this phenomenon thy might have made up some shit about if you're "saved" your pets will be in Heaven with you. It would have made a good selling point in today's Britain and America in particular.

Of course, animal spirits were revered by the Pagans, so maybe it was best that they stayed away from the subject after all.

Personally, I would have no use for an eternity without animals, as I generally prefer them to people anyway.

Of course, animal spirits were revered by the Pagans, so maybe it was best that they stayed away from the subject after all.

Personally, I would have no use for an eternity without animals, as I generally prefer them to people anyway.

It's not just the Pagans; many First Nation's tribes in Canada believe in the concept of an animal "Spirit Guide." Interestingly, those that believe in their animal spirit guide also do not believe in a god.

Guest ephymeris

OMG...now I think I've seen it all. :Doh:

They told me to tell the kitty it was okay to go into the light... out loud?

LMAO. It would be highly amusing to watch that take place, either that or highly disturbing. It'd be even funnier if you got an old lady to do that, film it, and put it on YouTube.

"Stormy, go into the light!"

"You know that's all bullshit; you've told me dozens of times. Wait, I can talk? I thought I didn't have linguistic centers. I guess death anthropomorphizes me."

At least it was better than the reactin from my best friend... I was hoping for good job advice and good advice to cheer me up, all she sent were Bible versus. I mean at least say something...

That is freakin' ingenious!

What about selling promises to visit "lost" relatives and delivering personal messages to them from their raptured loved ones? "I disappeared because I'm a Christian and I was raptured. You need to come to Jesus right now!" I wonder how much money that would make?

{{Bird28}} Sincere sympathies re the death as well as the guilt.

On a lighter note ... this will no doubt come as quite a surprise to Christians, but the Bible teaches that animals have souls and are going to be in heaven :) Revelation 5:13 "And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under theearth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard Isaying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him thatsitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever."

Fundies insist that every word in the Bible is to be taken literally. They must therefore concede that according to the Bibe, animals talk, animals have souls, animals recognize and acknowledge God and Jesus, and at least some of the animals are going to heaven.

Christians have failed to obey Jesus's command to preach the gospel to the animals :) (Mark 16:15) "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

Remember that Jesus said, in Matthew 24:14, "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

Notice that the end won't come until the gospel is preached "in all the world for a witness to all nations."

In conclusion -- Jesus isn't coming back, and it's the Christians fault, because they refuse to preach the gospel to animals :)

{{Bird28}}

On a lighter note ... this will no doubt come as quite a surprise to Christians, but the Bible teaches that animals have souls and are going to be in heaven :) Revelation 5:13 "And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under theearth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard Isaying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him thatsitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever."

The teachings I grew up with taught that animals have a place in heaven based on this a few other verses (like the lion laying down with the lamb + all of creation - that isn't human - crying out under the weight of sin) and what really bothers me is the implication that animals are fine enough as they and will be let into heaven but countless millions of humans are so abhorrently sinful that God (who supposedly made these humans in his image and says he loves them....says he loves them and cares for them more than a little sparrow) would rather let them roast in hell forever. Logic bypass anyone?

I've heard that the verses saying "all creatures" are only including all the different kinds of people, no matter their ethnicity.

But what about Miss Delilah, the Christian cat? :HaHa:

Miss Delilah is one laid back cat. My cat would never allow me to handle her like Ed does with Delilah.

{{Bird28}} Sincere sympathies re the death as well as the guilt.

St. Thomas Aquinas gave detailed descriptions of the 5 genera of the soul, and the only soul that humans have that animals don't according to the Summa Theologiae is the Intellectual or Rational Soul (which is kind of ironic...). Animals are alive, and he allows for an animal "soul", so...

But why am I even mentioning this? It's all bullshit.

A nice fairy tale.