Goodbye Jesus

Evangelism Explosion Fail

Snafutopia

Haha I've been seeing this everywhere lately. While I know there are people just as dumb (and dumber), I've been hearing that this one's staged.

My bet -- it's legitimate. But I'll do my best to find out.

The fundie airheads in this video are EXACTLY like the majority of church kids around where I live.

I couldn't even get through the first half of the video. The total geography fail was more than I could take.

I've been hearing that this one's staged.

I really, really hope so. Even as cynical as I am, I really don't want to believe there are actually people that stupid out there. "It would be like if an African person and an Asian person had a baby." :twitch::banghead:

Like Grandpa used to say, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and prove yourself a fool."

I'm trying to locate the originals at youtube. Those might have info re how to contact Molly.

I couldn't even get through the first half of the video. The total geography fail was more than I could take.

I've been hearing that this one's staged.

I really, really hope so. Even as cynical as I am, I really don't want to believe there are actually people that stupid out there. "It would be like if an African person and an Asian person had a baby." :twitch::banghead:

Sadly, there are a lot of people that stupid out here. Smalltown and rural Arkansas is populated with kids just like Molly and Rachel. And their parents, pastors and Sunday School teachers who helped make them this stupid.

Did you happen to catch the part where Saraa (I've no idea what her full name is nor how to spell it) is trying to explain her ethnic background, and Rachel says to Molly, "I think she's lying to us." Molly is convinced that Saraa is actually black, but refuses to admit it, and is trying to "pass" for Asian.

My absolutely favorite part is the very end of the video, when Saraa -- civilized, polite, and intelligent in a way that Molly and Rachel never will be -- shakes their hands and says, "It was nice to meet you." and then she leaves, like a young lady.

Leaving Molly and Rachel sputtering. They just can't believe their intended victim -- their hoped-for conversion trophy -- got away! :yelrotflmao:

This was posted before by someone else but the video wouldn't load, but now it works for me.

I quite literally blurted out "Oh my fucking god," when the host girl said that Saraa was from an "African country in Asia...but you look African...why are you so dark?" Geography Fail!

I just noticed something. Notice how one of the girls is wearing sunglasses; I wouldn't be surprised if she was half baked.

I really Really want to believe that this is made up. However, experience has taught me that many of the things I think MUST be satire are in fact real. I am constantly underestimating the levels that sheer ignorance and arrogance can reach.

Sadly, there are a lot of people that stupid out here. Smalltown and rural Arkansas is populated with kids just like Molly and Rachel. And their parents, pastors and Sunday School teachers who helped make them this stupid.

I can back up Pope Flippant's statement. I went to high school in a slightly more diverse and liberal area of the state and there were still many teens just like this. It gets worse the farther into the country you get. Teens who think that knowledge is memorizing just enough not to fail the class. Parents who don't care as long as their kid loves Jeebus.

• Super Moderator

When it comes to Christianity it's often virtually impossible to separate parody and satire from the real thing.

I think that fact alone says a lot.

Wow, I don't think IMO that it's staged. Those incoherent airheads seemed sincere and just cringe at the thought that there are many many others out there like them. I was surprised the Indian girl endured as long as she did with those morons, but she handled it with class.

Molly is woefully ignorant. I really hope it is not for real. Telling a Hindu how to "be spiritual". Ugh.

I read a few comments on Molly's youtube page, and I kinda feel for her if she is indeed genuine. Even though I don't agree with her, I know how harsh those comments can feel like for a teen who has yet to callus to them.

Fuck!!! And the biggest problem is that it's on the internet. So on top of their general arrogance and stupidity in the video, they'll be "strengthened" by the fact that it went viral. Either way they'll be happy because someone will hear the "good news" and may be saved through their supposed influence; and if they get trashed, then they're being persecuted for their faith which just reinforces it more!

:banghead:

Staged or not, it just gives me less hope for the future of humanity.

She's joking. I watched some more of her videos, and it gets pretty obvious at some points. I went to her Facebook page, and couldn't see any of the info without adding her as a friend, but I checked out some of her friends: One wants to take "under God" out of the pledge of allegiance, and another is bisexual.

I'm pretty sure this makes her my new favorite comedian.