Goodbye Jesus

Song Lyrics

jdog

I was in a thrift store today, one of my fave things to do, it happened to be a christian charity store, they were playing some contemporary praise music.

I happened to listen to some of the lyrics, they didn't do a thing for me. All that self loathing and jesus praising. So I knew I was feeling myself again. I didn't get a twinge of guilt or feeling sad and missing god or jebus. I was thinking straight.

"we all deserve to die" yes they were some of the lyrics which were repeated more than once. Wow! Lyrics like these ones can play havoc with a mind like mine. :lmao:

Also a terrorist may take these lyrics as a literal invitation and act upon it!

I find sometimes I need to put on the right music and just go for a walk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Ft7LVCmDI

I'm going for a walk

not the after dinner kind

I'm gonna use my hands

and I'm gonna use my mind

and who the hell are you to tell me what to do?

you can't even tie your own haggard shoes

your closet is a mess, and your backyard's falling down

and I have no grand ideas or intentions of sticking around

I'm gonna build a world

independant and exempt

all alone I'll be an empire

with no mortgage and no rent

and I don't need to live in your stinking zoo

you can't even feed the animals donated to you

your storage sheds are ramshackled, flies decorate the walls

and you expect me to die here in this shit-filled tiny stall?

and I know you're watching! everything I do

call me threat to your children call me socially unglued

call me master of insanity, unable to relate

call me lazy, bane, and filthy

call me monstrous reprobate

I'm going for a walk and there's nothing you can do

'cuz I don't have to live like you

so I'm going for a walk

Christian lyrics annoy me to no end, which is interesting considering the fact that for years I listened almost exclusively to Christian music and used to be in a couple Christian bands and wrote Christian lyrics.

After coming to realize that Christianity is a crock, I can no longer stomach most Christian music. There is some I can still listen to (mainly the not-so-in-your-face-religious sort and instrumentals), though I don't much, and most Christian music makes me want to throw up.

Even when I was a christian I could hardly stand most christian music - some of the pop/rock stuff I thought was okay, but the gospel/church/praise stuff drove me nuts as often as not. Some of the praise I could stand, and even liked, but that was about it. I think there were two hymns I actually liked.

Nope, much happier now that I don't feel "guilty" listening to whatever I want!

I never could stand Christian pop music; it's just too corny. Usually stores don't play them all that loud, so I can just focus on perusing the inventory and forget the music.

I don't get how Christians can think that lyrics such as, "We all deserve to die," are appropriate.

Christian lyrics annoy me to no end, which is interesting considering the fact that for years I listened almost exclusively to Christian music and used to be in a couple Christian bands and wrote Christian lyrics.

After coming to realize that Christianity is a crock, I can no longer stomach most Christian music. There is some I can still listen to (mainly the not-so-in-your-face-religious sort and instrumentals), though I don't much, and most Christian music makes me want to throw up.

I was a clinical assistant professor for a medical school that taught students and residents at a Baptist Hospital that took it's religious role seriusly. The residents of the Family Practice program were thoroughly indoctrinated, and the focus of the program was "Christian Medicine"; an oxymoron if you ask me.

As I talked with the residents, I would question their beliefs, discuss metaphysical questions (and medicine, of course), and get to know them personally. They were God-soaked, and almost all listened almost exclusively to Christian music. I couldn't help but think that this was somethng that they did to keep from exposing themselves to outside ideas.

I don't get how Christians can think that lyrics such as, "We all deserve to die," are appropriate.

Well, they do all deserve to die... Ok, that was a bit 'o dark humor for those with no sarcasm filter.

I was at a church yesterday for a music lesson and passed a choir of teens doing a song about "my all for your kingdom". It wasn't that long ago that I would have been thrilled to hear this and even sing along with them, but now it gags me. I still ponder this change in me, and wonder how it is that humans so easily believe in things that are absurd and evil, all the while calling them real and good. I've seen so many permutations of belief that I don't think anything is too whacked for a whole group to follow it.

As for the lyrics, when they are inspired by verses like "Though he slay me, yet will I trust Him" the vileness of this codependent attitude absolutely has to express itself in a myriad of groveling self-destructive songs.

Well, they do all deserve to die...

Even you, Mrs. Lovett, even I.

Couldn't resist. My straight razor came in the mail yesterday and my brain's been going down that path ever since.