Goodbye Jesus

Electronic Music...

deathbyluxury

I have the urge to share some of my work here... Anyone here appreciate the sounds? I have been producing for about 8 years... I do a lot of drum and bass, downtempo, house/trance, IDM and orchestral pieces, and a lot of the stuff I can't really classify.

All of it is original MIDI composition - no premade looping. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post some up. I know a lot of people have tons of negative presuppositions about electronic music so I don't want to offend anyone's eardrums, or get any "that techno music stuff is dumb and takes no talent to make" comments. :shrug:

Sincerely,

Aaron

I would. I like ambient,IDM,EBM and such.

I have the urge to share some of my work here... Anyone here appreciate the sounds? I have been producing for about 8 years... I do a lot of drum and bass, downtempo, house/trance, IDM and orchestral pieces, and a lot of the stuff I can't really classify.

All of it is original MIDI composition - no premade looping. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post some up. I know a lot of people have tons of negative presuppositions about electronic music so I don't want to offend anyone's eardrums, or get any "that techno music stuff is dumb and takes no talent to make" comments. :shrug:

Sincerely,

Aaron

I love electronic music, ambient, chillout, house.

Sincerely,

Aaron

I have worked with midi music on an off, and even participated in contests for composing music (I hever won).

May I suggest that, if you use sound fonts that don't function cross platform, you record the song as an MP3 rather than post a midi?

Either way, I'd like to hear what you have written.

Perhaps someday I'll post some stuff I composed, but not in the near future. Any idea where to post music? Here?

Oh! No, it's not like .mid files - these will be 320k mp3s :) I plan on sorting through and picking out my faves to post here, and I'll hopefully have em up by Friday, so check back then. Glad you folks are interested!

I'd like to hear your stuff, or anyone else's from this genre.

I fool around with this sort of thing, although not a whole lot lately. People sometimes don't realize that it's a lot of work. I've spent two weeks doing just a bed track compo for a 3 minute piece using loops and midi and so on. I just love the "so close, but so far" sensation when a brilliant idea gets train-wrecked in development.

Anyway, I appreciate hearing original material; I might even post one of my own lame MP3 soundtrack/techno things.

Oh! No, it's not like .mid files - these will be 320k mp3s :) I plan on sorting through and picking out my faves to post here, and I'll hopefully have em up by Friday, so check back then. Glad you folks are interested!

I'll keep a lookout.

I fool around with this sort of thing, although not a whole lot lately. People sometimes don't realize that it's a lot of work. I've spent two weeks doing just a bed track compo for a 3 minute piece using loops and midi and so on. I just love the "so close, but so far" sensation when a brilliant idea gets train-wrecked in development.

Anyway, I appreciate hearing original material; I might even post one of my own lame MP3 soundtrack/techno things.

With a maximum single file size of 2 mb, I can't find any of my pieces that would be worth posting. Any suggestions about how to do that? Or where else to post?

With a maximum single file size of 2 mb, I can't find any of my pieces that would be worth posting. Any suggestions about how to do that? Or where else to post?

I use Mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com). Free hosting, you just sign up with an email address and it's basically unlimited (kinda unreliable though). You can upload files up to 100mb I think. :)

Ok, let's see if this works. I have uploaded some of my recordings to:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d277d55f25f36c9db64026cfc0611236e04e75f6e8ebb871

The styles vary wildly, so don't be disappointed with the first (or second, or third...) file you hear.

I can't believe I'm doing this. My songs are pitiful compared with the files I downloaded yesterday.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d277d55f25f36c9db64026cfc0611236e04e75f6e8ebb871

The styles vary wildly, so don't be disappointed with the first (or second, or third...) file you hear.

I can't believe I'm doing this. My songs are pitiful compared with the files I downloaded yesterday.

Dude, don't be like that! I love this stuff!!! It's great. Have you considered sending demo reels out to video game producers? This would make wonderful RPG music. I have always loved that sound, and have been trying to break into the VG industry for quite a while. Great tonality and composition, man. My stuff is fucking repetitive - but this is deep and complex. What program(s) do you use?

Just awesome.

Dude, don't be like that! I love this stuff!!! It's great. Have you considered sending demo reels out to video game producers? This would make wonderful RPG music. I have always loved that sound, and have been trying to break into the VG industry for quite a while. Great tonality and composition, man. My stuff is fucking repetitive - but this is deep and complex. What program(s) do you use?

Just awesome.

Well, thanks. I have no desire to publicise my work. It's just a hobby.

I use "Finale" to compose. It's like writing sheet music, but the music is translated into midi and now it has it's own Sound fonts.

The ones you listened to were mostly composed on Finale, but some were modified with Cakewalk (an old version).

Just awesome.

Well, thanks. I have no desire to publicise my work. It's just a hobby.

I use "Finale" to compose. It's like writing sheet music, but the music is translated into midi and now it has it's own Sound fonts.

The ones you listened to were mostly composed on Finale, but some were modified with Cakewalk (an old version).

Very cool. I'm still listening to it! Getting overwhelmed with some Nintendo nostalgia here. For "just a hobby", that's pretty damn good. Can you import VST instruments into Finale? If you can, I would strongly suggest getting Edirol HQ Orchestral. You'd probably get a kick out of it. It's an in-depth synth that recreates organic instruments very well... I'm addicted to it. :)

Very cool. I'm still listening to it! Getting overwhelmed with some Nintendo nostalgia here. For "just a hobby", that's pretty damn good. Can you import VST instruments into Finale? If you can, I would strongly suggest getting Edirol HQ Orchestral. You'd probably get a kick out of it. It's an in-depth synth that recreates organic instruments very well... I'm addicted to it. :)

I'll have to check into it. I note that your instruments sound a LOT better than mine, particularly the individual strings (which I didn't use because they suck so badly).