Goodbye Jesus

After Three Years

Yaoi Huntress Earth

After about three years of boycotting the local Culvers' for unjustly firing me, I started going back (their custardchinos rock). Last week I came across a former co-worker of mine who was a major fundy. She was the kind of woman who believes almost anything Pat Robertson tells her, could careless about the enviorment because "she's going to Heaven," is utterly cynical about almost everything, is bitter towards Jews, and once (with another fundy who worked there for a year) made me cry due to their own callousness.

As long as you carefully pick what you're going to say to her, you can have a decent conversation with her. After seeing her again after all those years, I've noticed how skinny she's become. I'm not talking eating disorder skinny, but the kind where you are running yourself ragged. You see, her husband (who use to be a pharmist) got ebola during a trip to Florida years ago, forcing her to leave her job as a French teacher (they didn't have health insurence) and got a job at Culvers' and another resturant to make ends meet. (She was also a big contributor to the 700 Club as a Platinum Member.) She probably got four to five hours of sleep a day with about an hour break between them. She also had to cook dinner, mow their lawn (they had a huge lawn), and care for their teenage daughter. The kicker is that some of the other workers have seen her husband and he doesn't look all the sick and can drive long distances and take his daughter out to dinner at Culvers' on Friday nights.

She told me that she "hardly ever gets any sleep" anymore. Despite her flaws, I sorta pitty her for being taken advantage of by her husband and Pat Roberson. I just wanted to get this off my chest; thanks for listening.

Goodbye Jesus

Sounds like a good place not too work at Yaoi. Can't wait for the day when we get signs out the front of every workplace saying:

"This is a secular workplace, please leave your religion at the door." or

"Religion is an occupational health hazard"

Sounds like a good place not too work at Yaoi.  Can't wait for the day when we get signs out the front of every workplace saying:

"This is a secular workplace, please leave your religion at the door." or

"Religion is an occupational health hazard"

I'm just glad I got fired before the whole 9-11 fiasco. Otherwise I would've gotten an earful of her bitching.

I'm just glad I got fired before the whole 9-11 fiasco.  Otherwise I would've gotten an earful of her bitching.

Well, it's a good thing that you haven't been around her in a while (three years).

Based on the fact that she had such a negative impact on you, (and I can understand why), it's good that you were able to get away from her and reclaim your own space.

And now when you see her, everything is so crystal clear, know what I mean?

And I think you're right, she is probably in complete denial about her own life.

Glad you got it off your chest. :grin: