Goodbye Jesus

Is Wal-Mart the Anti-Christ?

Guest Dragonblade

Guest Dragonblade

Wal-Mart...you either love it or hate it. What started out as a pretty good idea has grown like a cancer to kill, maim, and otherwise destroy each community it infiltrates. Squashing the competion, use of child labor, low wages and unfair treatment of employees is just part of the "Wal-Mart way. Always"

And they're not just a department store anymore, ohhh nooo; delicatessen, bakery, garden center, automotive center, vision center complete with optometrist and glasses made while you wait, and the latest addition a financial center. Hell, all they need now is laundry service and their own ob/gyn center and the city limits sign can be posted on each end of the building. My fiance was telling me that she saw tonight that Wal-Mart in Europe is going to start offering a matching/dating service! (I hope this is some sort of fucked up joke.)

I went in tonight after work to buy a pack of chewing gum. Well, wouldn't you know it they stopped carrying my favorite brand. No news there, right? Every time I find something I like they quit carrying it. Not only that but you have to bag your own groceries these days. In addition to that the only checkouts open late at night are the self-checkout. Ahhh, I remember the good ol' days when a real person baged your stuff, in paper if you wanted it, and some guy needing some summer cash to fix up his car would wheel the buggy out and unload it for you.

While I was standing there checking myself out, trying not to look like a complete ignorant dumbass, it started me thinking about how everything now is electronic and the supposedly coming of electronic money we've all heard about for years.

Without that barcode, and it being correctly in the system, you can't "buy or sell" any damn thing. And with identity theft on the rise wouldn't it be a smart idea to just put some sort of personal code or mark on the person him/herself? Wow, think how useful that would be ladies and gentlemen. Step right up. I think you can see where I'm going here with this.

So a question: do you think we're all in for a personal, albeit invisible to the eye, barcode? I don't think even Nostradamus saw this shit coming. If so, when do you think it will be here?

You know, I never did get my gum.

Any corporate entity of that size is dangerous because they lose their humanity once they reach a certain size. And any compasion or caring is out the window because profit is the only word they understand.

I personally shop at Target. It's closer & more convenient. And they have decent sushi.

I personally shop at Target.  It's closer & more convenient.  And they have decent sushi.

Target has sushi?

That just seems wrong man.

It's the Super Target with the grocery store, not the regular one. They have one of those chain brands of sushi you see in other grocery stores like Byerlys.

Y'all do know that anyone that shops at Wal-Mart can't be saved right?

I, too, shop at Target.

We don't have a SuperTarget around here, but that's okay, I prefer to do my grocery shopping at Trader Joe's.

I stopped shopping at Wal-Mart after reading about them on Planned Parenthood's site concerning filling birth control prescriptions.

Plus, any store that contributes to that much urban blight deserves to go under. I don't see nearly as many Targets as I do Wal-Marts.

Target has Pizza Hut and Satrbucks coffee too. Although I will be working there starting Thursday. (For supplemental income, I have another job as well.)

Man, have I been waiting for someone to start a Wal-Mart thread on this damn forum. I hate that fucking store and I wish people would quit shopping there. I have a strong lead idea that someone in the higher ups or Wal-Mart's CEO is a member or friend of the Bush family. It would certainly explain the rapid growth and unabashed avoidance of Wal-Marts ability to avoid a major government investigation of their backward and unethical business practices IMHO. :vent::phew:

So a question: do you think we're all in for a personal, albeit invisible to the eye, barcode? I don't think even Nostradamus saw this shit coming. If so, when do you think it will be here?

it is close. but this is old news. Check this link right here to see what I am talking about....

Scary stuff! :twitch:

Guest Dragonblade
So a question: do you think we're all in for a personal' date=' albeit invisible to the eye, barcode? I don't think even Nostradamus saw this shit coming. If so, when do you think it will be here?[/quote']

it is close. but this is old news. Check this link right here to see what I am talking about....

Scary stuff! :twitch:

You're right, this is some scary shit. Thanks for sharing the link. So far as it stays at a voluntary level it seems to be a good idea, especially for people with alzheimers, or heart patients, and maybe even lost children (although there's some major debating about that one). But I think it should be mandatory for certain prisoners such as rapists and pedophiles. As far as I'm concerned when a person does certain crimes they have foregone any "rights" they may have had.

Guest Dragonblade

:lmao:

That is just too damn funny! Hmmm, since we're all on the bus to Hell anyway, I guess the best we can hope for is a good seat.

:fdevil:

But you can be an ex-Walmart shopper. ;)

The very few times I go into Wal-Mart, it's usually because I only need ONE DAMN THING!!

The 10 item or less lane is never open. And I think having "special needs" employees is a nice idea and all.......but keep these people away from the cash registers! Or at least be rational about utilizing them as checkout clerks.

25 checkouts.....seven of them open and in use.....5 being manned by special needs employees. I want to make my purchase sometime this decade! I don't think buying one tube of lipstick should end up being the most time-consuming activity of a single day!

Friend- "What did you do today?"

Me- "Oh I bought a tube of lipstick."

Friend- "Gee, that's exciting (sarcasm). What else did you do today silly?"

Me- "Actually that's all I had time for......I went to Wal-Mart."

Friend- "OH! You poor thing! Why didn't you say so? Sit down, I'll get you some cocoa."

I really loved South Park's Walmart aimed episode.

We don't have a Target where I live. In fact, Walmart ran K-Mart completely out of town.

I want to stop shopping there but their prices are way cheaper than our local chains.  Example....When you're on a budget and your kids drink a lot of milk; Walmart is like $3.49 a gallon and our local stores are $.80-$1.00 more expensive and that is using the stupid-ass discount shopper card.  I can't afford not to shop at Walmart.  However, I go elsewhere for fruits and veggies quite often because Walmarts are nasty.

Once Wal-mart puts the locals out of business you will be in for a bit of a price shock. Not that you can do much about it really. People have to stay away from Wal-Mart in droves.

By the by, Target is not a great deal better than Wal-Mart. It is still a big box put mom and pop out of business business.

I just love the way Americans rush in to cut their own throats! Well it's probably too late anyway.

It's the Super Target with the grocery store, not the regular one.  They have one of those chain brands of sushi you see in other grocery stores like Byerlys.

Bloody hell...

We don't even have Target up here.

The very few times I go into Wal-Mart, it's usually because I only need ONE DAMN THING!!

The 10 item or less lane is never open. And I think having "special needs" employees is a nice idea and all.......but keep these people away from the cash registers! Or at least be rational about utilizing them as checkout clerks.

And how. We do try & avoid it as much as possible. Though there is that damn thing about the prices being better & all.

Not necessarily special needs. Though I do think the majority of Wal-Mart employees have I.Q.'s under 100. You kinda have to to work in a heap like that.

For those who are up the brain chain, the only reason they work there is because of some complex or other that keeps their self-esteem degraded to the point that they don't think they're worthy of a better job.

Two years ago a Wal-Mart was built about 6 miles from me here in New Hampshire. It was touted as the largest Wal-Mart in the country (they exceeded the previous mark by just two-square feet). I am sure by now some other city now has the recognition as having the largest one.

Well anyway, after 24 months of operation, I am happy to announce that I have NEVER seen the inside of that store. In the last 5 years I have only shopped once in a Wal-Mart; our basement was flooded and I needed some rubber boots fast. Even now I regret handing over that $13 dollars to them. And yes, I stood in line forever to get that one item.

The last time I stepped into a Walmart, someone's kid had an accident on the floor. There was an abandoned cart with toys next to the poop, as if the mother had left in a hurry (heck, I would have). In addition, that Walmart had dim lighting inside as well as outside, which was a bit creepy. So I plan to avoid Walmart for a long time, preferably the rest of my life.

I don't see the problem...The Real Canadian Superstore has much of what was stated in the OP, including a gas station!

OH MY! This world's gone to the dogs!

Big corps are dehumanized, but it's interesting how we (try to) punish those who succeed admirably....

Where I live I have Walmart to shop at period. I am in support of workers rights and until they unionize (by force most likely) I won't work for them. But, when you are limited in choices like you are where I live at the moment, its Walmart or nothing.