Goodbye Jesus

The don't F*ck with me vibe

Eponymic

My father just died on the 19th and I was worried about being around all of my mom's relatives as well as my own family, all of whom are religious fundies to one extent or the other. I wasn't about to make some scene at my dad's funeral, and luckily no one other than an uncle and aunt who head a religious cult compound in S.C. really bothered me. In fact, I delivered the eulogy on behalf of my family since my dad had not attended church in 25 years and the preacher who did the funeral had never even met him.

In general, anyone who has ever attempted debating me avoids religious discussion like the plague. I don't coddle Xtians, unlike a lot of professed atheists - many on this site. I have no fear of fallout or ostracizing.

BTW, this site has been the biggest help for me in the form of knowledge and 'ammunition' for discussions with fundies and xtians.

I am going to post separately about the horrible things the jack-ass fundie preacher said at my dad's funeral .... when some more time has passed.

Now, if I could get something like Windex in a pepper spray dispenser...well, I know what happens when you get Windex in your eyes, it burns like a son of a bitch!

There must be little bottles of perfume you could put it into, if you emptied out the previous contents, or something that would essentially do the same thing, and wouldn't get you into trouble.

There must be little bottles of perfume you could put it into, if you emptied out the previous contents, or something that would essentially do the same thing, and wouldn't get you into trouble.

I used to carry a little baggie of mixed spices with me back in high school. Some of the ingredients were:

Salt

Black Pepper

Curry Powder

Garlic powder

Chili powder

The principle of the plastic baggie was to rip it open and sling the contents into someone's eyes. And the powdered mix actually smelled good enough from a foot or two away (a long sniff burned the nose), I probably could have used it to season my food (which was the alibi for the baggie).

I was young when I put it together.....but I think it could have worked.

Guest Challenger

Just carry a small can of hair spray. Perfectly legal.

(Mrs. K)

One word, and that will explain it all.

California.

Say no more. I live here too.

Eye Caramba (sp?)

I wonder - do you have to have a permit if you conceal the spray, or just to carry it period? Usually, it's the former. (Like a gun - if it's out in the open no permit is required)

One word, and that will explain it all.

California.

'Nuff said.

Question for Californians:

How difficult are your gun laws? After a few incidents in my life, I'm quite the believer in concealed weapons. (Latest incident: a streak of 9 robberies and over half a million dollars lost was stopped when a guy carrying a concealed weapon was present when the last robbery happened in my community)

I've been told horror stories about CA cops harrassing people with concealed weapons permits. Is any of it true?

Especially since I've had friends (Ex-Gang) who had relatives killed in SoCal, I don't think I'd be caught outside of daylight times w/o a gun in SoCal.

Question for Californians:

How difficult are your gun laws? After a few incidents in my life, I'm quite the believer in concealed weapons. (Latest incident: a streak of 9 robberies and over half a million dollars lost was stopped when a guy carrying a concealed weapon was present when the last robbery happened in my community)

I've been told horror stories about CA cops harrassing people with concealed weapons permits. Is any of it true?

Especially since I've had friends (Ex-Gang) who had relatives killed in SoCal, I don't think I'd be caught outside of daylight times w/o a gun in SoCal.

I, too, am a big believer in the right to carry concealed with the proper permit. I'm originally from Kentucky, and back home, we have concealed carry permits. You have to go through a screening process (not something I have a problem with), and a qualifying test, and then you get your CCW.

In California? I've never HEARD of anyone who has a concealed carry permit. I'm serious, I've been here for nearly seven years, and I've NEVER heard of one.

Now, I do know that the police out here don't take kindly to finding a gun of any kind in your vehicle...unless your weapon is broken down in a case because you've been target shooting. They don't like finding weapons, especially loaded weapons, in your possession.

Gun laws here really suck if you're a law-abiding citizen.