Goodbye Jesus

Edl (English Defense League) Takes Up Arms (Not To Mention Others)

Mriana

Now, I realize what some may say- this video below under the B5 quote is propaganda. It might be, but maybe not, the EDL is obviously Xian. I realize there are Xians here on the board who may give me flack over this and act like ferocious lions ready to have lunch. I also know there are Xians, here in the U.S., raising children to be religious soldiers, just like the Muslims. So this one could go in either place, technically (Esp since we don't see them come out of the Lion's Den and go to the Rant section), except I'm challenging the religious (of both groups) to rethink their agenda, as much as I maybe putting myself out there for "crucifixion". Even so, it is worth Xians and even some Muslims, to see my rant, esp if it gets them to think and see reality. Can't bring Mohammad/Jesus to the mountain? Just have Hanuman bring the mountain to them and drop it on their heads. Maybe that will knock some sense into Mo and Jesus. (skip to the "Bottom line" at the bottom, if you don't wish to read my rant and/or view the video too)

"No boom today, boom tomorrow, there is always a boom" ~ Ivanna from B5. IMHO, the god both Xian and Muslim extremists seek is a nuke. The only thing coming from the clouds will be a nuke. The question is, between the two, how do we stop it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKgK-0HwN30&feature=player_embedded#t=308

IF Xians and Muslims continue to raise soldiers for their own religious purposes, what we will see is another Crusade, which is very apparent in the opening of this video, because they use pics from the past- thus why I assume they are Xian extremists. The clash between the two extremists could and will be quite devastating. There is no God going to descend from the clouds, except in the form of a nuke and there will be no story book Rapture either. Many Xian and Muslim extremists, along with others they kill, will not even realize this after it happens... They'll be dead and there won't be any resurrection of the dead either. Just dead people.

Think I'm kidding and just plain wacked? Maybe, but think about it. What happens when two opposing and violent extremist groups clash, esp those being trained to fight a religious war that should never be to begin with. Oi vey! Don't think it could happen? History has a tendency to repeat itself and it seems to get worse every time history is repeated. It is not prophesy, but only words written by humans that they take to heart and keep making the same mistakes over and over again, not realizing that they have the power to stop it. Here's my prophesy- if people keep wishing and desiring for some stupid "Rapture" in which their messiah/prophet returns... Oh yes, they will see it descend from the clouds alright and that deity (or what have you) will be a nuke. Meet the god you worship so much and you thought it was in your image. HA! Humans created it all the way around and that is the reality of it all. So, put that in your "Lion's Den".

So, the only way I can see to stop such tragedy from happening, is to attempt to get the radicals of both groups to see the reality of what they are doing. They can keep their god concept if they want, for all I care, but back off from war-like agendas, before WW III happens. Of course, these extremists won't call it WW III. It will be "I'ma Geddon out a here!" (AKA Armageddon) In their eyes at least.

Bottom line: Revelation, Armageddon, Rapture, etc is NOT prophesy. It's craziness. It is delusionally taking a popular literary work of it's time and attempting to make it real. You can't make it real anymore than I can make Star Trek real- as much as I would love to make Star Trek real that is. The thing is, I would rather see humans strive to make a Star Trek-like universe come true, than loons make a violent religious story book come true. Oh and BTW, there is a whole slew of Apocalyptic literature written around the same time that Revelation, attributed to John, was written. So, it is indeed a work of literature, written and inspired by humans, not a deity, and full of allegory, metaphor, simile, symbolism, and other literary tools, as well as rewritten mythology. Don't ask me to describe what the Quran is, except it is basically the same thing. However, it can be a very dangerous thing to take fiction way too seriously.

You're trying to reason with raving lunatics. We should just build ourselves bomb shelters and let them fight it out and destroy each other.

Those bomb shelters better protect against radiation poisoning, esp at ground zero, wherever that might be.

Reason with loons. That I am. Sounds mad, I admit, but maybe, just maybe, it is possible to get through to some of them. I can hope. The rest... well we can start fulfilling their fears, label them as terrorists, and put them in insane asylums. I mean, mental health hospitals. A shot of haldol and/or a sedative should calm them. :lol: I'm not serious about the last two sentences, although... Nah, it's entirely unethical.

Those bomb shelters better protect against radiation poisoning, esp at ground zero, wherever that might be.

Reason with loons. That I am. Sounds mad, I admit, but maybe, just maybe, it is possible to get through to some of them. I can hope. The rest... well we can start fulfilling their fears, label them as terrorists, and put them in insane asylums. I mean, mental health hospitals. A shot of haldol and/or a sedative should calm them. :lol: I'm not serious about the last two sentences, although... Nah, it's entirely unethical.

Perhaps it's time for everyone to take their Soma.

:lol: I like that idea! Shyone, you're in charge of dispensing the Soma to all the patients.

:lol: I like that idea! Shyone, you're in charge of dispensing the Soma to all the patients.

We'll have to bring back some of these quotes to make the stuff popular:

"There's always soma to calm your anger, to reconcile you to your enemies, to make you patient and long-suffering. In the past you could only accomplish these things by making a great effort and after years of hard moral training. Now, you swallow two or three half-gramme tablets, and there you are. Anybody can be virtuous now. You can carry at least half your morality about in a bottle. Christianity without tears-that's what soma is."

"All of the advantages of Christianity and alcohol; none of their defects."

"A gramme is better than a damn."

"And if anything should go wrong, there's soma."

- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Nice quotes, but will it keep them calm so they don't make the place go BOOM? Secondly, where are you going to find Soma?

I think it's accurate to say that Revelation is not a prophesy, but an invitation to make it happen.

The idea of the Apocalypse being a self-fulfilling prophesy first crossed My mind in the late '80s when a friend and I were co-writing a novel on the subject. I've been worrying and wondering about it ever since.

I think the only answer to the problem is to continue slapping down the mythologists with public ridicule, to erode their power base and eventually render them politically impotent.

I think it's accurate to say that Revelation is not a prophesy, but an invitation to make it happen.

The idea of the Apocalypse being a self-fulfilling prophesy first crossed My mind in the late '80s when a friend and I were co-writing a novel on the subject. I've been worrying and wondering about it ever since.

I think the only answer to the problem is to continue slapping down the mythologists with public ridicule, to erode their power base and eventually render them politically impotent.

Slap down those who study mythology? I'm not sure we are speaking the same language with that one. Maybe the more appropriate wording is to slap down the Fundamngelicals who believe in such things like the Rapture and are wanting to make it happen.

Slap down those who study mythology? I'm not sure we are speaking the same language with that one. Maybe the more appropriate wording is to slap down the Fundamngelicals who believe in such things like the Rapture and are wanting to make it happen.

Good call, Mriana... Bad choice of words on My part. We need to come up with a snappy generic term for all varieties of End-Of-The-Worlders, because they don't just infect Christianity. Apparently Islam has eschatological drivel in their mythology, too.

Nice quotes, but will it keep them calm so they don't make the place go BOOM? Secondly, where are you going to find Soma?

Sadly, even if there were a drug like Soma, the people that need it wouldn't take it.

I suppose mixing Ecstasy and Paxil might make Soma...

Good call, Mriana... Bad choice of words on My part. We need to come up with a snappy generic term for all varieties of End-Of-The-Worlders, because they don't just infect Christianity. Apparently Islam has eschatological drivel in their mythology, too.

The "I'ma Geddon Outa heres". Too much to type? "Geddon Outers?" Oo! How about this? Nuke worshipers.

Yes, Islam is a bastardization of the other two Abrahamic religions, derived from slaves (Ishmael and his mother, Hagar), and then finally an illiterate man comes along and has someone write down a bastardization of the Bible- thus yet another version of "Armageddon", and calls his book the Quran. They are the bastard children of Jehovah- a phrase I heard from a Gnostic friend. Not a bad description given the origins of Islam and their book was written around 500 A.D., thus the story of Isaac came first- showing that Sarah was married to Abraham and Hagar was nothing more than a servant, making Isaac legit because he was not born of a slave and Ishmael is a bastard child. Yes, yes. I know Muslims would not look too kindly on that description, but given the Torah came first, it's the truth.

Ah, but that is another rant entirely and one I can probably never win (except have two groups- the Jews and Xians, on my side with the argument), unlike this one concerning popular literature of its time and not prophesy. The odds aren't looking so good for the second rant, but the odds are favourable for my original post in this thread. Still might get my head cut off for it, but hey, it just makes them look bad.

Sadly, even if there were a drug like Soma, the people that need it wouldn't take it.

I suppose mixing Ecstasy and Paxil might make Soma...

This is true, thus why I asked where are you going to find Soma. Humm... Ecstasy and Paxil? Why not Quaaludes and Prozac? Oh my! We are dangerous. No wonder it takes so long for any fish to respond to what I post, if at all. The fish don't want to bite because 1. Not food they can digest easily and 2. we are frightening lol Have we sufficiently told them the idea of the Rapture is a myth and Revelation is just literature? Or shall we tell them again?

Mriana, I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone has to die of something and death by crazed religionist probably isn't any worse than death by cancer. I read that 99% of species that ever lived have gone extinct. There is no reason to suppose that our species is special in that regard.

Mriana, I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone has to die of something and death by crazed religionist probably isn't any worse than death by cancer. I read that 99% of species that ever lived have gone extinct. There is no reason to suppose that our species is special in that regard.

That's really comforting Chef. Thanks for that.

:vent:

I feel better now.

I don't think that means we have to allow other humans to kill us or cause our extinction. I rather take my chances with nature, as I try to knock some sense into some of these people.

You are certainly welcome.

I forgot to mention that the sun will eventually start to burn out and will swallow the earth and that we will probably never be able to build a ship fast enough to get to another star before its crew dies of radiation poisoning. And even if we can, the universe will eventually dissipate into nothing.

You are all doomed, now go out and have fun while you have the chance.

I don't think that means we have to allow other humans to kill us or cause our extinction. I rather take my chances with nature, as I try to knock some sense into some of these people.

Oh sure, that's part of the fun. Just don't take it seriously, like I used to. It makes for a miserable life.

My wife once told me I made love like the fate of the free world depended upon the outcome. Talk about killing fun, eh?

Oh sure, that's part of the fun. Just don't take it seriously, like I used to. It makes for a miserable life.

My wife once told me I made love like the fate of the free world depended upon the outcome. Talk about killing fun, eh?

Well that's better than a bull in a China shop.