Goodbye Jesus

The Sky Kingdom

Brother Jeff

Where exactly is the Sky Kingdom located? Yeah, I know, the answer seems obvious! The Sky Kingdom is up there in the SKY, dumbass! :Doh: But, I've been thinking about this lately. When I was a Christian, I believed that I was headed for Heaven when I died, but I never really thought about where that actually was. It was just always some nebulous other dimension or something. Know what I mean? So, although the Bible clearly locates Heaven up in the Sky, where did you believe Heaven was located when you were a believer? Did you ever really think about it? Any particular reason(s) for your beliefs?

In retrospect, after being a nonbeliever for over five years now, it seems strange to me that I never pondered the location of Heaven - the place I expected to go to live FOREVER - much at all really. :shrug:

Christians, where do you believe that Heaven is located? Ever given it much thought?

Where exactly is the Sky Kingdom located? Yeah, I know, the answer seems obvious! The Sky Kingdom is up there in the SKY, dumbass!  :Doh: But, I've been thinking about this lately. When I was a Christian, I believed that I was headed for Heaven when I died, but I never really thought about where that actually was. It was just always some nebulous other dimension or something. Know what I mean? So, although the Bible clearly locates Heaven up in the Sky, where did you believe Heaven was located when you were a believer? Did you ever really think about it? Any particular reason(s) for your beliefs?

In retrospect, after being a nonbeliever for over five years now, it seems strange to me that I never pondered the location of Heaven - the place I expected to go to live FOREVER - much at all really.  :shrug:

Christians, where do you believe that Heaven is located? Ever given it much thought?

Literalists have got to be the stupidest people alive...or just amazingly obtuse.

I've always found the concept that heaven exists solely in the hearts of each person to be a rather poetic and romantic view of things. It's a statement that if we wish to achieve paradise, we must love ourselves. It's a simple, common sense statement that anyone could figure out if they thought about it for a minute. Then again, I was never a Christian.

The concept of an actual heaven is an impossibility.

Christians, where do you believe that Heaven is located?

Ever given it much thought?

Brother Jeff, you should know better than this. :mellow::Hmm::mellow:

:HaHa:

Brother Jeff, you should know better than this.

Yeah. True. Silly me, expecting Christians to think about their beliefs... :HaHa:

Where exactly is the Sky Kingdom located? Yeah, I know, the answer seems obvious! The Sky Kingdom is up there in the SKY, dumbass!  :Doh: But, I've been thinking about this lately. When I was a Christian, I believed that I was headed for Heaven when I died, but I never really thought about where that actually was. It was just always some nebulous other dimension or something. Know what I mean? So, although the Bible clearly locates Heaven up in the Sky, where did you believe Heaven was located when you were a believer? Did you ever really think about it? Any particular reason(s) for your beliefs?

In retrospect, after being a nonbeliever for over five years now, it seems strange to me that I never pondered the location of Heaven - the place I expected to go to live FOREVER - much at all really.  :shrug:

I hear a lot of people all saying they will be WITH Jesus forever, Up in Heaven... or at his feet ?? or something....

How MANY 'people' or spirits can be WITH Jesus forever, AT the same time, or at his feet? He only has 2 feet, right? Not 99999 billion?

Hey, jesus is god...he can make his feet...and his ass...big enough for the 144,000 getting into heaven to kiss.

I voted for the last option.

I used to believe, that the Kingdom was made of some spiritual material invisible to the human eye. Just like God, Jesus and the demons. :twitch:

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that Heaven is somewhere up-there for discussion purposes. Then, I like to ask them, how could a human body would survive in the vacuum of space, much less the accleration required to break Earth's gravity.

Answer : Magic.

I can ignore them from there.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that Heaven is somewhere up-there for discussion purposes. Then, I like to ask them, how could a human body would survive in the vacuum of space, much less the accleration required to break Earth's gravity.

Answer : Magic.

I can ignore them from there.

O, but Kryasst had a gloriously Divine, Magically Undeadened and transformed body!

Yeah, I've thought about that stuff too. Did the Lord give the disciples a cheap thrill when He blasted off? "Look! It's the Lord's Nads! Glory!" Did the wind blow His clothes off? How did He manage not to pass out in the thin upper atmosphere? Why didn't His body explode in outer space? If He froze to death either while flying or once he got into space, could He Magically Undeaden Himself again?

The whole Ascension thing is absurd and HILARIOUS!! Glory!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

The whole Ascension thing is absurd and HILARIOUS!! Glory!

It's so damn absurd. I can't believe people actually fall for this stuff. I really can't. Even as a child, I was yeah, right.

But heck, if you'll accept someone can walk on water, you'll sucker yourself for anything.

I can't believe people actually fall for this stuff. I really can't.

I can't either now, but I understand now that people willingly (if subconsciously, perhaps) suspend rationality and common sense when it comes to religious claims that they want to believe or must believe in order to be "saved". Things that they wouldn't ever believe normally because they are irrational/absurd they will believe without question if it's a part of their religion. I think it's a fascinating part of the psychology of religious belief.

I can't either now, but I understand now that people willingly (if subconsciously, perhaps) suspend rationality and common sense when it comes to religious claims that they want to believe or must believe in order to be "saved". Things that they wouldn't ever believe normally because they are irrational/absurd they will believe without question if it's a part of their religion. I think it's a fascinating part of the psychology of religious belief.

The suspension of disbelief is crucial, or another way to put it "faith". I became an ex/un/christian a long long time ago. I remember sitting in my 7th grade Langauge Arts class discussing fiction and the concept of suspension of disbelief. I was like, bingo! that's the Bible, oh an Danielle Finger was cute.

Click! Part of the puzzle solved.

As a child, I thought heaven was up, and hell was down. Even as an adult (cringe), I still thought of god as being 'up'. If you tried to corner me, I would have said 'it is separate from nature, so it is kind of like another dimension', but then I'd still look up whenever I prayed.

Go to just about any church and you will see people raising their hands up and looking up. Why do they do this? It's obviously tradition passed down from ancient times when stars were believed to be deities and people worshiped the sun, moon, etc.

Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

Then he said to his disciples, "The time is coming when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you will not see it. Men will tell you, 'There he is!' or 'Here he is!' Do not go running off after them. For the Son of Man in his day will be like the lightning, which flashes and lights up the sky from one end to the other. But first he must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.

-Luke 17:20-25 (NIV)

Probably yet another reason jesus got the boot from his generation, he preached a coming spiritual kingdom, instead of the expected earthly one. Funny how the fundy christians these days also expect a coming earthly kingdom too. :Doh: