Goodbye Jesus

I Need Help

No More

Guest I Love Dog

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my call for help, I Love Dog. I appreciate your thoughts, but to me, there is more to life and death than meets they eye. As long as a person is at peace with what they believe, it's okay for the time being. We have a long journey of unfolding, both behind and ahead of us.

P.S. I love my dog, too! :grin:

I left Christianity and after exploring many faith traditions and I am very confused. I have come to the point that I do not know what is true. It has become such an obsession to determine the Truth that I feel emotionally sick. Has anyone else here had the same experience? I would really appreciate your advice and encouragement!

Fistly, congratulations on leaving Christianity. That is a major and an important first step.

I, too, looked for the truth. All you will ever find is someone else's truth. Your "truth" is inside you, your belief must be your own. Research, look at evidence. I could never find any evidence of any god or gods. All religions, as far as I could see, were invented by humans seeking power, money or selfish satisfaction.

The truth, to me, is that humans are just another life form on this planet. They are not special, but are, in fact, just about the nastiest animal on this planet, the way that they destroy each other, exploit each other and other animals in pursuit of personal wealth and greed, the way they destroy their environment, causing the extinction of other life forms. They have little respect for each other, being racist, discriminatory, judgemental, etc.

We are born, we live, we die and our remains decompose and our elements are taken up by other life forms to be re-cycled. This is the way that life has always been on planet Earth. There is no mysticism, or spirits or souls. Just life and death.

The Christian god Yahweh - invented by gypsy nomads, to frighten the life out of their enemies and non-believers by being invisible and silent but with a reputation for being ferocious, vengeful and capable of bloody mass destruction.

I'm so glad you love a dog, too! They are great company.

With belief, that's why I say that your belief must be your own. I quoted my belief, not to appear dogmatic or to persuade you, but just to let you know that I found my belief.

I'm almost at the tail end of my journey and although I left Christianity at a young age(12) I have always researched beliefs and histories of religions. I have been an atheist for almost a lifetime and enjoy reading of the beliefs of others, even though they may be different to mine.

Go in peace and discover your personal belief.

Peace to you, too. I have experienced hostility from some atheists, but you have been gentle and kind. Thank you so much. It makes discovery much easier.

Go in peace and discover your personal belief.

Then this moring I had a breakthrough, realizing that the consciousness with which I am conscious is the The Eternal One for Whom I had longed. Now I feel inner peace. Before, teachers had said that, but today I suddenly realized it as my truth. My truth - that is such a joy!

:thanks:

Well, No More, I think that is wonderful!

I agree.

No More, that is indeed wonderful!

Thank you! Yes, it is wonderful!

Then this moring I had a breakthrough, realizing that the consciousness with which I am conscious is the The Eternal One for Whom I had longed. Now I feel inner peace. Before, teachers had said that, but today I suddenly realized it as my truth. My truth - that is such a joy!

:thanks:

Well, No More, I think that is wonderful!

I agree.

No More, that is indeed wonderful!