Goodbye Jesus

After watching 'Flatliners' movie

Poonis

Having watched the movie 'Flatliners', I started thinking about religions, and particularily about Christianity.

Although I most likely will not get the chance, I want to experience an intentional death such as depicted in Flatliners, by way of ceasing all vital signs clinically for a determined time, and then be recuscitated.

And I would love to do this in the presence of a Christian, and then ask him or her what it is that I experienced, after being recuscitated. If they could not correctly describe what I experienced, or simply said "I don't know", I suspect this would seriously undermine their entire belief-system, as they would be forced to admit that they are either wrong and that Christianity is incorrect about what teaches, or they themselves are simply ignorant about that which they profess. No longer could they play the 'fear of death' card, as I would show them I am truly not afraid of death, but the act of watching someone undergo such a process would probably frighten them to a high degree.

Any thoughts?

Although I most likely will not get the chance, I want to experience an intentional death such as depicted in Flatliners, by way of ceasing all vital signs clinically for a determined time, and then be recuscitated.

There is another technique available-and you don't have to die first. It's called OBE, Out of Body Experience, and Astral Travel. Practice certain techniques and certain results follow. Once you have an Out of Body Experience you can judge for yourself. Belief is not required. OBE and Lucid Dreaming are two different experiences. I know because I have done both.

There is another technique available-and you don't have to die first.  It's called OBE, Out of Body Experience, and Astral Travel. 

But an OBE does not necessarily involve clinical death, which was the point I think.

There is another technique available-and you don't have to die first.  It's called OBE, Out of Body Experience, and Astral Travel.  Practice certain techniques and certain results follow.  Once you have an Out of Body Experience you can judge for yourself.  Belief is not required.  OBE and Lucid Dreaming are two different experiences.  I know because I have done both.

Cool!! Would you be willing to start a thread so we can talk about this more? Or I can start if you like......

I'd like more info on this stuff and to talk to people that have DONE it.

Thanks!

Interesting idea, but the reality is that if anything happened to you at all and the events contradicted Christian beliefs, the Christian would interpret your experience as a deception of the Talking Snake. His beliefs wouldn't be shaken or changed at all. In the Christian's mind, you would be playing with the Snake anyway since your experiment would be "tempting the Holy Farter" and "messing with the Talking Snake's kingdom".

I think this sort of experiment would frighten anyone, regardless of their beliefs. Watching someone intentionally Croak in the Spook with plans to hopefully Magically Undeaden themselves a short time later just for the sake of an experiment would sure raise my fear and anxiety levels!

Flatliners was a great movie. I haven't seen it in a long time, but I loved it.

Poonis,

Yeah, it would be neat. I would worry though that for some reason, they would not be able to bring me back......YIKES!!

What is the safest length of time to be "out" before it's dangerous?

I wonder if there is such a place that does this...some lab somewhere out there?

Anyhoo....I like to read the stories of people that have gone through this experience and I loved that movie too. :grin:

Christian's mind

Wow, isn't that an aximoron? :scratch::twitch:

Interesting idea, but the reality is that if anything happened to you at all and the events contradicted Christian beliefs, the Christian would interpret your experience as a deception of the Talking Snake. His beliefs wouldn't be shaken or changed at all. In the Christian's mind, you would be playing with the Snake anyway since your experiment would be "tempting the Holy Farter" and "messing with the Talking Snake's kingdom".

Flatliners was a great movie. I haven't seen it in a long time, but I loved it.

Brother Jeff (LOL cracks me up saying that anyways..) I agree completely, No matter what your experience was, if it didn't mirror what they believe it will be like, they will attribute it to your lack of faith, Love of God, being deceived et al.

I already have an extreme fear of death, and would never participate even as a viewer to this. Freaks me out to much. :eek:

There is another technique available-and you don't have to die first.  It's called OBE, Out of Body Experience, and Astral Travel.  Practice certain techniques and certain results follow.  Once you have an Out of Body Experience you can judge for yourself.  Belief is not required.  OBE and Lucid Dreaming are two different experiences.  I know because I have done both.

How did you have an out-of-body experience? Was this a fully conscious experience? For example, did you know you were outside of your body? Please elaborate...

edit: To the original poster, Poonis, I want to add that I seriously doubt anything you try to prove to the Christians will ever change their minds. They are too dogmatic and set in their beliefs, and there's always the god of the gaps.

Flatliners was a good movie, but I'd rather not have to die for the experience.

Cool!! Would you be willing to start a thread so we can talk about this more? Or I can start if you like......

Thanks!

Achieving an OBE requires daily practice. Anyone with the desire who is willing to practice the technique can achieve results. It took me six months, one hour a day, to experience my first OBE. Don't believe me, practice the techniques and judge for yourself.

Flatliners was a good movie, but I'd rather not have to die for the experience.

Thanks!

Achieving an OBE requires daily practice.  Anyone with the desire who is willing to practice the technique can achieve results.  It took me six months, one hour a day, to experience my first OBE.  Don't believe me, practice the techniques and judge for yourself.

Ok, I will start a thread, for I am merely teh n00b. I will come back to this post and edit it with the link. BRB

edit: okay, I started a new topic here. I hope I posted in the right forum. Hehe :shrug:

Don't believe me, practice the techniques and judge for yourself.

Go ahead'n post'em. :mellow:

What do you consider dead? Sure, putting yourself in cardiac arrest is technically dead but your brain will continue to function for four or five minutes before it dies off from lack of oxygenated blood. Until the brain dies it is merely running along on it's own and parts of it are dying off as it uses up the available oxygen. Not really brain dead and I am pretty sure that it will still show some level of brainwave activity.

All the experiment would prove is what happens AS you are dying and not what happens when you are dead. People who talk about seeing god during near death experiences haven't been near brain death. If they had been they wouldn't be alive or they would be a vegetable now.

What do you consider dead?  Sure, putting yourself in cardiac arrest is technically dead but your brain will continue to function for four or five minutes before it dies off from lack of oxygenated blood.  Until the brain dies it is merely running along on it's own and parts of it are dying off as it uses up the available oxygen.  Not really brain dead and I am pretty sure that it will still show some level of brainwave activity. 

All the experiment would prove is what happens AS you are dying and not what happens when you are dead.  People who talk about seeing god during near death experiences haven't been near brain death.  If they had been they wouldn't be alive or they would be a vegetable now.

Exactly what I wrote:

...by way of ceasing all vital signs clinically...

I suspect you would get a faith based, cop out answer. When I was a xtian I would have said that you hadn't experienced true death. Your vital signs may have flat lined medically but your soul did not depart.

The only ones this argument would work on are the ones that are strong believers in NDEs. Even they would squirm out of it I think.

Exactly what I wrote:

...by way of ceasing all vital signs clinically...

if all activity stops, including brainwave activity, you aren't coming back

they did in the movie!...... :shrug:

The point I was trying to make is, whether or not it is possible, I am willing to try it.

Wow, isn't that an aximoron?  :scratch:   :twitch:

You crack me UP! :lmao:

There is another technique available-and you don't have to die first. It's called OBE, Out of Body Experience, and Astral Travel. Practice certain techniques and certain results follow. Once you have an Out of Body Experience you can judge for yourself. Belief is not required. OBE and Lucid Dreaming are two different experiences. I know because I have done both.

I think "out of body experiences" are bullshit. I mean, really. How can you experience something apart from your body? Its where the sense organs are! People who claim out of body experiences talk of the things they see when out of their bodies, but how can you perceive something without the senses? So a person can see during an OOBE. Can they smell? If they float into a room where someone is cooking soup, can they smell the soup as well as see it? How? In order to smell you have to have particles of the substance enter your nose via air current. So how the hell can you do that if you are "out of your body"??

An Out of Body experience is something anyone can experience for themselves. Why not find out the answer for yourself rather than being satisfied with an opinion? Are you familiar with the CIA's experiments in Remote Viewing? The two are very similar. And no, I had no sense of smell or touch during my experiences.

An Out of Body experience is something anyone can experience for themselves.  Why not find out the answer for yourself rather than being satisfied with an opinion?  Are you familiar with the CIA's experiments in Remote Viewing?  The two are very similar.  And no, I had no sense of smell or touch during my experiences.

But you could see, right? Ever wonder how? Is your field of vision during an OBE the same as when you are in the body, that is, do you see only what's in front and in your peripheral vision? Or do see totally, that is in a 360 degree radius? If not, then why not? There is no head to block your vision in an OBE, so you should be able to see all around......

I have heard people who claim to have had OBEs say that their vision is not limited, and they can see 360 degrees.

I think an OBE is not literally an Out of Body experience, just changes in brain chemistry that allow people to perceive the world differently than they would otherwise.

Good thing it's temporary. Athough, I have to admit that it would be useful to see in panoramic view sometimes.