Goodbye Jesus

Out-of-Body Experiences and astral travelling

boyinasuitcase

This topic was inspired by this thread.

What is astral travel? What is an out-of-body experience? When you experienced these out-of-body experiences, were you fully conscious of your thoughts and actions? Were you self-aware? Please explain, I'm dying to know! Thanks.

What is astral travel? What is an out-of-body experience? When you experienced these out-of-body experiences, were you fully conscious of your thoughts and actions? Were you self-aware? Please explain, I'm dying to know! Thanks.

An OBE is the experience of your consciousness leaving your body. Sometimes compared to Lucid Dreaming, the two phenominon feel entirely different. In a Lucid Dream you know you're dreaming and can control the dream. When I experience an OBE my body feels like a live wire. Energy vibrates up and down my body at an increasing rate until my consciousness leaves my body. I am fully awake and aware of my surroundings.

If certain techniques are practiced, certain results follow. Can you find a quiet place to practice? Are you willing to devote an hour a day for up to six months? That's how long it took me. I know, from my own experience, that Consciousness is separate from the body. An OBE is certainly subjective, and will convince no one but yourself. But who else are you trying to convince?

An OBE is the experience of your consciousness leaving your body.  Sometimes compared to Lucid Dreaming, the two phenominon feel entirely different.  In a Lucid Dream you know you're dreaming and can control the dream.  When I experience an OBE my body feels like a live wire.  Energy vibrates up and down my body at an increasing rate until my consciousness leaves my body.  I am fully awake and aware of my surroundings. 

If certain techniques are practiced, certain results follow.  Can you find a quiet place to practice?  Are you willing to devote an hour a day for up to six months?  That's how long it took me.  I know, from my own experience, that Consciousness is separate from the body.  An OBE is certainly subjective, and will convince no one but yourself.  But who else are you trying to convince?

Which techniques do you use or where could a website or book that lists them?

Did you ever try to test if it was true? Like maybe putting a random number somewhere in the room that you don't know about, like on your computer, and finding it in during the OBE. :shrug:

Anyway it sounds cool. I would think it would be interesting even to non-OBE believers too, since its a way to control one's dream state or whatever it is.

Which techniques do you use or where could a website or book that lists them?

TAP asked me to post my OBE texhniques. As a Xian, she felt uncomfortable bringing up the subject. I'm not sure why, since OBE is a Mystical technique and has nothing to do with any established Religion. Anyway, these techniques are a synthesis of years of research and worked for me. OBE and Lucid Dreaming are entirely different phenomena. Both should be practiced so that you can tell the difference.

I had many partial successes before my first OBE. Daily practice and determination are needed.

1. If you haven't done so already, start a dream diary. First thing every day, try and remember your dreams. Recorded them as thoroughly as possible. Also record your daily OBE experiments.

2. Try to practice your experiments at the same time every day. Choose a time when you have an hour when you will be undisturbed. Wear loose clothing and lie flat on your back.

3. Spend the first few minutes relaxing your body. Start at your toes and work your way slowly to the top of your head. When you are completely relaxed, tell yourself that today you are going to be successful. Today you are going to leave your body. As you say this to yourself, believe it. If you don't believe you are going to succeed, you probably won't.

4. Creative visualization! Close your eyes and try to visualize your room in complete detail. Visualize yourself lying on the bed. Visualize your astral body slowly rising out of your physical body. Connected to your astral body is the astral cord. This connects to your physical body. This cord will never be disconnected as long as you live. It will always bring you back to your body whenever you wish. (The Astral Cord is present most literature on this subject. I must admit that I personally never saw the Cord connecting to my physical body. I just assumed it was there.) Visualize your astral body floating to the end of your bed. Try to transfer your consciousness to the astral body. Visualize it and imagine yourself in the astral body looking at your physical self lying on the bed. Look around the room and try to see your room as if you are actually in the astral body. Visualize yourself floating through the roof of your house. Try to imagine that you are looking at your house from hundreds of feet above your bed. When finished, always return to your body, still in your imagination, and slowly sink your astral body back into your physical.

At first, this is just in your imagination, simply practice. When your astral form finally does leave your body, you will know it. It feels like charges of electricity, or vibrations, are coursing up and down your body, steadily increasing until *Pop* you really are looking at you body from above.

Remember it took me six months of daily practice. I know of no shortcuts, nor can I claim anything except that Consciousness can exist outside the Body. If anyone is interested in Lucid dreaming, message me .

This is interesting.

At first, this is just in your imagination, simply practice. When your astral form finally does leave your body, you will know it. It feels like charges of electricity, or vibrations, are coursing up and down your body, steadily increasing until *Pop* you really are looking at you body from above.

Can you guys tell me what you did on your journeys? Like where did you go, who did you see, how long were you gone, and if you ever ran into any other astral travellers along the way? This is very interesting...

Thanks for starting the thread. This is interesting stuff!

Did you ever try to test if it was true? Like maybe putting a random number somewhere in the room that you don't know about, like on your computer, and finding it in during the OBE.

I'm interested to see if this can be done too.

Also, this isn't my own experience, but I was intrigued in something I saw on TV the other day, it was the interview of a woman who was blind from birth.

She was in a car accident and 'died' on the operating table.

The doctors worked hard to resuscitate her, but she recalls being 'OB' and actually seeing them around her body working on her and wondering why they were even bothering. She wanted them to just let her go because she was seeing for the first time in her life.

She say's she left the building and flew above the town, but snapped back to wakefulness when they resuscitated her, back into her blind self.

:shrug:

You know, in both lucid dreaming and OBE I've heard many rabid mystics froth on about how dangerous it is. Like, if you don't maintain a connection there's a chance of not getting back into your body, dooming it to a zombie state.

Again I have to ask how a person can sense things if he is "out of the body"?

People who claim these experiences talk of what they saw, but do they talk about sound? How can you hear without your ears? Can you smell during an OBE? How, without your nose? Touch is impossible, because your skin with its receptors is over there wrapped around your body. So why should we believe someone who claims to "see" during a so-called OBE?

How in the hell can you see without using your eyes?

Again I have to ask how a person can sense things if he is "out of the body"?

People who claim these experiences talk of what they saw, but do they talk about sound?  How can you hear without your ears?  Can you smell during an OBE?  How, without your nose?  Touch is impossible, because your skin with its receptors is over there wrapped around your body.  So why should we believe someone who claims to "see" during a so-called OBE? 

How in the hell can you see without using your eyes?

I'll respond, even though I've never had an OBE, although I think that they may actually happen.

If you're asking what the scientific explanation is for being able to see while having an OBE, obviously there isn't one, at least not yet. The only way you can determine if one is able to see is if they can see something they would have no way of being able to see otherwise. A perfect example is the blind woman who was able to see during her OBE.