Goodbye Jesus

Best way to prepare for Katrina?

Vixentrox

1. Pray

2. Take secular measures such as evacuations, boarding up windows, ect and make use of things developed by science to minimize damage and loss of life.

:scratch:

I wonder what kind of results one might get if this is a poll posted on a Christian forum. Not that I am suggesting that someone should do it, just that I am curious about it.

I'm sure we would find that once again, nothing fails like prayer.

I'm sure we would find that once again, nothing fails like prayer.

Perhaps Bro Pat Robertson conjured Katrina up with one of his "please kill ..." prayers. If New Orleans isn't a sinful city, I don't know what is.

I'm so tired of seeing the CNN report where the one guy claims he has callouses on his knees from praying. If you want to do something useful, get a bus and take people out of the city. Don't just there sit on your hands and knees. Yeah, I realize it's a figure of speech, but it still annoyed the heck out of me.

:ugh:

Hopefully, my roommate's sister and my grand-aunt's ex husband aren't doing that. :Doh: Of course, the sister is in Mobile, which is slightly better than NO right now.

1.  Pray

2.  Take secular measures such as evacuations, boarding up windows, ect and make use of things developed by science to minimize damage and loss of life.

Something that is a real pet peeve of mine is when someone is bound and determined to try one and one alone... then some poor firefighter has to risk his life to save him, using training and science to save this guy's life... then the 'faithful christian' claims that prayer saved his life.

Um, NO!!

All that evil secular learning saved your ass... the least you could do, the least you could do is give credit where credit is due. Don't spit on the hard work of the techs in the lab and the figherfighters on the disaster area by saying 'goddidit.'

Merlin

1.  Pray

2.  Take secular measures such as evacuations, boarding up windows, ect and make use of things developed by science to minimize damage and loss of life.

I doubt any god could even save himself in this storm.

So Xtains...going to pray and make this storm dissipate? Don't you have faith? Your god could make it go away on whim couldn't he?

Guest Dragonblade

Naw, we should just sit right where we are, all comfy in front of our computers, and do absolutely nothing. We must not interfere with the Almighty's all-knowing ways.

:fdevil:

All that evil secular learning saved your ass... the least you could do, the least you could do is give credit where credit is due. Don't spit on the hard work of the techs in the lab and the figherfighters on the disaster area by saying 'goddidit.'

Amen to that.

Guest XAshleyX

My sympathy goes out to the Florida pan-handle, and all the rest of the gulf coast. I live on the Florida east coast and I had to live through last hurricane season, so I can imagine what they are going through trying to prepare for Katrina.