Goodbye Jesus

Christians Invading Public Schools In Africa

Neon Genesis

This morning at my parents' church, we had a guest preacher who's a missionary in Africa. He was preaching about how they've been evangelizing to kids in the public schools because Jesus is going to send the kids to hell if they don't have the right relationship with him and how the government in Africa has been helping them with with evangelizing. He ranted about how evil and corrupt the U.S. was for not allowing them to evangelize in public school. The whole sermon was basically a spiritual masturbating to forcing religion on innocent kids. I felt disgusted having been apart of a church that's actively involved in promoting a theocracy in Africa.

They aren't just wishing for it to happen but actually going over there and seeing it realized. I wonder if they would let Muslims come over to the U.S. and force kids in public schools to convert to Islam? It's one thing to teach comparative religion and secular scholarship as an optional class in school. It's another thing to indoctrinate the kids in fundamentalism which to me amounts nothing more than psychological child abuse. What kind of sadistic person teaches kids that they'll burn in hell if they don't accept Jesus and gets the government to help them force their beliefs on innocent kids? It sickens me that they want to do the same crap over here and I don't see how this can be described as anything other than child abuse.

These dipshits make me sick. "Oh, the African governments are so wonderful by helping us mindfuck the children, but the American government is a poopie head for not letting us rape the children of their innocence."

I would not be surprised if the Christians (at least at the higher level) bribed the government officals to allow this to happen.

One of the things that kept me in the faith for so long was all the "wonderful" things that the Lord was doing in Africa. The church really wasn't accomplishing shit here in America, and Europe was a non-starter, which to me was deeply upsetting. But what the Lord was doing in Africa and elsewhere in the world where education and modernity are mostly not present in a way that we would recognize, that helped keep me in.

But then I overheard that there was a born-again militia -- not some archaic "dead" denomination, but born-again -- that was fighting some ongoing war in Northeast Africa and was just as nasty as any of the other militias. That really put me off.

This is despicable, but hardly surprising. Xtianity has always had its greatest success among the poor and uneducated.

This is despicable, but hardly surprising. Xtianity has always had its greatest success among the poor and uneducated.

Exactly what I was thinking. Bullies always zero in on the most vulnerable targets. That's what defines them as bullies. In countries where the Catholic church has been in power for generations, the literacy rates are in the gutter.

What sickens me is how they brag about how those poor people in Africa are hungry for God unlike those evil materialistic people in U.S., as if taking advantage of poor people is something to be proud of.

I used to support missions to Israel and the Indian subcontinent when I was a Christian. The newsletters I got from these missions claimed that Christians were falsely accused by the Jews and Hindus of giving material items to poor people to entice them to convert. After deconversion, I'm not so sure the claims were false.

Speaking of false claims, I remember hearing all my life growing up that the bible was banned in China and Christians had to sneak the bible into China, but then we had another guest speaker from China a week or two ago who said you can buy bibles in paperback in China for like a $1.

I used to support missions to Israel and the Indian subcontinent when I was a Christian. The newsletters I got from these missions claimed that Christians were falsely accused by the Jews and Hindus of giving material items to poor people to entice them to convert. After deconversion, I'm not so sure the claims were false.

Even in the church I most recently attended here in the US, this kind of thing happened. I remember being really uncomfortable with one church "charity", where a group would take donated clothing to an apartment building in a poor neighborhood, and while parents were looking through the trucks full of clothes, church workers would gather all the poor children and read Bible stories to them. It seemed so underhanded to me.

Speaking of false claims, I remember hearing all my life growing up that the bible was banned in China and Christians had to sneak the bible into China, but then we had another guest speaker from China a week or two ago who said you can buy bibles in paperback in China for like a $1.

Well, during Mao's time they where probably right. Even now the Bibles "officially" have to to be state approved on some level afaik. But otherwise it's just like he said, you go into a shop, pay one buck, and walk out with a book full of bullshit!

Is the bullshit censored, though? I could understand if it was some kind of "approved" version with offending bits omitted, much like with Thomas Jefferson at his desk with scissors and glue pot.

Is the bullshit censored, though? I could understand if it was some kind of "approved" version with offending bits omitted, much like with Thomas Jefferson at his desk with scissors and glue pot.

Hahaha. I am not quite sure if Jefferson was in the business of making sure everyone else's Bibles where just like his though.... :)

And...while I am sure you could understand, a lot of people who didn't have the official Chinese version where sentenced to be tortured and die. Why setup a self fulfilling prophecy for Christians? That's the pinnacle of stupidity for me; you don't want to give them what they want, you want to ignore them in a way that doesn't give them what they want in any way if possible. Why ship Christians off to die in Gulags in Siberia? Doesn't make much sense to me....But that's me perhaps??

It's mind bogglingly obvious that there is a careful balance of power that needs to be played, and in my opinion that balance is gravely disturbed by literally forcing them to only have the versions you want them to have. Sure one could "encourage it", but Gulags? C'mon.... A bit extreme don't you agree?

What sickens me is how they brag about how those poor people in Africa are hungry for God unlike those evil materialistic people in U.S., as if taking advantage of poor people is something to be proud of.

If I was an a-hole and had lots of money, I'd start preaching over there about the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I'd bribe them with food, clothes and all the same stuff Christians are promising - but with twice as much. Then, when the FSM religion swept the country, I'd say, "they're hungry for spaghetti, bitches. This is what happens when people with resources infest a country with their religion - they'll buy into any stupid story if it gets them a level above their shit hole.

And I'm sure our multinational corporations ride along with these disgusting missionaries too, providing "protection" for WASP Whitey wherever he dares to set his Divine Foot whilst preaching to the savage heathens the Gospel of Jesus Teh Christ. Poor uneducated Africans....Not. You know, I think the Africans are better of with education than Christianity. Why do they need both? Ugh, I hate these religious endeavors, I just hate them.