Goodbye Jesus

Creationism Is Not Science

Guest Net Eng

Its sad how some people now think that theories are actual facts. I guess next, some people are going to believe that fiction is non-fiction

Its sad how some people now think that theories are actual facts. I guess next, some people are going to believe that fiction is non-fiction

It's sad that some people disbelieve well proven theories only because they can't read. I guess the next thing will be people going to believe in religion instead of provable facts.

Sometimes, it's better to say nothing and let others think you're a fool, rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

Sometimes, it's better to say nothing and let others think you're a fool, rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

Yea I know, because if I went around a bunch of good looking girls talking about how people use to be gorilla creatures, they would laugh at me all day, and wouldn't give me any play

It's sad that some people disbelieve well proven theories only because they can't read. I guess the next thing will be people going to believe in religion instead of provable facts.

Its sad that some people believe that a theory that can't be proven has been proven. I don't know why, but this guy believes that something that supposedly happened millions of years ago, can be proven by looking at a rock. The only way evolution can be proven is if there is a written record of it or if someone could go back in time to discover it. But u do know that time travel is impossible, don't u?

Its sad that some people believe that a theory that can't be proven has been proven. I don't know why, but this guy believes that something that supposedly happened millions of years ago, can be proven by looking at a rock.

How about looking at bones and comparing structure, or DNA code? Neither of them is a rock.

The only way evolution can be proven is if there is a written record of it or if someone could go back in time to discover it.

How about bones and DNA as recorded history, i.e. records?

But u do know that time travel is impossible, don't u?

But you know that they can compare DNA and bones, right?

Btw, it's not a belief, but it's an very reasonable inference made from strongly supporting facts.

My main point is not the progression of life. The fossil record exists. One can make a case for or against evolution with it. It is not complete, but should we expect it to be even if evolution is true. Not really. We can see possible connections between different species as we go further and further back in the fossil record. However, the different explosions of life within it do not lend themselves to the idea of a slow progression of evolving organisms. Anyway, enough of that.

You are aware that these "explosions" of life like the Cambrian explosion still cover hundreds of millions of years? They are still rather slow progressions. These things actually fit quite nicely with evolution because part of the force behind evolution is environmental changes, increase the changes in the environment and the speed with which things evolve (to a point of course, if the changes are too rapid for the species to keep up, extinction occurs)

What I want to touch on is the origin. I would contend that life spontaneously forming is not science any more than God causing it to exist. Neither idea can be proved, but both (if one accepts an old world creation) fit right in with life progressing on this planet as the fossil record shows. However, I think God creating it fits better with the explosions of life seen in the fossil record. Either way, one must have faith in whichever theory they have chosen. Did the 250 proteins necessary for minimum life function happen to move into the perfectly correct sequence randomly or did God arrange them? Dr. Doug Axe, a molecular biologist (cool name huh?) estimate the chances of this randomly happening are "roughly one in a trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion." God seems much more probable than that.

See this is where I wish creationists would actually read scientific journals, if you did you would know that scientists have recently shown that RNA CAN form from natural processes quite easily. Again, you are using "explosion" in a very loose way. The Cambrian explosion was more than 100 million years long.

Anytime I see someone start claiming they have created statistics about how likely it would be for life to start through natural processes I know they are full of bull shit. We simply do not have enough information about the formation of life to create a statistical analysis of the odds.

Lastly, you do understand that evolution and abiogenisis are two separate theories don't you? disproving one does not necessarily effect the other.

Its sad that some people believe that a theory that can't be proven has been proven. I don't know why, but this guy believes that something that supposedly happened millions of years ago, can be proven by looking at a rock. The only way evolution can be proven is if there is a written record of it or if someone could go back in time to discover it. But u do know that time travel is impossible, don't u?

Holy crap you need to pick up a science book. Do you even understand the concept of indirect observation?

Also and English book, this isn't twitter, you can speak without abbreviating things horribly. It makes it easier for us to read, and will help if you want people to take you seriously.

Yea I know, because if I went around a bunch of good looking girls talking about how people use to be gorilla creatures, they would laugh at me all day, and wouldn't give me any play

Another example of the results of the brilliant education system which teaches that evolution is "silly"

In all honesty, I don't think there's anything you could possibly say to a bunch of good looking girls that would cause them to give you any play.

Holy crap you need to pick up a science book. Do you even understand the concept of indirect observation?

Also and English book, this isn't twitter, you can speak without abbreviating things horribly. It makes it easier for us to read, and will help if you want people to take you seriously.

I don't believe it would do any good. And it's too late. I'm done with this asshat.

Bye Bye!

Did the 250 proteins necessary for minimum life function happen to move into the perfectly correct sequence randomly or did God arrange them? Dr. Doug Axe, a molecular biologist (cool name huh?) estimate the chances of this randomly happening are "roughly one in a trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion." God seems much more probable than that.

The problems with this sort of statistical analysis are numerous, but I am going to tell you about a few.

First, how do you know that the sequence of 250 proteins for life as we know it are the minimum for life in general? How do you know it is the only possible sequence? How many other sequences might there be?

A similar thing is done when people ask what the chances are that earth had the perfect qualities to support life. When you look only at our planet it does seem rather anomalous, but when one realizes that the number of planets in our galaxy alone could easily be in the billions, the statistics do not seem so insurmountable.

How do you we know life started with those 250 proteins and not something less complex? How do we know the number of OTHER possible sequences that COULD have formed some kind of life. Look at it this way, suppose that the chance of having these 250 proteins line up properly is 1 in a billion, the odds seem insurmountable. However, if there are other possible ways for the proteins to line up, then maybe the chances are more like a hundred thousand in a billion, still large but not as insurmountable.

The other major problem with this type of analysis, is that it assumes that the earth has ONE chance and ONLY ONE chance to create life, and if it fails that time nothing happens. When in fact, it had hundreds of millions of years to get it right.

Ask you self this. If the odds of something happening are one in a billion and you repeat said action a billion times what are the odds then? You do not have to be a mathematician to know it is 1 to 1. Now instead of insurmountable it is highly likely.

You are proof of the sad 'fact' that scientific literacy in this country is fucking abysmal.