Goodbye Jesus

This is f'ing sick

dead_hobbit

I make it no secret that I'm opposed to abortion in most cases, and prefer Adoption to be done instead. However, I've never tried to force my view on another person, and believe that the government should stay out of the whole f'ing abortion debate.

But now some perverse moron is using the decapitated head of an aborted fetus as part of "Art". This is just sick.

The article about the incident is at

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.ad...826082109990008

I've uploaded an image of this perversion for those who must see it at http://www.deadhobbit.com/images/abomination.jpg

This is the type of thing that makes my blood boil

Smeagol,

There is no accounting for boiling blood sometimes.

That head appears to be 45 years old from the article.

Are you upset for the gull or just for the head?

Anyway it was down right cute compared to the sick things I've seen.

chef

Hey, somepeople think depictions of a brutal murder make for keen religious symbols...it takes all kinds.

Hey, somepeople think depictions of a brutal murder make for keen religious symbols...it takes all kinds.

Good point. For all we know it may be anti-abortion work. Perhaps it is a statement about the child now being an angel.

Maybe it is a natural wonder. Gull is going through the dumptster at the clinic and gets her head stuck in a baby's head. Then some guy shoots her and puts her in that jar and takes it to the pub to show his mates. "Hey, 'eres somthing you don't see ever'day!" His mates say, "Right you are mate, have a drink." After they are bit blizted in comes a collage kid who still doesn't have an idea for her art project due tomorrow. Suddenly there it is in front of her and the rest is art history.

But now some perverse moron is using the decapitated head of an aborted fetus as part of "Art". This is just sick.

You're right. That is sick.

I think we should strap that piece of "art" to the "artist" and blow both of them to smithereens with a block of C4 the size of my computer tower. :mellow:

:scratch:

The. less reputable. early Natural History Museums were like that actually..cabinets of curiosities. Some would do things like sew a cat head to a dog body to wow the audiences.

The article about the incident is at

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.ad...826082109990008

I've uploaded an image of this perversion for those who must see it at http://www.deadhobbit.com/images/abomination.jpg

This is the type of thing that makes my blood boil

Ick. I remember in my high school science class they used to have a little fetus in a glass jar. :Hmm:

Now check this out:

Death is only the beginning - Cleveland exhibit teaches anatomy with the real thing

A woman — the names, ages and backgrounds of the plastinates are kept anonymous — who donated her body for plastination stands on exhibit. She is average height and is thin.

She is also five months pregnant.

Guests stand and stare at the baby inside of her. Though this is shocking and difficult for some, many other guests view this as the beauty of life.

Trish Rooney, marketing director of the Great Lakes Science Center, recalls an incident a guest had while seeing this exact plastinate.

“We had a really amazing experience,” Rooney says. “We had a group of kids from a high school, and there was a young girl who was pregnant and she was standing there in front of that plastinate and there were just tears running down her face. It was so moving, her recognition of what was happening inside of her body. It was just incredible.”

Maybe it's all in how tastefully you display it. :shrug:

However modern art is quite disgustingly lately. Lots of lazy artists tack anything together purely for the shock value. I do thing its a bit more creative then the canvases covered in just one color of paint though. I hate it when they do that shit. Lazy bastards! :grin:

Definitely in bad taste......

Doesn't surpise me though....

Concerns that the fetus might have come from a forced, late-term abortion could not be substantiated, Gilgen said.

Aside from this exhibit being some 40+ years old, ther's no proof of an abortion. So what exactly do you object to? The use of cadavers in art? Or was it the specific use of what might (unknown) be an aborted fetus in art? Their very speculation about the fetus being aborted or not is a rather sneaky device by the author of this piece. The author wanted to shock and disturb.

A miscarried fetus used in art doesn't have the same shock value as an aborted fetus used in art.

The fact the author was going for the shock value of a 40+ year old piece of art tells me someone was bitter about not being in line to cover real news. I notice the reporter's name doesn't appear. Interesting.

Maybe it's all in how tastefully you display it.  :shrug:

The Body Worlds 2 display isn't presented as art. It is presented as an educational tool at the Great Lakes Science Center. What's really cool about the display is that there is no speaker there walking you through. You get to go through at your own pace and observe as long as you like. For a small additional charge, you can purchase the audio tour. From what I hear, when you purchase the audio tour, they give you a small electronic device along with a set of headphones. As you walk through the display, the device describes each exhibit in detail.

The Body Worlds 2 display is only going to be here in Cleveland until September 18th. I'm hoping to be able to generate the funds in order to take my kids there before then. I think it takes about 3 hours to go through with the audio program.