Goodbye Jesus

A breakthrough!

spamandham

So anyway, I've been struggling with issues related to my wife's beliefs. For the first time last night, she finally conceded that the concept of hell is rediculous and can't possibly be true!

We have also come to terms with the whole church business. She's ok with me going just to help with the kids, but not actually attending service.

Just felt the need to share some good news.

Thanks for sharing the good news.

That is great news. Given enough time I'm certain she'll think her way free of the religious meme. Just be patient.

Tis good news - be gentle with her as well as patient.

That really is good news. As long as she's willing to think about her beliefs there's a lot of hope.

Absolutely!

That's fantastic news, Spammy! :bounce:

Your loving and focused attention on being careful with her feelings and proceeding with respectful caution are paying off. Nice job!

AWESOME!

That's one step in the right direction! :grin:

Glad to see things progressing!

Hopefully they will continue in the right direction.

I'm sorry to see that Satan has such a powerful grip on the two of you. I will be praying for you that your eyes will be opened to see the TRUTH! Jesus loves you, and He doesn't want you to go to Hell! Read your Bible. Pray! Seek the Lord's Face, and He will show you the TRUTH about Hell!

O wait... I'm not a Christian anymore. I actually felt my IQ decreasing as my brain began to shut itself down while I was typing out all of nonsense above! :HaHa:

Hell is a morally reprehensible concept, and it cannot be logically reconciled with a belief in a loving God.

That is great news! Glory!

I'm sorry to see that Satan has such a powerful grip on the two of you. I will be praying for you that your eyes will be opened to see the TRUTH! Jesus loves you, and He doesn't want you to go to Hell! Read your Bible. Pray! Seek the Lord's Face, and He will show you the TRUTH about Hell!

:lmao::grin:

I'm in such a good mood right now, I wouldn't have cared even if you were serious. Cheers!

:lmao:   :grin:

I'm in such a good mood right now, I wouldn't have cared even if you were serious.  Cheers!

Bless the LARD, Brother! Hall-lay-LOOH-Yah!! :grin:

Wonderful news, Spamandham! As BroJeff said, Hell is morally insupportable (which you well know). Belief in the Hell doctrine is such a pivotal issue that to officially abandon it opens all sorts of doors for your wife.

That's excellent news!

So anyway, I've been struggling with issues related to my wife's beliefs.  For the first time last night, she finally conceded that the concept of hell is rediculous and can't possibly be true!

We have also come to terms with the whole church business.  She's ok with me going just to help with the kids, but not actually attending service. 

Wow, that's a relief! I wished my girlfriend would say that some time to me. It's so sad to know that she thinks that I'm (probably) going to hell. How did your wife come so far?

Wow, that's a relief! I wished my girlfriend would say that some time to me. It's so sad to know that she thinks that I'm (probably) going to hell. How did your wife come so far?

In further discussions, I had misunderstood to some degree. She still believes in hell, but believes it's only for the really bad people. The part she finds rediculous is that people go to hell for not believing. Oh, well, I guess that's still progress.

In further discussions, I had misunderstood to some degree.  She still believes in hell, but believes it's only for the really bad people.  The part she finds rediculous is that people go to hell for not believing.  Oh, well, I guess that's still progress.

That's definately a step in the right direction..hell was the second thing to go for me, I think.

First was all that prophecy shit.

It won't be long, I'm sure and she will see that even the notion that what one does in a span of say..70 years, give or take a decade or two can determine for eternity where one will be.