Goodbye Jesus

Planned Parenthood to help out?

Caretaker

http://www.lifenews.com/nat1578.html

So, Planned Parenthood has vowed to help out with the hurricane victims.

By giving out free morning-after pills. :Hmm:

Ok, before anyone blasts me and calls me an anti-abortion nazi, how does giving out free contraception help out victims of a hurricane? Wouldn't it be much better help to provide clean food, water, and clothing? Maybe even donating some money.

I can see a food chain giving away free product, or a clothing chain giving away free clothing, or perhaps Brita giving away free water purifiers, but free contraception just doesn't make sense. :huh:

Someone, please talk. :mellow:

Sound more like they're trying to take advantage of the cheap publicity.

Free contraceptions might make some sense. After all, people in this sort of situation are not in the best of financial and emotional states to be having and raising children. But free morning after pills just doesn't seem to fit that bill.

I do agree that other supplies are in much greater need. I live in Southwest LA, and I know first hand that there is a shortage of just about every essential needed. We currently have somewhere between 3-10k extra residents in my parish alone.

Lot of evacuees stayin in hotels...you know how those strange hotels affect people.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Got nothing else to *do*, everything is wet and useless.

Why not fuck and have some fun in all the rot and ruins? If you are in the midst of this watery hell why not take a few minutes and take ytour mind off the surroundings?

Not the prudent and safe thing, making a kid in the midst of all of this disaster, fucking is gonna happen.

Prefer if it does go on and the actors don't care to have a little'un in this mess that it not be started..

kL

Ok, before anyone blasts me and calls me an anti-abortion nazi, how does giving out free contraception help out victims of a hurricane?

Maybe it doesn't, but Planned Parenthood does not exactly have ready access to more common disaster-relief supplies.

Wouldn't it be much better help to provide clean food, water, and clothing?

Sure, but PP is not likely to have greater access to distributors, wholesalers and/or manufacturers than a citizen. They would end up buying from CostCo or Wal-Mart, which would only serve to delay the distribution of goods.

Maybe even donating some money.

Maybe they have.

I can see a food chain giving away free product, or a clothing chain giving away free clothing, or perhaps Brita giving away free water purifiers, but free contraception just doesn't make sense. :huh:

Someone, please talk. :mellow:

Seems to me that they feel like they should help, but they have limited means.

Perhaps I am overly optimistic or generous.

"As Hurricane Katrina ripped through the southeastern United States, Planned Parenthood [is] there to offer one free month of birth control or one free emergency contraception kit to women from Louisiana and Mississippi," Peal wrote.

"In past disasters, we know there has been an increased demand for [emergency contraception]," she added.

"We're offering a free month's supply of birth control pills and/or emergency contraception if they have either a Mississippi or Louisiana driver's license," Durkin said of the offer. "It's an opportunity to let people know, during these calamities, sometimes you don't bring your pills with you, because you're trying to get out of there in one piece."

Seems fine to me. They're just doing what little they can to help. :shrug:

Trojan Man comes to rescue promiscuous hurricane survivors!

post-278-1125545157_thumb.jpg

Also seems a bit arrogant to criticize the nature of someone else's donation when you have done precisely jack squat yourself.

Go donate blood or something and then maybe you can be critical of PP about the appropriateness of their donations.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Got nothing else to *do*, everything is wet and useless.

Why not fuck and have some fun in all the rot and ruins?

I agree. It makes perfect sense to me. As you know, lots of unwanted pregnacies happen in the worst of situations or in less than best situations, like immediately preceeding a service member's going off to war.

Especially when one can do next to nothing to change one's situation, sex is a means of comfort when times seem unbearable. It is often the drug of choice when people need a brief respite or escape from the painful realities of their surroundings.

Planned Parenthood is giving out for free what they have to give. It is noble of them to do so, regardless of any possible motivations or agenda.

Is it not the right thing to give that which you have?