Goodbye Jesus

Reasons.org Homeschooling Course

Brother Jeff

I subscribed to the Reasons.org mailing list quite a while back just to see what kind of nonsense I would get. This is the first mail I have ever received from them, and it is alarming! :eek: They are now offering a homeschooling course featuring Brother Hugh Ross's brand of ignorance and magical thinking-laden religious pseudoscience! I weep for those children who will be exposed to this nonsense presented as "Truth", as well as for our nation. Check it out:

"Attention Homeschoolers!

Reasons To Believe is NOW ENROLLING for its BRAND NEW homeschool course!

Be a part of our pilot program.

GOOD SCIENCE, GOOD FAITH

This 20-week course, designed for 10th through 12th graders, is based on the research of RTB’s scholars, including Dr. Hugh Ross.

The course is broken into two 10-week divisions (one in the fall and one in the spring).

Topics include:

General and special revelation

Interpreting Genesis 1

Overview of RTB’s testable creation model

Introduction to the age of the earth debate

Creation vs. evolution

Big bang cosmology

Design of the universe

Origin of life

Origin of humanity

And more!

The entire course is online. Students will listen to lectures, watch videos, complete workbook assignments, and interact with the instructor and other students in an online community. An official RTB apologist supervises all courses.

Cost: $110 per semester + materials

Limited Size: ONLY 15 students will be accepted for this pilot program.

Class begins September 19th. The final day to register is September 9.

Visit www.reasonsinstitute.com to download a course outline and to find out more information!

Can you imagine actually paying Creationists to be bullshitted and to have your children bullshitted, um, I mean "educated" with this nonsense? Well, we probably all did it to some degree when we were Christians, but still! :ugh:

Their program would be much more truthfully named, "BAD SCIENCE, BAD FAITH", though I could come up with much more colorful descriptions of it if I wanted to.

:ugh::ugh::eek::eek:

Overview of RTB’s testable creation model

No that I would love to see! I wonder just how "testable" their model really is. I'm pretty sure it's hard to come up w/an experiment to prove "God did it."

Why don't they just call it Brainwashing 101, since that's really what it is?

:rolleyes: