Goodbye Jesus

Anyone Know James Burke?

NimbusBirdMgp

I did most of my Science learning by watching a lot of PBS Science Programs in the last 23 years. Been some good programs, but when I think of what really is causing such things as wilder weather patterns and what has happen from Hurricane Katrina. I am reminded of a program I saw back in November 1990 and I also recorded this on a personal Video Tape.

It was by Jame Burke and his episode 'After The Warming' (Made in 1989) Aired on PBS in the 1990.

To deny superstitions like Religious ones and those trying to find them for blame and chauvinism's towards a belief people have. I am thinking of the practical causes of this.

I had gotten this Video out last night and look at the program. I wish it was available for others to see now. I have tried to see if I can find it with PBS on the Web Site. But I'm not having luck at this time. Maybe it can be found later?

It's a Program in which James Burke looks into all the Climatic Scientific data from our History to what he thinks he can predict for the Weather Climate up to the Year 2050. It was shocking that he is forcasting an increase in Hurricanes by the year 2020. And this is 2005.

:twitch::scratch:

Interesting. Did he blame the global warming on the pollution or just natural changes?

James Burke was excellent. Did you see "The Day the Universe Changed"? "Connections" was even better.

"After the Warming" is available in U.K. I haven't seen it.

Interesting. Did he blame the global warming on the pollution or just natural changes?

He showed how things are as natural changes and what course that took in the past and would go for the future and then also showed how our modern technology and pollution is adding to all this with all the scientific data they had in 1989. Showing models in which the data would project as forcast. There was 2 - 1 Hour Parts = 2 Hours on this episode. 1 Part is the History and the 2nd Part the Predictions for our future.

He pretty much hold the same position as me then. Natural and Human causes. But nature just follows an automatic pattern, while we have the option to do something about it.

I met him once. He gave a lecture at a local college. His "Connections" and "The Day the Universe Changed" are favorite programs of mine.

James Burke was excellent. Did you see "The Day the Universe Changed"? "Connections" was even better.

"After the Warming" is available in U.K. I haven't seen it.

Yes with 'The Day the Universe Changed'

I got to see and record all of the 10 Parts episodes of this Series back in 1989 on my personal Videos also.

Part 1 - The Way We Are

Part 2 - In the Light of the Above

Part 3 - Point of View

Part 4 - A Matter of Fact

Part 5 - Infinitely Reasonable

Part 6 - Credit Where it's Due

Part 7 - What the Doctor Ordered

Part 8 - Fit to Rule

Part 9 - Making Waves

Part 10 - Worlds Without End

Never got to see 'Connections'

I absolutely loved his Connections series. It was the most rewarding part of high school physics class.