Goodbye Jesus

Looky what we have here......

Angel

I dunno about you, but what is annoying to me is you go to the laundry mat, or go to the store, hell, even the potty room, and you find a little tract to say how you are going to hell and need jesus to save you, blah blah blah.

I used to leave these little messages everywhere when I was a brainwashed fool. Now I can see how annoying it is to find those damn things everywhere. When I find them, I rip them up and throw them away...guess I am on satan's team huh?

I dunno about you, but what is annoying to me is you go to the laundry mat, or go to the store, hell, even the potty room, and you find a little tract to say how you are going to hell and need jesus to save you, blah blah blah.

I used to leave these little messages everywhere when I was a brainwashed fool. Now I can see how annoying it is to find those damn things everywhere. When I find them, I rip them up and throw them away...guess I am on satan's team huh?

Wasting good TP there......

Then again you might get a paper cut on your anus, so maybe that's not the best idea.

Turnabout is fair play. If there is an evolution speech or some other sort of "unchristian" rally or something....there will be flyers.

Grab a bunch and head for church. Post them in the bathrooms (tend to be pretty deserted while service is in session). Who knows, you might end up reaching someone who has been questioning, and they might end up going to the events you've posted about.

Could be their first step into the larger world.

Wasting good TP there......

Then again you might get a paper cut on your anus, so maybe that's not the best idea.

Turnabout is fair play. If there is an evolution speech or some other sort of "unchristian" rally or something....there will be flyers.

Grab a bunch and head for church. Post them in the bathrooms (tend to be pretty deserted while service is in session). Who knows, you might end up reaching someone who has been questioning, and they might end up going to the events you've posted about.

Could be their first step into the larger world.

You can also purchase printed "nontracts" from the Freedom From Religion Foundation website.

Useful when you find them in the bathroom and no paper...

*** edit

Darn! Raven beat me to it.

This glorious tract is freely available for distribution, though I don't know how well the graphics will print out.

http://www.religionisbullshit.org/2005/03/...jesus-tract.php

Why don't I ever get those things? Not that I am complaining, but where do they leave them? I sometimes see crazy people standing on streetcorners downtown yelling at the top of their lungs that the end is near and we're all bound for hell and sometimes they have tracts, but they never give me one :shrug: . Maybe it's because I am a suit and they figure corporate climbing yuppie professionals have no use for Jebus. They would be right :HaHa:

One of these stupid conversion cards was actually semi-influential in my deconversion. It helped me realize how unreasonable Christianity was in its expectation that people would just read some ridiculous story on a card and suddenly devote their life to Jesus without any skepticism or demand for evidence. This, in turn, led me to question whether there actually was any evidence for Christianity.

I've seen one or two at the mall on coffee tables at the Caribou shops. I threw them away.

One of these stupid conversion cards was actually semi-instrumental in my deconversion. It helped me realize how unreasonable Christianity was in its expectation that people would just read some ridiculous story on a card and suddenly devote their life to Jesus.

The story is not ridiculous. It's TRUE. It just seems ridiculous to you because you have been magically blinded to the TRUTH concerning the glorious Bullshit about Kryasst by an evil spook (2 Cor. 4:4). It's not just a matter of reading the card. If the time is right, the Holy Spook will magically convict the reader of doing shit that pisses the Holy Farter off, and magically move the reader to ask an Invisible Sky Man to come reside within their inner spook via the convicting Holy Spook and give them a second magical eternal life in the Sky Kingdom after this one is over. So see, it's not the card or even the ridiculous, er, TRUE story. It's the Power of the Spook! Glory!

The story is not ridiculous. It's TRUE. It just seems ridiculous to you because you have been magically blinded to the TRUTH concerning the glorious Bullshit about Kryasst by an evil spook (2 Cor. 4:4). It's not just a matter of reading the card. If the time is right, the Holy Spook will magically convict the reader of doing shit that pisses the Holy Farter off, and magically move the reader to ask an Invisible Sky Man to come reside within their inner spook via the convicting Holy Spook and give them a second magical eternal life in the Sky Kingdom after this one is over. So see, it's not the card or even the ridiculous, er, TRUE story. It's the Power of the Spook! Glory!

:grin:

Praise the Lard, it all makes so much sense now!

Thank you, Brother Jeff, for renewing my faith in the Glorious Bullshit!

I was passing through a parking lot one rainy afternoon and crossed between some cars, on my way through I spotted a folded hundred on the ground near the drivers side of one the cars. So I glanced around, seeing no one looking, I pocketed the bill. Later after completing my errands I pulled the bill out to unfold it and add it to the lesser bills in my wallet. But the face I found on the bill wasn't Ben's..it was fucking Jesus. And there was a caption that said "This hundred dollar bill isn't real, but Jesus' love for you is." Needless to say I was fuckin' pissed.

I was passing through a parking lot one rainy afternoon and crossed between some cars, on my way through I spotted a folded hundred on the ground near the drivers side of one the cars.  So I glanced around, seeing no one looking, I pocketed the bill.  Later after completing my errands I pulled the bill out to unfold it and add it to the lesser bills in my wallet.  But the face I found on the bill wasn't Ben's..it was fucking Jesus.  And there was a caption that said "This hundred dollar bill isn't real, but Jesus' love for you is."  Needless to say I was fuckin' pissed.

Hehe! You've been had! It was the Jebus Bill, perfect to give to a church. Give to Jesus, what belongs to Jesus. Didn't Jebus himself ask the disciples to look at the coins and ask whos picture was on it? And it was Caesars, so "give to Ceasar..." You go and do the same. Glory!

I remember the first time I saw one of those tracts that someone handed me and I thought it was one of the most hysterically funny fucking things ever.

Then I realized it was supposed to be serious.

I continued to laugh.

I used to work at a rest area. And the godbots would put tracts in every stall. Man, I was burning dozens of them every week.. Its also where I first saw chickentracts. I remember reading one and thinking "propaganda".