Goodbye Jesus

Howard Stern Discussing Religion, Kirk Cameron, Etc.

thefriendlyghost

Sorry, wasn't sure where to post this: My link

Enjoyed that... "pray to my turtle"...lol

Guest David588

I think Howard Stern is being a little harsh on Kirk Cameron. First, who is he to speak about Cameron’s personal life or views? Cameron’s life has been changed and he credits that to God and people should respect his experience and conversion at the very least regardless of their religious or unreligious convictions. Second, at least he has enough conviction about his beliefs to share that with other people in a loving way. That is more than what can be said for a lot of people. If he really believes that Jesus is the way of salvation for man, then he would either be a hypocrite or insensitive to not share that with others. People argue that Christians are a bunch of militants, but Christians are seeking to share with others the hope they’ve found. If someone has found something that brings them joy and hope, why shouldn’t they be able to share that with others? Even if Howard Stern wants to address Cameron’s points and views on air, the way that he does it is hateful and degrading. Multiple times he suggests that he hates Kirk Cameron just for what he believes in and seems to never run out of explicit words to describe Cameron and his actions. If he really wanted to make a point he would look deeper into the arguments that Cameron is presenting rather than attack him on a personal level.

Also, Stern makes a point that Kirk Cameron has no knowledge or understanding to attack a belief such as Darwinism or Darwin himself. Using that argument, one could also say that Stern doesn’t have the intellect, understanding, or knowledge to attack Christianity and its views. The reality is that Cameron’s views are not something he just came up with himself. There has been as many scientist, philosophers, and intellectual minds who have come to the same conclusion that Darwinism is faulty and cannot be proven as a scientific fact, hence it is just a theory. Theologians and philosophers have been writing of their faith in God long before Darwin ever came up with a theory to support his belief that there isn’t a God. People are welcome to share their views on Darwinism, but that does not mean that evolution and natural selection automatically trumps any belief because it has been deemed “science” at the expense of creationism being excluded from the conversation.

Also, I don’t think that Christians are arguing that Christianity be taught in school, but rather that intelligent design be an option to consider besides evolution. Just because one credits a Creator who designs the universe does not automatically submit them to the beliefs of Christianity. Many religions subscribe to the belief in God and Christianity’s foundations lie in more than believing in a Creator of the universe.

Howard Stern and his colleagues are missing the whole point of Cameron’s message. They are looking at what Cameron says as something that he just made up, his own truth, subjective to his own whims, but it’s not Cameron’s truth. It’s God’s truth. It’s the gospel message of the Bible. It’s ironic that while Stern spends so much time making fun of Cameron, he’s giving his listeners a chance they may never have had before to hear about God’s truth. Praise God for Howard Stern, even if he is ignorant.

Cameron's making a lot of money at this. Look up the income tax information for Ray Comfort's publishing company and look for the payments made to Kirk Cameron's company. They're in the six digits. And that doesn't include the money he's making from his Christian movies, and the free publicity he's getting from all the attention. I don't feel any sympathy for the guy. He knows what he's doing.

David, to borrow a quote from my favorite Xmas film, 'Scrooged': "Beautiful story- save it for Reader's Digest..."

...drivel snipped...

Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort are douche bags. They distort history, science, hell, they distort reality in order to try and pull the wool over people's eyes so they can make money without having a real job.

If anything, Howard did not go far enough; these people are beyond descriptive words, in my opinion.

I think Howard Stern is being a little harsh on Kirk Cameron.

Howard Stern's show is like Beavis and Butthead. It may not be a good "argument", but they are still showing that Kirk is not all sunshine and flowers.

If I were a Christian, I wouldn't be swayed by the show either. That wasn't the point. It was for those who have already seen through the veneer of sanctimonious lies foisted by Cameron and Co.

I refer to you the threads on these forums that discuss the release of Darwin's Origin of Species (minus some crucial chapters dishonestly ommitted, and with the addition of introductory tripe filled with deliberate ignorance).

I think Howard Stern is being a little harsh on Kirk Cameron. First, who is he to speak about Cameron’s personal life or views? Cameron’s life has been changed and he credits that to God and people should respect his experience and conversion at the very least regardless of their religious or unreligious convictions. Second, at least he has enough conviction about his beliefs to share that with other people in a loving way. That is more than what can be said for a lot of people. If he really believes that Jesus is the way of salvation for man, then he would either be a hypocrite or insensitive to not share that with others. People argue that Christians are a bunch of militants, but Christians are seeking to share with others the hope they’ve found. If someone has found something that brings them joy and hope, why shouldn’t they be able to share that with others? Even if Howard Stern wants to address Cameron’s points and views on air, the way that he does it is hateful and degrading. Multiple times he suggests that he hates Kirk Cameron just for what he believes in and seems to never run out of explicit words to describe Cameron and his actions. If he really wanted to make a point he would look deeper into the arguments that Cameron is presenting rather than attack him on a personal level.

Also, Stern makes a point that Kirk Cameron has no knowledge or understanding to attack a belief such as Darwinism or Darwin himself. Using that argument, one could also say that Stern doesn’t have the intellect, understanding, or knowledge to attack Christianity and its views. The reality is that Cameron’s views are not something he just came up with himself. There has been as many scientist, philosophers, and intellectual minds who have come to the same conclusion that Darwinism is faulty and cannot be proven as a scientific fact, hence it is just a theory. Theologians and philosophers have been writing of their faith in God long before Darwin ever came up with a theory to support his belief that there isn’t a God. People are welcome to share their views on Darwinism, but that does not mean that evolution and natural selection automatically trumps any belief because it has been deemed “science” at the expense of creationism being excluded from the conversation.

Also, I don’t think that Christians are arguing that Christianity be taught in school, but rather that intelligent design be an option to consider besides evolution. Just because one credits a Creator who designs the universe does not automatically submit them to the beliefs of Christianity. Many religions subscribe to the belief in God and Christianity’s foundations lie in more than believing in a Creator of the universe.

Howard Stern and his colleagues are missing the whole point of Cameron’s message. They are looking at what Cameron says as something that he just made up, his own truth, subjective to his own whims, but it’s not Cameron’s truth. It’s God’s truth. It’s the gospel message of the Bible. It’s ironic that while Stern spends so much time making fun of Cameron, he’s giving his listeners a chance they may never have had before to hear about God’s truth. Praise God for Howard Stern, even if he is ignorant.

Um, most of Howard's listeners are American, and no doubt have had "God's truth" shoved down their throat countless times in their lives. I highly doubt any of them were swayed by Kirk's blathering. A majority of subscribers (myself included) ordered Sirius Radio for the sheer fact that we could listen to Howard, totally uncensored. He has discussed religion many times, and is familiar with the bible. Do you honestly think there are a lot of Americans out there who have never heard the gospel? Do you really think hearing this Cameron crap is going to convert a lot of faithful Stern Show listeners to Xtianity? It's a long shot, buddy. If anything, it will help influence more people to question and leave Xtianity- though I doubt most of his listeners are very religious in the first place, and I also highly doubt that they are seeking to become so. Praise be to Howard, for he is good!

If you are going to teach ID, you have to teach creation from all the religions. Keep your bibles out the science class and I'll keep my science book out of your church.

...drivel snipped...

Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort are douche bags. They distort history, science, hell, they distort reality in order to try and pull the wool over people's eyes so they can make money without having a real job.

If anything, Howard did not go far enough; these people are beyond descriptive words, in my opinion.

Cameron and Comfort are the Cheech and Chong of xianity.Wendyloser.gif

Even if Howard Stern wants to address Cameron’s points and views on air, the way that he does it is hateful and degrading.

Yeah you're right because we know Christians are never hateful or degrading to non-believers :Wendywhatever:

FAGS, DYKES, SAND NIGGERS, SCIENTISTS, ATHEISTS AND JEWS WILL FRY IN HELL IF THEY DON'T REPENT AND TURN TO JESUS!!"

A couple of years ago I saw this loving, compassionate message of hope left by a Christian on a message board, so I copied and pasted it because I was so touched by it. Christians can be so kind :HappyCry:

I think Howard Stern is being a little harsh on Kirk Cameron. First, who is he to speak about Cameron’s personal life or views? Cameron’s life has been changed and he credits that to God and people should respect his experience and conversion at the very least regardless of their religious or unreligious convictions.

I am not a fan of Stern, but I do not respect stupidity, and Kirk Cameron displays a lot of stupidity.

Also, Stern makes a point that Kirk Cameron has no knowledge or understanding to attack a belief such as Darwinism or Darwin himself. Using that argument, one could also say that Stern doesn’t have the intellect, understanding, or knowledge to attack Christianity and its views. The reality is that Cameron’s views are not something he just came up with himself. There has been as many scientist, philosophers, and intellectual minds who have come to the same conclusion that Darwinism is faulty and cannot be proven as a scientific fact, hence it is just a theory

This statement shows you to be as ignorant as Cameron is when it comes to evolutionary theory. saying "just a theory" shows you have know idea what the word "theory" means in a scientific context. It is true that Cameron did not come up with this stuff himself, he is parroting Pseudo-science from others. He and people in his camp are no better than the anti vaccination movement or the Homeopathic "doctors."

There are not many people today who deny that evolution is a valid explanation for the diversity of life on this planet, and none are of consequence in my opinion.

Theologians and philosophers have been writing of their faith in God long before Darwin ever came up with a theory to support his belief that there isn’t a God. People are welcome to share their views on Darwinism, but that does not mean that evolution and natural selection automatically trumps any belief because it has been deemed “science” at the expense of creationism being excluded from the conversation.

Absurd nonsense considering Darwin believed in god himself, and he was hardly the first person to posit a theory about evolution.

This is the kind of ignorance that Stern is talking about, you open your mouth and prove his point by showing you do not know the first thing about either history or science when it comes to this issue.

Creationism is not science because it cannot be tested using the scientific method, not because scientists ban it by fiat.

Yes, but scientists do not reject teaching of intelligent design because of its religious connotations, but because it does not meet the rigorous standards of the scientific process. Suggesting that something be taught in science class rooms which is cannot pass muster in the scientific community is going about things backwards. The things that go in high school text books have passed muster often for decades before they filter down to that level. High school classes are for learning the basics, not for debating unproven hypothesis.

The attempt to teach ID in schools is nothing more than an obvious attempt to brainwash children before they have a chance, and it will destroy science education in this country.

Our school system has enough problems as it is without destroying our ability to properly teach the scientific process to children. Ignorant buffoons like you and Cameron are the exact sort of people we are hoping to avoid creating in the future.

As I said, I do not care for Stern, but his point is a valid one, Cameron DOES have a subjective truth, just because he and you claim it comes from god does not make it so, and if you want to prove it SCIENTIFICALLY, then there are certain standards to which you must adhere. Instead of meeting those requirements, Cameron and you want to water down science to your level.

It would be like a 12 year old claiming he has what it takes to play pro football, but then asking to remove tackling because he can't handle that. Science is not egalitarian in that way, you either play by its rules or you don't play.

David, Please don't be discouraged. I hope you stick around and explain your God's love and intelligent design to us. I myself would like to learn more about ID, especially how SpiderMother came up with the idea of the opposable thumb.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest xandrani

Also, I don’t think that Christians are arguing that Christianity be taught in school, but rather that intelligent design be an option to consider besides evolution.

ID should not be taught in schools just as a belief in pixies shouldn't be taught. They are both untrue and delusional. Christians are trying to brainwash young children in to believing in ID, and from there it's easy to brainwash them to become Christian.

Just as a side note: while flipping through the channels this weekend, I happened upon a "funniest videos" type show, christmas oriented. I love AFV so I paused. The voice overs sounded like a kid trying to be funny and failing miserably, not at all like Saget or Bergeron. When they got back to the host I understood why. It was our buddy Kirk.

Reinforced my already low opinion of his mental faculties. He's an embarrassment to himself.

I am not a fan of Stern, but I do not respect stupidity, and Kirk Cameron displays a lot of stupidity.

But at least Kirk Cameron is cute :HaHa:. I don't like Stern's style really, don't usually mind f-words but here they bothered me a bit. And you have to know when to use the c-word if you must use it. C'mon.

I'm watching some Kirk Cameron's witnessing videos and yes they all are very stupid. Sigh.