Goodbye Jesus

Druid Trainie

BuddhistCommunist

Through exstensive meditation and research I have begun the path to becoming a druid. I have begun to set up my own Anti-christian order and we will be working constantly to rid ourselves of christian persecution whenever nescesary. I don't believe in Gods any more or less than I used to, I don't believe in Buddhism Any less than I used to, in fact the 2 can go hand in hand. Well see ya later and wish me luck.

BC - All the best of luck to you in your continued search for truth and clarity. I hope you will be successful in your fight against any persecution coming from Christians. To that end, may you enjoy inner peace, fair skies and following winds.

-Reach

Through exstensive meditation and research I have begun the path to becoming a druid. I have begun to set up my own Anti-christian order and we will be working constantly to rid ourselves of christian persecution whenever nescesary. I don't believe in Gods any more or less than I used to, I don't believe in Buddhism Any less than I used to, in fact the 2 can go hand in hand. Well see ya later and wish me luck.

Good luck and fare well.

:thanks:

Before BC gets back to you, Druid(ism), in short, is the pagan belief and practice in the Celtic tradition in pre-Christian British Isles.

Welcome to the board, bygrace. Do please tell us more about yourself.

Druids? Other than a brief mention by Tacitus, I thought it was somewhat of joke by some late 18th century Scottish or English guy whose name escapes me at this present moment.

Oh well, have fun!

BC:

Best wishes in your Travels on your selected Path.

Items you may find interesting or helpful:

Book ~ 'The Druids' by Stuart Piggot

Websites ~

http://www.druidry.org/

http://www.witchvox.org

Blessed Be,

K

Setting up yourself as an "Anti-Christian" order is just asking to have the Christians bug you.

How about just ignoring the Christians?

Well see ya later and wish me luck.

Whoa, that's quite an ordeal (if you want to do it the traditional way). If memory serves, back with the Celts one had to train for a total of 21 years to become a Druid...

...anyway, you go BC! :3:

Druids? Other than a brief mention by Tacitus, I thought it was somewhat of joke by some late 18th century Scottish or English guy whose name escapes me at this present moment.

Not much is known about the Druids (no surprise - the term "Celt" itself derives from a word for "hidden" as far as I know, so what should we expect of the, well, priests of those people? ;) ), but yup, they were more than just a myth.

Yes 21 years it is... It will be long and hard. Thanks for the sources Karl and yes its SATAN TIME!!!!! lol just kidding

Not much is known about the Druids (no surprise - the term "Celt" itself derives from a word for "hidden" as far as I know, so what should we expect of the, well, priests of those people? ;) ), but yup, they were more than just a myth.

If that's the case, then what can be said of "authentic" worship? I mean, we are talking about Neolithic (perhaps even paleolithic by some in the fringe archeaology movement) people here and didn't leave the best sources. Even as old as the old testament is, that too is gerrymandered to what we have today.

If that's the case, then what can be said of "authentic" worship? I mean, we are talking about Neolithic (perhaps even paleolithic by some in the fringe archeaology movement) people here and didn't leave the best sources. Even as old as the old testament is, that too is gerrymandered to what we have today.

Druidism is the belief in spirits mostly. I still believe in the great energy field, but so do many fellow druids and shamans that I know. Druidism is also a belief in pacifism, love, ceremony and creativity. I believe that we come back when we die anyway, creativity is our gift to the world.

Druidism is the belief in spirits mostly. I still believe in the great energy field, but so do many fellow druids and shamans that I know. Druidism is also a belief in pacifism, love, ceremony and creativity. I believe that we come back when we die anyway, creativity is our gift to the world.

Okay. Probably not much historical about it, but I don't see that as a real damper I guess.

But 21 years?

I tried to look into druidism but couldn't find much resources about it skimming off the net. I'm sure these neo-pagan religions are much different then the originals, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Whatever works for ya is good. :thanks:

Now I'm really liking Buddhism though. Fits me just right. Plus those Buddha statues just make me smile, while Jesus on stick makes me sick. :woopsie:

this seems to be informative

A Little History

warning: does NOT render well in Firefox

Good luck.

We should have more variety, and more flavour in sprituality man.

I am not convinced that all Buddhism is against such variety. Or any Buddhism really for that matter. I too think religious variety is much better for society than the dictator/conquerer like religions of christ or muhammad. They are borg hard core.

I'm with you about islam and christianity though.

I hope one day, Shamans, Daoists, Voodoos, and Druids, and the Magis would return and bring a colourful multi thiestic, multi flavoured flavour back in to spirituality.

With Buddism, Christianity, and Islam, Communism. It's just one flavour. One way, but humans have lots of personalities, there's the homosexual way, there's the lesbian way, there's the tree hugger way, there's the pet way, there's the materalistic way (nothing wrong with getting rich), there's the science way, the music way, the literary way, the movie goer's way, the healthy way, the yummy food way.

I like the many gods way. For example, someone might like war they worship the God of war, someone likes peace they worship the God of love, someone likes money, they worship money.

sooo the old ways are better than these new fangled one way systems, of Communism, and Christianity, and Islam, and Buddism (athism). and I hope one day, the old multipersonality religions can return, such as , and the many Daoist, Druidism, Voodoo, and the Olympian system. because white, red, green and gold as singular colours really are boring. It's like eating one flavour of candy. When you can eat Skittles.

And these priestesses and priests in their funky space aged clothes can unit their multi purpose minds and get us off this rock. (Like on Star Wars 3, with all the diffrent rich dudes wearing priestly clothes of many diffrent designs) instead of the Mormon Agent Smith costume, or the Catholic black shirt, or the black viels of Islam that blocks out a very lovely face, or the shaved heads of Buddism deviod to make everyone look like a bunch of watermellons, instead of having hair styles, or children wearing those red scarfs.

We should have more variety, and more flavour in sprituality man.

Well I do have to say that my flavor of Buddhism and my flavor of Communism is distinct. I don't find it neccasary in my political point of view, to suppress dissent, shoot protesters, or suppress creativity. And Buddhism itself is alot broadr than your your giving it credit for. Buddhism itself isn't Atheistic, thats just a path of Buddhism. I myself am traning to become a Buddhist Druid. Buddhism is merely the path of escaping notions, So you can be a Buddhist christian (which are some of the nicest people I've ever met) just to add a new distinctive flavor to your spirituality. But I agree with your primary point of we need more diversity. Btw, i dont shave my head. LOL :HaHa:

You don't Bic the Dome? Tends to be a dramatic fashion statement more than anything, then again, I know few who would do this for religious reasons...

As for a druid path, cool, so, are you starting your own group, or are you working with a more established one (such as Ar nDraiocht Fein (sp?))? Have a friend who works on that path, just never was my cup of tea.

Keep us posted if anything interesting happens, or if nothing interesting happens (that would in and of it self oddly be interesting I think).

Yes 21 years it is... It will be long and hard. Thanks for the sources Karl and yes its SATAN TIME!!!!! lol just kidding

Why do it and what result to you hope to have acheived after 21 years?