Goodbye Jesus

Pondering God-Delusion, Not The Book.

insanezenmistress

Franko, that was an awesome post.

It's all disapointing, in a way. But perhaps, just perhaps, there really is a good God out there. Maybe those of us who believe in making Truth our authority instead of authority our truth are on the right track.

:thanks: Bravo, Franko. Great post all around! :thanks:

I am not even looking for that kind of answer. For example, i heared a conversation between to people argueing about Glabal Warming. The one who shoudl ahve one the argument said " i know global warming is a lie because my peppers have froze three years in a row.

I may be coming into this a bit late, but this makes no sense to me at all...

Ok, I have no idea what's going on.

I'm a bit confused too. Unfortunately it's a reoccurring feeling nowadays. :shrug:

It is not too late, my thread is undercooked.

My point with that statement was that the farmer was observing the "truth" that the scientist was argueing about. It was wrong of the scientist-type to disparage the farmer's experiential wisdom because the farmer is not as educated as him. izm

ps. and in my former post(s) I think that instead of putting santa clause in the spots there i have typed "god" it might be clearer to know that i am defining/personifying god as truth/wisdom, and not as athoritative diety. And I am sotra trying to use the god idea in a valid kind of way.

I guess I am also learning, maybe *I* cant actaully do that, or maybe it can't be done. I am trying to clear up my own god-delusions here. Trying to fish about for a way I can communicate to christians some of the truth they get exposed to here, so they can understand it and also so I can keep my god too.

It is not too late, my thread is undercooked.

My point with that statement was that the farmer was observing the "truth" that the scientist was argueing about. It was wrong of the scientist-type to disparage the farmer's experiential wisdom because the farmer is not as educated as him. izm

ps. and in my former post(s) I think that instead of putting santa clause in the spots there i have typed "god" it might be clearer to know that i am defining/personifying god as truth/wisdom, and not as athoritative diety. And I am sotra trying to use the god idea in a valid kind of way.

I guess I am also learning, maybe *I* cant actaully do that, or maybe it can't be done. I am trying to clear up my own god-delusions here. Trying to fish about for a way I can communicate to christians some of the truth they get exposed to here, so they can understand it and also so I can keep my god too.

Since "god" is a construct of the mind/imagination, it can be anything you choose.

I thought to just leave Snakefoot's statement stand alone. He is right.

And since god is my imagination and can relate it into the truths i try to express if it applies.

But in this thread it did not and it isnt going to go anywhere now. And well if we got anywhere it was we got to agree.

In the future i hope to have a better something to ask about. But on a positive note i have overocme alot of my fear to talk to "atheists". isn't that something?

That is something.

Perhaps you should consider practicing writing shorter and more to the point posts. The first ones were a bit overwhelming and hard to follow. It's better if you write short but to the point, than long and multiple tangents.

I thought to just leave Snakefoot's statement stand alone. He is right.

And since god is my imagination and can relate it into the truths i try to express if it applies.

But in this thread it did not and it isnt going to go anywhere now. And well if we got anywhere it was we got to agree.

In the future i hope to have a better something to ask about. But on a positive note i have overocme alot of my fear to talk to "atheists". isn't that something?

No discourse is empty or meaningless--unless you choose for it to be. It might not yield the result you were expecting or hoping for, but that does not abrogate its value.

I enjoy reading and pondering others' viewpoints and ideas, whether or not I "get" or agree with them.

So, do not be bashful about asking questions. The only true "dumb question" is the one not asked.

That is something.

Perhaps you should consider practicing writing shorter and more to the point posts. The first ones were a bit overwhelming and hard to follow. It's better if you write short but to the point, than long and multiple tangents.

Ditto what Hans wrote.

Snakefoot it is like i ha ve a whole lot on my mind, and dont know where to start.

and i have taken a few lessons on what Han Solo said. Just need to keep practiceing. ( dude i am not even college educated)

I was hopeing for someone to draw me out. I am like a kid trying on my new shoes.

I respect so much of what i hear, here. But my heart goes out to the christian types as well.

and What with my pretending a god and being happy with it, and my experience trying to out congnitively dissonate christianity..(not a real verb but anyway) i had developed my own "chrisitanity".

I deconverted from it because it was hard to communicate. That is, becasue i would have to re-educate the chrisitan to see my veiw on things.

I appreciate your come back. And though i was attempting to bow-out, i really didnt want my thread to be a dead end. *i am kinda chocked up about it but thats my own psychosis to deal with*

SO i guess to allude to somethign i said formerly, i try to be a biblical atheist. *sigh*

thank you that our corospndence was not left to be the curt thing it was.

izm

and i have taken a few lessons on what Han Solo said. Just need to keep practiceing. ( dude i am not even college educated)

That's right. Keep on practicing. When I first came here, I used to write long essays about my thoughts, but over time I've learned to shorten it down (I think, anyone correct me if I'm wrong :HaHa:).

Another tip for you IZM, don't use italics, it doesn't really help the reading. It's cute, but not necessary. :)

but i LIKE being cute!... oh fine, fine, but i am keeping my cute little elipseses. Besdie it may improove my responce time to give up all that HTML crap.

but i LIKE being cute!... oh fine, fine, but i am keeping my cute little elipseses. Besdie it may improove my responce time to give up all that HTML crap.

:lmao:

Usually I can tell when someone is fairly new to the discussion board, they either go all fancy on the fonts or they have problems using the quote system accurately. With time you'll become more efficient and skip all the extra work. Humans are lazy, so we'll try to find the most efficient way to do things.

no Han, i belvie i was trying to bullshit you all with finary and prefere to call it professionalism and to appear self assurant...... but lets just keep that between you and i.

Nah, I don't believe ya'. I think you're bullshitting me now. :grin:

well three pages. the end of teh first two pages had me ready to quit it. What can we make of the third? thinking... thinking.....

someone toss me a bone. (wait if you toss me a bone then i am one of the lions and not the gladiator)... anyway.

When I go from this thread and read over some of the others I think of what I want to ask about, but when I get back here it slips my mind.

One of the "things" (and kids talking at me mid-thought is difficult) is...Ok some one once told me that it was illogical of me to try to find "no argument"

When I said that I belvied that something true should not disagree with another true thing. To illustrate, I mean that if a chrisitan is interpreting true things, and the atheist is interpreting true things , then eventaully they would come to the same truth, and find agreement. Though they might not agree in the interpretation methods' sole athority.

It was a christian wanna be appoligist who told me I was illogical. And I see from reading around here, that they tend toward abosutism and can't see truth things without attaching Jesus to it.

edited to throw myself a bone, hope it isn't my stinky foot instead.

That's the thing, though. Many of us Ex-Christians still remember how we thought about things, why we believed in our Christian version of God, and even how we thought and behaved as general "theists". That's why I can still go into a theistic mode of conversation; I still like to speculate sometimes in terms that perhaps are as much theistic as they are atheistic. My sense of morality and justice and empathy have never really changed in the before/during/after story of my own religious and spiritual experience. What seemed right to me about general aspects of human philosophy are pretty similar to how I still think about it, and what structure I bring to such speculation.

As you will find out more and more, many of us atheists are still "spiritual" people and can think in those modes. So we always welcome conversation concerning any aspect of metaphysics, philosophy, and inner (spiritual) experience.

I feel bad you needed a doobie to understand me

I like to kid around sometimes.....*wink*

Franko.

Yes. i think i was trying to thread here IN that sort of frame of mind. The best way i can explain myself is i wanted to know if for the sake of being an advocate with some of the chrisitans here, that i could include god and bible or spiritaul mumbo jumbo and still hold my atheist position(default). I also want to test out and see if i am atheist or not, seems unnatural to claim it.

To me it seems like for the hardcore christian and for the totterig christian there is no leasion (go between) kind of speaker.

It is terribly over whelming to follow all you's logical and studied stuff. And well i want to learn to act here to bring them into a usefull thought space.

Now, *sigh* i went about it in a sad way. And i learned not to post topics excitedly (perhaps not 'way stoned')

But this thread helped me figure out my function better, and my desire is to learn and help others.

izm