Goodbye Jesus

Just Watched The Movie Jesus Camp

FourDogBrewing

I know I am several years late, but I just watched the movie Jesus Camp. Wow, I don't even know what to say. I mean I knew that people like this existed, it was just something else to see it like that.

Talk about manipulating their emotions. Almost seems like child abuse.

Here is a link to the movie is anyone is interested:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-988817750017426275&ei=G3kyS5_ICZOorQKg_5WuCg&q=jesus+camp&view=3&dur=3

• Super Moderator

Almost seems like child abuse.

It IS child abuse. Legalized child abuse. ugh.gif

I wonder what would happen if children were indoctrinated into Atheism in a similar manor? Outrage I would guess.

A good thing did come out of this documentary, that camp closed down due to all the ridicule they faced from the indoctrination.

Ophelia...that's the best news I've heard all day.

Admittedly, the camp is down, but the organizers are not out of the game, they have just found other areas to "work."

Oh, and it has totally reinforced their persecution complex. Really, I wonder how those parents feel about their son and Ted Haggard, though.

Guest I Love Dog

A good thing did come out of this documentary, that camp closed down due to all the ridicule they faced from the indoctrination.

Yes, but have they incarcerated for life all those people that have wrecked the lives of all the kids that they've indoctrinated?

I bet not.

I can't believe what some adults do to the beautiful, wonderful, innocent kids in this World.

If there is a god then he must surely hate children, the things that he allows to be done to them.

Since the movie is getting on in age I'm wondering if anyone has tried keeping tabs on those kids? I'm a little curious to see if they're still so "on fire" as they once were?

mwc

that'd be interesting to know mwc

I just love how they're applauding the idea of killing Harry Potter if he was a real person - let the witch hunts begin again!

Since the movie is getting on in age I'm wondering if anyone has tried keeping tabs on those kids? I'm a little curious to see if they're still so "on fire" as they once were?

mwc

It's highly doubtful. They probably went back to reading (or watching because nobody reads today) Harry Potter and looking at derty pictures.

As someone who was in the AoG church as a teenager, I can tell you that the movie Jesus Camp is a very accurate portrayal of Charismatic Bible Camps. Nothing that I saw in the movie was new to me at all.

Although we never prayed to a cardboard cutout of Clinton in my day. Wonder why. *rolls eyes*

As someone who was in the AoG church as a teenager, I can tell you that the movie Jesus Camp is a very accurate portrayal of Charismatic Bible Camps. Nothing that I saw in the movie was new to me at all.

Although we never prayed to a cardboard cutout of Clinton in my day. Wonder why. *rolls eyes*

And that's not necessarily something you would find confined to just a camp. Some churches act that way during their normal service.

In a really strange irony, this thread makes me thankful I was indoctrinated Southern Baptist. LOL :twitch:

I am uncomfortable with emotion, I can't imagine what it would be like to be in a church or denomination that was like that. :ugh:

mwc

The "Levi" kid still has a You Tube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jesuscamper

If you'd like to talk with him, go ahead. I must caution you, though. I've talked with him a few times and he is smart ass and very immature.

I think I'm going to show this to my fresh-off-the-boat-from-Europe girlfriend.

Just so that she'll understand.