Goodbye Jesus

The Resurrection

StPedro

Hi,

I can't buy into all this evidence demands a verdict and bigshot lawyers conclude it must be more likely than not the resurrection has weighty evidence for it being so. I have always personally found this a stumbling block as a Christian, besides the lack of sense the whole picture paints, from free-will to the devil, to reconciliation etc.

I hope some of you guys can give some views on the resurrection issue. Thanks!

Hi,

I can't buy into all this evidence demands a verdict and bigshot lawyers conclude it must be more likely than not the resurrection has weighty evidence for it being so. I have always personally found this a stumbling block as a Christian, besides the lack of sense the whole picture paints, from free-will to the devil, to reconciliation etc.

It's funny how Christians say people won't die for a lie, well what the hell do they think all those Muslim suicide bombers are doing? :twitch:

The whole idea of the resurrection is pretty silly. We know people don't rise from the dead, yet we're expected to believe that someone was dead for 3 days, then came back, then on top of that they launched themselves into deep space? With no rocket launcher, no oxygen, no space suit, nothing? It sounds like a bad B movie from the 1950's to me.

Hi, when I have done some research into 'proving' the resurrection of Christ which is my challenge to all Christians, I come across some views from hot shot lawyers etc that convert over their so called verdict. I read the Josh MacDowell book, 'Evidence that demands a verdict', but found only a verdict with no hard evidence, only conjecture as usual. I'd like some views from within this site as a matter of interest and further education. Thanks and glad to be part of the woken!

Hi, when I have done some research into 'proving' the resurrection of Christ which is my challenge to all Christians, I come across some views from hot shot lawyers etc that convert over their so called verdict. I read the Josh MacDowell book, 'Evidence that demands a verdict', but found only a verdict with no hard evidence, only conjecture as usual. I'd like some views from within this site as a matter of interest and further education. Thanks and glad to be part of the woken!

I'm a doctor, not a lawyer, so my standard of "evidence" may differ from the legal definition. It is unspoken, but we tend to take historical testimony with a large grain of salt. People twist, forget, lie, or may become delusional, so testimony is not as reliable as repeatable verifiable tests, particularly those I can do myself.

Likewise, even the written statements of others about objective evidence needs to be double checked. I have found errors on reports when I have reviewed data myself.

It doesn't mean that verbal information is useless, just that it needs to be considered in light of human failings and weaknesses. What is real? What is not real?

"Little green men probed my anus" is less believable than "my girlfriend stuck a baseball bat into my butthole." But neither may be true. (he may have done it to himself, but is unwilling to admit it). Perhaps what I can take from changing versions is the basic - this guy has a problem with his asshole. Or at least he thinks he does.

Hi,

I responded to the other post, but I forgot to mention something.

There are many tales of resurrection outside of Judeo-Christianity. Augustus Caesar was witnessed by the entire Roman Senate to ascend bodily into the heavens.

When you speak of "The Resurrection" you tend to shut the door to considering other resurrections. Are they all true? How can we tell the difference?

Why would anyone possibly not believe that someone that was dead is now walking around again?

Why would anyone possibly lie about someone coming back to life (even briefly)?

What is your personal experience with resurrection? Seen any dead people lately?