Goodbye Jesus

Scientology

Panther

Hi all,

Don't know if you're farmiliar with "scientology," but I live a few cities away from their main headquarters in Clearwater, FL.

These people have taken over the city. Every time I drive through the downtown area, I see tons of them walking around in their "blue navy suits" in crowds. They practically own the downtown area and are planning even more buildings and expansion.

This is such a cult!! These people have been extempted from taxes and declared a church.

There are some well known celebrities that engage in this "religion" as well.

Before I continue, anyone farmilar with this?

Let me add this for now:

Here is a link I was reading:

Scientology

Taken from link:

Scientologists Engaged in Involuntary "Religious Deprogramming"?

2) In June of 1996 I was held against my will in the Scientology, Clearwater, Florida facility and "ordered" to pay $7,400 before they would let me out of the room. I did not want to pay for what the two staff members insisted I must have, and what ensued was a verbal battle, emotional trauma and an attempt at financial extortion. After a time I managed to escape the physical detention, but two "Sea Org" members chased me right out into the streets of Clearwater to try to recapture me. I did not pay the money. This incident is on file with the Clearwater Police Department.

4) At the end of 1996 I was subjected to [a] horrible kind of "religious deprogramming" in the Scientology "Fort Harrission Hotel". This was done, using an "E-meter", by a top official of the "Religious technology Centre" (RTC) namely Mr Marty Rathbun. I was interrogated for several hours on the most intimate personal religious beliefs (Christian) and his actions were designed clearly to get me to give up my Christian religious beliefs in exchange for RTC's "elegibility authorization" to read a confidential publication about a defective "OT level" I had previously completed (OT 7). His utter contempt for my religious bel;iefs were all to apparent. He felt that all other religions apart from Scientology should be destroyed and probably would be in time by Scientology, using RTC's programmes of "eligibilities" as the means of forcing people to give up other faiths.

I also had to undergo many hours of 'false data removal",,,to try to "get me to realize" that the ONLY valid religion was Scientology.

It did not work.

--------------

Ok...this stuff is dangerous.

We have this problem as well as christianity. The reason I bring this up is that although there are many religions, I consider this one of the more "dangerous" ones.

There was a big thing going on with them for years over this young girl dying in their care.

See, apparently, they don't believe in "doctors," they believe strictly in the power of the mind.

Oh yeah...they used to have a pretty good presence in Boston about 10 years ago, at least around the bigger schools.

I can't believe they are still around. If you listen to ANY part of their drivel it really is absolutely incredible. The e-meter, the personality profiles, the steps up through the "church"... all that with a hefty price tag attatched.

I truly believe that Hubbard wrote dianetics and founded the religion as a joke to see how gullible people were. I mean really...past life experiences holding us back today, we were evolved from clams (my personal favorite), and the whole "pay as you go" church structure.

I dont know allot about Hubbard, but he was a sci fi writer. How else could you explain scientology, other than he made it up as a joke. How could anyone believe in it? How could Hubbard have expected anyone to believe it?

Sad part is too many people take it seriously. I wonder if those at the top actually believe or just see it as a chance to laugh all of the way to the bank.

In 1973 when I was in the Navy doing my fundi xian behavior back then, I came upon someone that thought I ought to read the book Dianetics and gave me a book on it.

I never got to read it. I think I tried to read the first paragraph and got confused. Then I guess my xian life at the time had me skeptical about it. At first I thought it was a type of phonix (spelling?) program for me to learn my grammer and language better. By learning psychology and science in the medium of it.

After getting myself up to Sacramento, California in 1979. As I was getting more interested in Science and finding it to be in contradiction to the xian faith. I started apostating Christianity in 1981 and was again wondering what Scientology was all about. I was wondering if this is where people accepted Science for living reasonably, over the contradictions of Christianity. So I checked it out, but when they started getting personal about my finances, I kept away from them.

Then something had me curious about them again in 1994. I checked them out again, to find them getting really personal about my finances and then I got suspicious of them. But since then, they have gotten my address and have been sending stuff to me in the mail. It has been increasing ever since. They have been my worse SPAM mailings these days. I am getting something everyday in the mail and almost 5 things a day from them. It was back in 1997 that I tried to tell them my address isn't what it is anymore and to stop sending me stuff. Instead this is when they increased the mailings. I have ignored them, but it seems they are very disperate to get me back.

I took a trip to Ketchikan, Alaska back of August 2001 and in the middle of town there I noticed another Building for them as these people take to the Luxery Ship Liners through Alaska. So they are up in Alaska also.

Everything I have ever heard or seen concerning this obnoxious Scientology cult is BAD .

It is my opinion that it is the most destructive of all religious cults.

I have know some people that had brief involvements with them and seen them in action.

They are very very bad news.

Remember Christian Science and Scientology

are totally different.

They have nothing in common except a similar sounding name

Scientology is the evil religion of the Hollywood elite. Nothing but a money laundering scam revolving around the legacy of the latrine god Xenu. The idea that he/she/it blew up 500 billion people in volcanoes 40 billion years ago is the byproduct of a delusional mind. How do they sucker in so many souls? Simple. They force you to pay $$$ for their cleansing session, which consists of sticking two electric wires in your hand, and a third in your rectum. Turn on the current, and you get the ELECTRIC ENEMA. I say send in the Marines and clean house.

SCIENTOLOGISTS WORSHIP RIPPED OUT ROTTING VAGINAS

In 1973 when I was in the Navy doing my fundi xian behavior back then, I came upon someone that thought I ought to read the book Dianetics and gave me a book on it. 

I never got to read it.  I think I tried to read the first paragraph and got confused.  Then I guess my xian life at the time had me skeptical about it.  At first I thought it was a type of phonix (spelling?) program for me to learn my grammer and language better.  By learning psychology and science in the medium of it.

After getting myself up to Sacramento, California in 1979.  As I was getting more interested in Science and finding it to be in contradiction to the xian faith.  I started apostating Christianity in 1981 and was again wondering what Scientology was all about.  I was wondering if this is where people accepted Science for living reasonably, over the contradictions of Christianity.  So I checked it out, but when they started getting personal about my finances, I kept away from them.

Then something had me curious about them again in 1994.  I checked them out again, to find them getting really personal about my finances and then I got suspicious of them.  But since then, they have gotten my address and have been sending stuff to me in the mail.  It has been increasing ever since.  They have been my worse SPAM mailings these days.  I am getting something everyday in the mail and almost 5 things a day from them.  It was back in 1997 that I tried to tell them my address isn't what it is anymore and to stop sending me stuff.  Instead this is when they increased the mailings.  I have ignored them, but it seems they are very disperate to get me back.

I took a trip to Ketchikan, Alaska back of August 2001 and in the middle of town there I noticed another Building for them as these people take to the Luxery Ship Liners through Alaska.  So they are up in Alaska also.

Wow.....well from what I understand, this is what they do to many people. They keep bugging them and applying high pressure sales tactics.

I would not like getting bombed with mail like that......you CAN complain about it and get them to stop.

I guess they are present in maybe four or five countries....I live here where thier headquarters are. I hope you can get them to stop bothering you.

Take care.

Guest Challenger

There used to be a large Church of Scientology in my area (Southern California). It had lots of members, all of them working the streets for recruits.

I was curious about them, as I'd heard a lot about it, so I allowed myself to be picked up and taken to a meeting.

(Before I did this, I mentioned to a friend of mine where I was going, just in case. This guy was large (Nivek-type large), and if there was anyone you do not want to see on the opposite side in a hassle, this was the guy).

I was in their building a few hours and I've never heard so much about so little. It's been some time so the exact details aren't clear, but I do remember what happened afterward.

(Panther)

Wow.....well from what I understand, this is what they do to many people. They keep bugging them and applying high pressure sales tactics.

You've got that right. Think of the pushiest used car saleman you've ever encountered, and he's got nothing on these people. They wanted to set up a timeshare in my head. If they felt they had a live one--or one they could resuscitate--they went into a feeding frenzy. I heard from those people for months (I didn't give them my address or phone, but they got it anyway). They sent lots of nicely illustrated material. They sent

more
nicely illustrated material. They stopped me on the street. They talked to me at work (public place). I saw them in the local library.

(Note: I didn't think I was being stalked, it's just that those people were everywhere; it would have been hard to find somewhere where they weren't).

They asked nicely. They asked more nicely. They didn't outright plead, but I'll bet they would have if they thought it would help. There was some thinly veiled cajoling, however.

As a last resort, they even sent over a nice young lady of delicate beauty, soft, brown hair, gentle voice. If there was anything that would have worked, this definitely was the right bait to use. The timing was almost right. . .for a new girlfriend, that is.

We talked. She was a well-spring of information.

Her church was her home. Period. She lived there, you see, and the totality of her existence was summed up within those walls, and what gave her life meaning was whatever she could do for them. Her real family? What family? She didn't say she was a runaway, but the thought had crossed my mind. There were people I saw in there that night I was therewho were definitely under the legal age (18), and the Scientology recruiters spent a lot of time at the local bus station, located just a few blocks down the street. . .

I'd like to say that all worked out for the best, and we had a wonderful time together, but. . .I was just too nice. I sent her away with nary a hair on her pretty head out of place. There's no tellling what she went back and told them, because I never heard from her again, and eventually, the Scientologists gave up.

Now if I'd been well-heeled, which I wasn't, and they'd been aware of that, perhaps they would have persisted. There are other religious cults like the Moonies and Hare Krishnas whose primary targets are children of affluent parents. A gentleman named Ted Patrick wrote a book about his experiences in deprogramming those young adults (it is important to note that all of these cult recruits are of legal age--this avoids a kidnapping rap).

(love)

I have know some people that had brief involvements with them and seen them in action.

They are very very bad news.

You've got that exactly right.

I usually don't have a problem with Scientologists, but inevitably some of them make the same stupid mistakes other religions do. Then they annoy me.

I would not like getting bombed with mail like that......you CAN complain about it and get them to stop.

I guess they are present in maybe four or five countries....I live here where thier headquarters are. I hope you can get them to stop bothering you.

Take care.

If I know how and can get around-to-it. I didn't find the time to get back to seeing the newer Post here since my last Post and the Poster after me. I at times use the envelopes of their mail for scratch paper. But it bothers me more when others see the mail I get. Because I'm not into this cult. I try to tell others they are just SPAMing me this crap. This is mail I throw away.

Forgive my ignorance, but what the hell is scientology anyway? It's not very big over here in Britain, but I have a nasty feeling that thanks to the likes of Tom Cruise etc it soon will be....