Goodbye Jesus

Empty Tomb, Was There One.

Guest Valk0010

Guest Valkyrie0010

I don't think based off the research that I have done, that there was a empty tomb.

And without the empty tomb, the resurrection doesn't have much to stand on.

Am I right. Let's see :P

I am going to lay out some things that make me think that there is no empty tomb

1. Mark originally ended with the women not telling anyone because they are afraid.

2. Paul's silence on the matter even when it would have been thing worth mentioning in his letters

3. The added part of mark, reads like a summery of Matthew Luke and John.

4. The fact that people in Jesus situation would not be put in a tomb, alone.

5. The contradictory nature of the accounts.

6. Arimathea as a place has been speculated on, but has never been found.

7. The internal countradictory nature of the story. A C-string disiple going to bury Jesus, when the apostles all ran, after the sabbath had already started.

Got any more to add or am I wrong on some of these would like to know

I don't think based off the research that I have done, that there was a empty tomb.

I had a dream last night. I went back in time with a video camera to Jerusalem and found Jesus. He was placed in the tomb and the stone rolled into place.

During the night, recorded with a night vision lens, I saw 2 men roll the stone away and carry the body away. I followed them, and they dumped the body into a garbage heap. The next morning, some woman went to the tomb, and the two men spoke with here and said, "He's not here."

"Where is he? Is he risen from the dead?" she asked.

"Whatever," replied one of the men.

She immediately went and told the disciples who were skeptical, but they too saw the empty tomb.

Assuming my dream is an accurate vision of what actually happened (a phenomenon well documented in the Bible), Jesus' body should be in a garbage dump somewhere.

There was indeed an empty tomb.

Maybe... it's just a story.

Maybe... there never was a tomb at all, Jesus' body was tossed into the garbage dump with the rest of the criminals and the story of the tomb was made up later by Christians outside of Jerusalem to sound cool.

Maybe...

Either you believe it, or you don't.

There might well have been a tomb, but it never had anything in it in the first place. Who knows?

• 2 weeks later...

This would really depend on whether or not the Jesus character as we know it in the Christian Bible actually existed.

Contrary to the claims of believers, it's also possible Jesus could have survived the crucifixion and he never died on the cross http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucifixion#Survival

Since death does not follow immediately on crucifixion, survival after a short period of crucifixion is possible, as in the case of those who choose each year as a devotional practice to be non-lethally crucified.

There is an ancient record of one person who survived a crucifixion that was intended to be lethal, but that was interrupted. Josephus recounts: "I saw many captives crucified, and remembered three of them as my former acquaintance. I was very sorry at this in my mind, and went with tears in my eyes to Titus, and told him of them; so he immediately commanded them to be taken down, and to have the greatest care taken of them, in order to their recovery; yet two of them died under the physician's hands, while the third recovered."[35] Josephus gives no details of the method or duration of the crucifixion of his three friends before their reprieve.

I think the resurrection stories were based on dreams/visions, and the empty tomb stories were a later elaboration. (E.G., Paul - possibly our earliest source - doesn't mention an empty tomb, but does mention "appearances" of Jesus.) Most, or maybe all, of the passion/crucifixion story in the Gospels was built out of Old Testament scriptures (gambling for his clothes, crown of thorns, etc.) Probably the only historical element was the crucifixion itself. See The Historical Jesus by John Dominic Crossan for a hard but interesting read on what's historical about Jesus and what isn't.

• Super Moderator

And based on mine, none of the miraculous tales are factually true. Myth, allegory, tall tale, or just BS. The shit never happened or it would have made the news, not just the storybook.

Is it not possible that Jesus' followers were told that he would be in that tomb, yet his captors dumped him elsewhere? Maybe to keep them from stealing his body or even as a cruel joke?

All of these possible scenarios, as speculations, are much better explanations based on the evidence we actually have than the explanation that a crucified and dead person was buried in the tomb and then came out alive three days later.

So, was there really an empty tomb as described in the New Testament? Probably not.

Nope, no empty tomb:

http://www.rejectionofpascalswager.net/notomb.html

The simple fact of the matter is that the alleged Magical Undeadening of Jesus never actually occurred. The Lard is Dead! :HappyCry:

Guest Babylonian Dream

He must've been hated to be buried alone, hated by his family. The romans must've loved him, as they usually didn't bury those they executed. :lmao:

You should probably try to lay out your research for points of discussion.