Goodbye Jesus

The Only Way To Prove Scripture Wrong

Bro

Well, I'm not 100% convinced, but I now know why they believe Tyre came to pass. The jury is still out, but it's a 11 to 1 situation at the moment. I don't necessarily look at one prophecy and decide, but I take them all into account and weigh it up.

The Neb/Egypt one is interesting, as I can find next to nothing that proves it. Of course theists counter with 'well that doesn't mean it didn't occur'.

The reason why they believe it came to pass is because they believe it was the infallible word of God. All that stuff about words actually meaning Neb + Alexander, and never being found again referring to the old city of Tyre are just rationalizations which have been developed.

Anyway another prophecy which you might want to look at is Isaiah's prophecy that Babylon would be conquered by the Medes. It's an interesting one because the it was actually conquered by the Persians (Apologist's say the medo/persians I believe) and it makes specific reference to how all the people will be ruthlessly slaughtered, whereas historically the city was taken relatively bloodlessly due to the fact that nobody really wanted to fight.

Well, I'm not 100% convinced, but I now know why they believe Tyre came to pass. The jury is still out, but it's a 11 to 1 situation at the moment. I don't necessarily look at one prophecy and decide, but I take them all into account and weigh it up.

The Neb/Egypt one is interesting, as I can find next to nothing that proves it. Of course theists counter with 'well that doesn't mean it didn't occur'.

The reason why they believe it came to pass is because they believe it was the infallible word of God. All that stuff about words actually meaning Neb + Alexander, and never being found again referring to the old city of Tyre are just rationalizations which have been developed.

Anyway another prophecy which you might want to look at is Isaiah's prophecy that Babylon would be conquered by the Medes. It's an interesting one because the it was actually conquered by the Persians (Apologist's say the medo/persians I believe) and it makes specific reference to how all the people will be ruthlessly slaughtered, whereas historically the city was taken relatively bloodlessly due to the fact that nobody really wanted to fight.

Thank you, I'll look into it

And yes, I think you are right about the rationalising and wordplay - but the frustrating thing is, it's mostly acceptable and even possible.

Thank you, I'll look into it

And yes, I think you are right about the rationalising and wordplay - but the frustrating thing is, it's mostly acceptable and even possible.

Ah, I understand where your coming from then. Yeah sure, that's sound pretty iffy, but, it might be true. And that's the problem, generally speaking that sort of thing can probably be spun for pretty much any problem you can find in the bible, just depends on how clever the apologist is, and chances are they will be able to spin at least halfway feasable for any prophecy you care to throw at them.

My Greek professor always said that if you hear some one predicting the day of Christ's return to go ahead and make picnic plans because for sure it won't be that day. So far he's been right.

Well this is a first!

I've just received an answer from one of the more respected and educated theological historians on a forum I frequent. And this person told me he has no idea how to resolve the issue of Neb's inasion of Egypt. Though, as an interesting aside, if you read Ezekiel 29 you'll notice that King Neb has nothing to do with invading Egypt - he comes into the picture much later. The desolation comes from God, much earlier. This however, does not answer the question about the 40 year desolation period.

It is, he said, one of the biblical issues that has not been resolved. Yet?