Goodbye Jesus

Fight The Religious Right

necrosmith

Hi, guys.

I did a few Bing searches and wasn't too satisfied with the results.

I figured there are a lot of smart people on this board, so I figured I could ask you guys for ideas.

What are some active ways we can fight the religious right?

What sort of ideas can you think of that we could do to take the fight to these guys?

Don't vote for them.

Let's take a lesson from their "book" and exterminate them. YEAH!!

That would give them masturbation material.

I've lost my patience. What were those questions that I ask myself before I speak?

Oh yeah.

Is it truthful?

Is it relevant?

Is it kind?

Let me try.

In my opinion this thread does not belong in this forum. I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. And maybe it's not even my place to point this out. I am amazed that someone who wants so ardently to fight the religious Right couldn't ascertain which forum was proper for this thread.

That's not far from it. I tried. :shrug:

I've lost my patience. What were those questions that I ask myself before I speak?

Oh yeah.

Is it truthful?

Is it relevant?

Is it kind?

Let me try.

In my opinion this thread does not belong in this forum. I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. And maybe it's not even my place to point this out. I am amazed that someone who wants so ardently to fight the religious Right couldn't ascertain which forum was proper for this thread.

That's not far from it. I tried. :shrug:

It's out of place in Science vs. Religion for sure. This should be an 'Off Topic' thread. It's not really related to Science or Religion, but politics.

I'm of a mind that one should fight for one's own freedoms, and not against those of others.

'Fighting the Religious Right' isn't really productive. Fighting against a particular political group isn't helpful.

Fight their policies and attempts to take freedoms away from others, but not against them just because of who they are. That mentality is probably the biggest problem in Washington right now. Neither of the two major parties seem interested in getting anything done, but rather seem set against just opposing the other side just because they aren't them.

I've got no wish to destroy the Religious Right, but rather to support those who would prevent them from enacting oppressive policies that infringe on the rights of others.

That's all one can really do.