Goodbye Jesus

Question for Christian Men...Do you...

Guest SerenityNow

Guest SerenityNow

Not once, not twice, not three times, or even 4 but 5 times you are told to greet each other with a holy kiss. However, I've never seen any Christian men kiss each other. Jesus kissed men a lot, Peter and Paul say to do it. Aren't you supposed to be just like Jesus? Or is this excused away with "the time" we live in? I LOVE when Christians pick and choose, especially when they do it based on culture. All those hand shakes should be kisses. So next Sunday will you give holy kisses or are you afraid of getting punched in the face. I've never heard this teaching in the pulpit.

Romans 16:

16 Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ send greetings.

1 Corinthians 16:20

20All the brothers here send you greetings. Greet one another with a holy kiss.

2 Corinthians 13:12

12 Greet one another with a holy kiss.

1 Thessalonians 5:26

26 Greet all the brothers with a holy kiss.

1 Peter 5:14

14Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace to all of you who are in Christ.

Most Christians (not you Amanda) have a MAJOR problem here to deal with...You WON'T obey a simple command. You are picking and choosing what to obey, very hypocritical.

Allow me to anticipate the Christian™ answer. They will assert that "greeting with a kiss" is both a Middle Eastern and European custom, thus having nothing to do with modern Western culture. WE shake hands, and maybe do that "half hug" manuever.

Christians™ will also claim that the "holy kiss" injunction was given to another era, and therefore not binding on today's believer.

Thus hand shaking is synonymous with "greeting one another with a holy kiss."

See? It's really easy when you have access to a handy dandy Christian™ Bullshit Decoder Ring®! :grin:

Not once, not twice, not three times, or even 4 but 5 times you are told to greet each other with a holy kiss.

:grin::grin::grin:

When I was a Christian I did not obey that command. But then again, maybe I was not a true believer :wicked: .

... a handy dandy Christian Bullshit Decoder Ring®!  :grin:

As you know, the official theological word for it is contextualization. But I like your terminology much better.

a handy dandy Christian Bullshit Decoder Ring®!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

By the way, I was once told about a baptist who contextualized the Lords Supper to Danish culture by serving bear and Danish pastry. :grin: