Goodbye Jesus

Can Explosive Weapons Cause Global Warming?

NimbusBirdMgp

Has Scientist looked into what explosive weapons do to the environment? Have they ever analysed the effects towards adding more to Global Warming?

I like to know if our intense of wars, like in Iraq and around the world with so many weapon explosions ... Could be causing Global Warming? (Especially like out in the Atlantic Ocean where Hurricanes are manifesting themselves.)

Also here is a link to the Current Atlantic Ocean Satellite Picture. Seems at this time some more Hurricanes are brewing ... :twitch::scratch:

Current Atlantic Ocean Satellite Picture Weather Images

Will our government start realizing that Global Warming issues are being neglicted?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

They are not being neglected. Funny though how the planet has hit ice ages and warm ages long before man was around.....

They are not being neglected.  Funny though how the planet has hit ice ages and warm ages long before man was around.....

not to mention all the fires that used to rage out of control with no man-made fire breaks and forest management, etc.

makes you wonder how we ever got out of that last ice age 10,000 years ago - maybe early man started massive forest fires to warm all that ice up? I mean, it couldn't have been merely natural phenomenon.........

not to mention all the fires that used to rage out of control with no man-made fire breaks and forest management, etc.

makes you wonder how we ever got out of that last ice age 10,000 years ago - maybe early man started massive forest fires to warm all that ice up?  I mean, it couldn't have been merely natural phenomenon.........

Ice ages go through cycling with interglacial period happening between the 100k cycles and the 40k cycles. Many factors contribute to the coming and retreating of glaciers. Clicky

Man probably had something to do with the current interglacial 'hot age' since we changed so much of the planet's face through agriculture and engineering in 8000 years. Some people think we might have set back the next ice age for another 50k years. Who knows, CO2 levels are higher than they have ever been for at least the past 400k and global warming might keep in check future cooling. :shrug: The thing is the goose might overcook if we don't watch ourselves.

I think global warming has more to do with everyday pollution than weapons. If there was ever a nuclear war, I would guess that would contribute to the problem.

25 years ago we were worried about global cooling because we had witnessed a cooling trend from 1940 to 1980 during a massive increase in industrialization and CO2 emissions. (the cooling was supposedly due to increases in concrete surfaces, bwa ha ha).

Why don't we hear about that today? Because it doesn't fit the agenda.

Fortunately those two hurricanes aren't heading toward the US. At least that's what I heard on the news.

Those ones must be regular hurricanes and not God's wrath like Katrina.

The problem with global warming is the greenhouse effect caused by the accumulation of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere. We need to tackle greenhouse emission rates. I don't think that the heat generated by explosions is where our concern needs to be.

If I can use the analogy of a car engine, imagine that the problem is that we've blocked the exhaust pipe. At that point, the engine's gonna blow regardless of whether you burn regular fuel or the high octane stuff. Your priority should be unblocking the exhaust rather than worry about how much fuel you're burning in the engine.

I hope that makes sense...

25 years ago we were worried about global cooling because we had witnessed a cooling trend from 1940 to 1980 during a massive increase in industrialization and CO2 emissions.  (the cooling was supposedly due to increases in concrete surfaces, bwa ha ha).

Why don't we hear about that today?  Because it doesn't fit the agenda.

I've got a copy of a science magazine article worrying that man was about to set off the next Ice Age........from early 1970 I think.....I'll have to dig that up

Well? :scratch: My Thread here was in asking the question about such. Not saying climate is all on it own on this.

Of course the Science Experts aren't around in this forum to answer my question. I might have to go somewhere else to find the answers. But I wanted this to be provocative. To say the least... That if we don't respect life and the biosphere of Earth, there will be consequences for our actions.

Well? By these answers, I guess President Bush is doing an excellent Job? We'll just allow hurricanes to be a part of our ignorance, cause they will do what they have to do? They are just doing what it always has been doing? We shouldn't even bother to worry what we do, if we want to blow up this Planet?

Has Scientist looked into what explosive weapons do to the environment?  Have they ever analysed the effects towards adding more to Global Warming?
They have... not very thoroughly, but they have.
I like to know if our intense of wars, like in Iraq and around the world with so many weapon explosions ...  Could be causing Global Warming? (Especially like out in the Atlantic Ocean where Hurricanes are manifesting themselves.)
The general concensus is that the amount of explosives used over the last 100 years has had LESS effect on the environment than a single volcanic eruption... (heat and dust forced into the environment, that is.)
Also here is a link to the Current Atlantic Ocean Satellite Picture.  Seems at this time some more Hurricanes are brewing ...  :twitch:   :scratch:

Current Atlantic Ocean Satellite Picture Weather Images

Will our government start realizing that Global Warming issues are being neglicted?

They're not...

Not only are the effects of explosives negligable compared to what nature does itself, but the amount of greenhouse gasses is ALSO negligable.

A single volcano does more damage, creates more pollution, and contributes more to Global Warming than anything mere humans have done in the last 100 years. Now, think how many eruptions there have been in the last 100 years and ask yourself if humans really are the problem...

It will happen whether we want it to or not, and there's nothing we can do to stop it.

Ok, I have a stupid question. How does CO2 actually change the temperature of the earth? If it traps heat in, would it not also reflect more heat out arriving from the sun?

It seems like it would tend to average out temperatures rather than cause a net increase. I'm not saying that averaging out temperatures would be benign, I'm just trying to understand something that has never made any sense to me.

Ok, I have a stupid question.  How does CO2 actually change the temperature of the earth?  If it traps heat in, would it not also reflect more heat out arriving from the sun? 

It seems like it would tend to average out temperatures rather than cause a net increase.  I'm not saying that averaging out temperatures would be benign, I'm just trying to understand something that has never made any sense to me.

I had to do some searching on this, (thanks for that... I wasn't sure why myself, so it gave me the urge to find out) and I found something quite interesting...

Because the atmosphere is such a good absorber of longwave infrared, it effectively forms a one-way blanket over the earth's surface. Visible and near-visible radiation from the sun easily gets through, but thermal radiation from the surface can't easily get back out. In response, the earth's surface warms up. The power of the surface radiation increases by the Stefan-Boltzmann law until it (over time) compensates for the atmospheric absorption.

source

Basically, it all depends on the way the heat is being transmitted. On the way in, it's throughout the spectrum, while on the way out it's mainly longwave...

Since the atmosphere (especially CO2) is efficient at absorbing longwave heat, it's a one-way insulation effect.

That's why Venus is the hottest planet even though Mercury is closer to the sun...