Goodbye Jesus

Oklahoma Bible Bill

Guest danny64

Guest danny64

well oklahoma is at it again. oklahoma legislators will jim crowe abortion, gay rights, and now they are trying to force religion and specifically christianity of course in to the public schools. chuck norris and the 700 club along with willing oklahoma legislators are passing the bible bill. they want to offer courses on the bible, taught as history, to public high school students in the state schools. this is a violation of the seperation of church and state becasue it uses pulic money to promote the christian bible and chritianity. as a oklahoma high school teacher and an atheist i am upset but also a bit curious. what will they do if it passes? who will teach these classes? what kind of mess will the christians make if they get their way? does anyone think they can actually get along and find some common ground? what would they teach exactly? whose version or interpretation would be taught? and how long before the lawsuits? maybe this thing needs to pass. give them enough rope, maybe they will hang themselves.

I would have thought that kind of thing violated the US Constitution.

Wow.

If it was taught is purely historical I wouldn't have a problem with it. It can be shown that much of the bible is not historical, and it can be shown how it is morphed through history and the endless violence it has caused. But of course, that isn't what will happen.