Goodbye Jesus

I'm Taking A Break

dB-Paradox

I've got to take a break for a while. Not just from this site, but from the internet altogether. I feel I'm spending too much time online. This is certainly one of my most visited sites, and I think I will continue to pop in every once in a while, but not nearly as often. Plus it's a little hard on me, being surrounded by Christian loved ones. I have a hard time separating the delusion from the people I love. I don't love what they believe in, but I love them. And associating negative feelings toward their faith seems to have rubbed off as negative feelings toward them. I don't like that one bit.

Anyway I think I'm strong enough now that I won't get sucked back in. Honestly, I've just learned far too much to go back. But now I need to focus on spending more time with my own family. I still get email notifications when I get a new PM, and I have been keeping in touch with a few people via PM, so I'll try and respond ASAP if that's the case. But as for the forums I'll say, see ya around from time to time and it was really great getting to know so many of you! Take care.

Dan

I hope you get what you are looking for.

Best of luck to you!

I understand man. I take breaks from time to time for much the same reasons.

Appreciate your situation, Dan. Enjoy your commentary, though, so drop by occasionally.

From what you say, it sounds like the site has served it's purpose in your life. It seems to me that often, when folks feel a need to leave for any reason, that they have an almost guilty feeling over leaving, as though they're subtly betraying us by leaving, or something. I wish that wasn't the case. I'd like to see them enjoy whatever gratitude they may have and leave with the same kind of joy a college grad has when they leave that institution.

Hanging around after earning their degree is not the point. Taking what they've earned, moving on and applying it in life is the point.

If you think you've learned enough that religion is no danger to you, then this site has served it's purpose. That's nothing but a good thing, and very gratifying to those of us who may have had the honor of contributing to it in some small way.

Years ago, I read a quote (Unfortunately, I can't remember who said it.) which went something like, "In order for any healing system to be truly complete, it must, at some point, self-destruct."

Take care. I've done the same thing from time to time. Sometimes I just lurk and read. Other times I chime in. It's all a process.

Loren said it best