Goodbye Jesus

Solar Flares Now after Hurricane Katrina

NimbusBirdMgp

So if Global Warming is Natural (?) Then something in this sequence of things happing Naturally is making me wonder and getting bezzar.

If this News occured September Wednesday 7 or Thursday 8. That is 1 Week and 3 or 4 days after Katrina's Hit on New Orleans, LA.

So if Natural phenomenon things are happening? Maybe there is some kind of God\Deity?

:god: But that would require something then world religions with such.

CNN.com Solar Flare September 8, 2005

"This flare, the fourth largest in the last 15 years, erupted just as the ... sunspot cluster was rotating onto the visible disk of the sun," said Larry Combs, solar forecaster at the center."

Does that mean everyone has to stop sucking dick?

God sure is pissed at those gays.

Yeah.

(sarc)

It wasn't enough to kill a bunch of innocent people to scare the gays, but he has to make solar flares. What next? Meteor showers? Maybe a couple of earthquakes in Californa? Heck, why not a drought in Sahara?

So if Global Warming is Natural (?)  Then something in this sequence of things happing Naturally is making me wonder and getting bezzar.

I think global warming is a mix of natural events AND human polution.

If this News occured September Wednesday 7 or Thursday 8.  That is 1 Week and 3 or 4 days after Katrina's Hit on New Orleans, LA.

So if Natural phenomenon things are happening?  Maybe there is some kind of God\Deity?

:god:   But that would require something then world religions with such.

CNN.com Solar Flare September 8, 2005

Nah. Why would it be any different from the extra activity solar flares 15 years ago? These things come and go all the time. It can't be the end of the world every time a natural event is happening.

There are earthquakes in California all the time, several every day, but majority are to small to feel. And once in a while a bigger one comes. This doesn't mean the end of the world is nigh, or that God is proving a point (which btw he never reveals what it is!). If there was a little bigger than usual in CA right now, would you go ahead and believe it was a sign from God about N.O. also? Or if there was a record rain in some foreign rain forest?

Relax Nimbus, the world is not falling apart.

Actually, there aren't any more solar flares than normal. The press is just hyping it up.

Wikipedia

Quote: Solar flares were first observed on the Sun in 1859 by English astronomer Richard Carrington. Similar stellar flares have also been observed to varying degrees on other stars in modern times.

The frequency of solar flares varies, from several per day when the Sun is particularly "active" to less than one each week when the Sun is "quiet". Solar flares may take several hours or even days to build up, but the actual flare takes only a matter of minutes to release its energy.

Celebrity deaths always happen in threes.

...or is it simply that we've heard that and come to expect it, and so we group deaths by threes arbitrarily to prove it?

Anytime something big happens, people start looking for other signs of the apocalypse that would otherwise have been ignored. Would anyone have been talking about solar flares if not for Katrina?

I worked with a bunch of space weather geeks at my last assignment before retirement. They loved that crap. Never heard them comment about strange numbers of corona mass ejections, solar winds or solar flares. My unit made software for space weather satellites and thier groundstantions.

I worked with a bunch of space weather geeks at my last assignment before retirement.  They loved that crap.  Never heard them comment about strange numbers of corona mass ejections, solar winds or solar flares.  My unit made software for space weather satellites and thier groundstantions.

You would think they could relate a highten amount of solarflares to explain why Bob spilled his coffee on some imporant papers this morning. Since they have the data to prove it... :HaHa:

I don't really get what the big deal is here...are you worried because it happened around the same time that Katrina did?

I brought this up for Freethought! Something to think about. A perspective of things to take notice about. Maybe we can see what is relavent and what isn't? I'm trying to keep an Open Mind. Being skeptical, isn't the radical approach to being in total denial for me. To be an example to others, is to look at things and not ignor them.

:nono:

I brought this up for Freethought!  Something to think about.  A perspective of things to take notice about.  Maybe we can see what is relavent and what isn't?  I'm trying to keep an Open Mind.  Being skeptical, isn't the radical approach to being in total denial for me.  To be an example to others, is to look at things and not ignor them.

Appeals to superstition and primitive "God-mongering" is freethinking, sure....but it also falls into the subclass of "moronthinking".

Saying "oh, interesting...there are solar flares coming" is slightly different from "OMG, HURRICANE KATRINA AND THEN SOLAR FLARES, T3H J3Z0R IS AAAAAAANGRY!!!!!!"

You're not being skeptical, you're being superstitious. Being skeptical is questioning statements like "some people are saying that God is angry at us", not bringing up those statements and saying "it COULD be trueeeee!!!!"

I brought this up for Freethought!  Something to think about.  A perspective of things to take notice about.  Maybe we can see what is relavent and what isn't?  I'm trying to keep an Open Mind.  Being skeptical, isn't the radical approach to being in total denial for me.  To be an example to others, is to look at things and not ignor them.

As Asimov said, maintaining an open mind is admirable, but if you neglect to install a filter it quickly fills with useless garbage.

I haven't done any telescopic star-gazing for years, and I gave up my then-dream of being an astronomer long ago, but conversation of astronomical events still fascinates me. However, its timing in seeming correlation to a hurricane's land-breaking along the northern gulf coast of North America is totally coincidental. One need look only at meteorological records and data for the answers to that.

Did I say that I believed there to be a Superstition and that others should believe in it also? I did not. I will have Superstitions, but the idea is to look at it and make my judgements after I see some facts. That to me is how to go about such things. So I don't need arrogant jackasses trying to put me down on this. I already said this was to be an Open Minded Freethinking Topic, but some here can't accept what I said.