Goodbye Jesus

Links?

scitsofreaky

I have finally 'come out' as a non-christian to my little sister. I want to give her some links to good examples of contradiction and inerrancy in the bible. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have finally 'come out' as a non-christian to my little sister.  I want to give her some links to good examples of contradiction and inerrancy in the bible.  Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Here are a few links:

Are the Gospels historical?

Skeptic's Annotated Bible

Americian Atheists -> Church

Secular Web -> Library -> Science and Religion

Holy Smoke

Since there are so may different interpretations, another possibility is to let her look at other other versions of Christianity. Maybe that will reveal the absurdity to her. For example:

The Essential Role of Free Will in Universal Reconciliation

Thanks for the links and advice, Thomas.

Biblical Nonsense

Site for a book written by a poster here. One Jason Long.

Figured I'd mention it since noone else did. Has great innaccuracies in the BuyBull.

I have finally 'come out' as a non-christian to my little sister.  I want to give her some links to good examples of contradiction and inerrancy in the bible.  Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi there,

These are some of favourite links

Agnostic Review Of Christianity (This is one of the best counter apologetic site. I recommend going through all of them as they are in a form conversations,

Losing My Religion

Catholic Perspective (This is good cause you can start asking why do protestantant have it right and the catholics don;t)

Hope that helps

Wow, thanks for all of the links guys. It's going to take awhile to get through them all :)

Since there are so may different interpretations, another possibility is to let her look at other other versions of Christianity. Maybe that will reveal the absurdity to her. For example:

The Essential Role of Free Will in Universal Reconciliation

Studying universalism helped me get over the fear of eternal torment. It helped me realize that eternal hell is just wacky, contradictory and beyond cruel. Some more on that:

Spirit of The Word - has a huge links section.

Tentmaker.org - nice to read stuff.

Anything written by Martin Zender - His radio appearences and other audio files are fun to listen to too. Funny guy he is. Books are very fun to read, very worth to buy. His eschatology views are wacky, but so is every christian's. :HaHa:

Near Death Experiences and The Afterlife - Interesting to read people's stories from many different religions.

All that universalism stuff is good if ya can't shake faith so easily. I have found it does make for a better christian belief then your run-of-the-mill fundy type. Course it does have the same problems as all christians/religions do and some universalists can still be rabid fundamentist meanies. It just makes the bible somewhat less contradictory and its god more reasonable and nicer, a much more loving god.

Some non-christian sites I have bookmarked that nobody mentioned:

Ebon Musings: The Atheism Pages

Jesus Never Existed.com

I have more links too, but some of them are old and dead. Dead links can be magically resurrected sometimes with the Wayback Machine. But I'm too lazy to do that. So just Google if ya need anything more. The links everyone else posted covers much of everything anyway. :grin: