Goodbye Jesus

I.D. Seemed To Contradict Xianity

NimbusBirdMgp

True.  And it's the start of football season.

Well, that's true too! :grin:

I'm not a sports geek at all. I'm with Nimbus, watching sports doesn't interest me.

It's fun to be part of sports though, but that's something totally different.

I'm not a sports geek at all. I'm with Nimbus, watching sports doesn't interest me.

Me, neither. But going home from my grandma's house today, my dad had the Vikings' game on the car radio.

Oh, btw, the question you had before Nimbus, about evolution, that's the kind of theory that Lamarck (et.al) came up with, and it was a major role in Soviet science under Stalin, and in Germany under Hitler, and in both cases it proved them wrong, and that was part of huge starvation in Soviet.

The evolutionary process of mutations is not guided by the need for a specific function. A potato grown in gold weather doesn't make it resistent automatically. You need a huge number of random mutations and then remove the less fit. It's an non-cognitive approach.

A potato grown in gold weather doesn't make it resistent automatically.

Gold weather? I wish I had that kind of weather! ;)

No, you misunderstand evolution.

Evolution doesn't know that it has to make wings to make an animal fly!

Say that one animal can't fly, and they get some babies that are disformed because of a mutated gene. This mutation is totally random and accidental. No plan, no intelligence, no design, it just happened.

One of the babies have some extra skin between his arms and his body, and discovers when he grows up that he can jump from a tree and sail in the wind to the next tree.

This little creature have a little advantage over the other siblings, and can avoid some of the existing predators, and can manage to survive easier.

Now, this genetic mutation was from birth, and the babies this little creature gets inherits his deformation, and inherits the same little advantage against their cousines.

With time and more lucky and random genetic mutations suddenly new traits starts to show up.

This has nothing to do with planning or knowing. It's random new traits and deformations, and some deformations are not for the best for survival, while other deformations and traits are better for survival.

This still gets tricky to grasp. To think mutations can still figure away to fit the biosphere of the early Earth. For an example...

The Owl Butterfly. The idea a mutation was able to give this catapiller wings, but then to go on giving it protection so precise on it's wings like Owl eyes.

Here is a site I found about such Butterflies ...

About Butterflies

And so many creatures have another unique protections for them from the seas, on land and in the air with birds.

I ( Mistake didn't read) saw a PBS NOVA show about some Dinosaurs that have horns on them so good, that they gave them the means of making musical noises with them.

Gold weather?  I wish I had that kind of weather!  ;)

What the heck? What a friggin typo I did!!!

Didn't you know? Gold weather, that's what you have in heaven!

That's the divine weather!