Goodbye Jesus

Funny Memory From College

mick

I was thinking about this time in college I was "sharing" Christ with this kid. I was like telling him all about Jesus, telling him about he is the Son of God, raised from the dead, created teh Universe. And that if you pray a prayer he comes and "seals" you, and literally lives inside of you. And that he talks to you and you talk to him, and how it is a spiritual relationship with the one who created the universe. On and On and On. The kid was very interested and was wicked into it, and I'm getting excited. We're talking happily about invisible allpowerful beings and angels and things floating around etc. Then HE decides to take it a little further and tells me not only does he believe what I am saying, but that he actually so deeply loves THE DOORS that he has come to believe that I am right that Christ is God, and that he believes Jim Morrison is very likley Christ himself, back for a brief visitation during the late 60s early 70s, and he is totally serious. I remember immediately my coutenance changin, and my "this kid is loopy" radar turning on. And being like "dude Morrision was just some drugged up guy", and then walking away with a couple other campus cruscade for christ guys saying man that kid was out there. LMAO!! I'm thinkning about it 20 years later laughing my ass off at how nuts I was. He was not really all that different. He had more evidense that his god man at least existed.

Goodbye Jesus

Ahhh... I was involved with CCC too. Hmmm, I mostly remember them saying my zoology major was stupid.